CatBanter

-   -   Boz bonked me! (http://www.catbanter.com/showthread.php?t=27322)

Justsomebody May 18th 05 01:16 AM

Boz bonked me!

Hello. I wrote several days ago a bit despondant about our cat Bozwell,
who had run away. As you remember, we caught him and have been keeping
him exclusively inside.

It's been a noisy few weeks with him yowling, but Boz is coming along
well. Yesterday he even bonked me while I was petting him. His
yowling seems more like a tool to get attention now, rather than a cry
to go out.

He likes to be picked up, but still likes to be pursued as he keeps a
few steps in front of you. The other day, I decided to stop pursuing
him, and what do you know? He came up to me instead. He likes the
attention, and I think is going to be a great cat (again)!

Thanks for all the encouragement!!!

bigbadbarry May 18th 05 01:28 AM

Justsomebody wrote:

Thanks for all the encouragement!!!

He sure is persistent.

One cat leads to another
--unknown--

Justsomebody May 18th 05 01:36 AM

I just wish I could get him playing with toys. He will play a little
after he's had some catnip. (He likes catnip!) But, I don't know,
maybe after being outside the toys just don't cut it for him...

bigbadbarry May 18th 05 01:42 AM

Do you have any outdoor area that he cannot escape from. A screened in
porch would probably be shredded as soon as you turn your back.

I know you've already thought about a perch in the window.

You could move out to the country. lol
or get him a playmate. He he the only cat there?

Justsomebody May 18th 05 10:51 PM

We have two other cats that want to play with him, but he will have
none of it. I guess we'll just bide our time. Thanks for your help.