CatBanter

-   -   old cats coat (http://www.catbanter.com/showthread.php?t=72497)

Kelly40 July 1st 06 08:06 PM

old cats coat

I have a 21 year old red tabby cat. He is in generaly in good health
considering his age. My problem is his coat. It looks terrible since he
no longer takes care of it. It looks greasy and dull and it mats
easily. Bathing and brushing don't help very much.

Does anyone know of a supplement or a cat food that help this?

Thanks,
Kelly

[email protected] July 2nd 06 01:15 AM

old cats coat

While you should be prudent changing foods at his age, Royal Canin
makes a "skin and hair" supplement food that sometimes helps with this.
It seems to taste reasonably good.
Try using it with his current food 50-50 and see how he reacts.