CatBanter

-   Cats - misc (http://www.catbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   My cat likes knocking things over (http://www.catbanter.com/showthread.php?t=21019)

dgk January 7th 04 05:51 PM

My cat likes knocking things over

Espy (dsh, 1 1/2) is really driving me crazy. He likes reaching up
onto shelves, tables, whatever, and knocking anything near the edge
onto the floor. Pens, coins, small objects. Crash. Bang. I think he's
in the terrible twos early.

When not reaching up to knock things off, he climbs up and knocks them
down. We had a nice game of catch a few weeks back. He knocked a pen
off the dresser. I picked it up and put it back. He knocked it off. By
the fourth or fifth time I would just catch it in the air. We must
have done it 20 times. I put it back, he knocks it off.

I never had a cat that did this before. I'm getting trained. More and
more stuff is being removed from his reach. Or breaking.

He is, however, very cute.

David Stevenson January 8th 04 12:01 AM

dgk wrote
Espy (dsh, 1 1/2) is really driving me crazy. He likes reaching up
onto shelves, tables, whatever, and knocking anything near the edge
onto the floor. Pens, coins, small objects. Crash. Bang. I think he's
in the terrible twos early.

When not reaching up to knock things off, he climbs up and knocks them
down. We had a nice game of catch a few weeks back. He knocked a pen
off the dresser. I picked it up and put it back. He knocked it off. By
the fourth or fifth time I would just catch it in the air. We must
have done it 20 times. I put it back, he knocks it off.

I never had a cat that did this before. I'm getting trained. More and
more stuff is being removed from his reach. Or breaking.

He is, however, very cute.

It is nice to see a training routine working well.

--
David Stevenson Storypage: http://blakjak.com/sty_menu.htm
Liverpool, England, UK Emails welcome