CatBanter

-   -   Cash took a sudden change (http://www.catbanter.com/showthread.php?t=113915)

cshenk April 3rd 19 11:54 PM

Cash took a sudden change

Sorry to say, but Cash failed to eat yesterday and this morning.

After vet trip, he was referred to a pet hospital. They did expanded
tests like CAT scans.

He's now possibly got spleen, liver and stomach cancer plus liver and
kidney failure combined with low platelet counts indicating potential
bone cancer. He already had heart disease and has developed a heart
murmer. They can't treat the kidney issue properly due to the heart
issue.

He is in a doggie hospital tonight. More tests tomorrow to be sure.

Purrs for Cash

Sundance and/or Rebecca April 4th 19 03:56 AM

Cash took a sudden change

Ize purrin fur Mr. Cash.

Sundance

Ann April 4th 19 02:40 PM

Cash took a sudden change

On 4/3/2019 6:54 PM, cshenk wrote:
Sorry to say, but Cash failed to eat yesterday and this morning.

After vet trip, he was referred to a pet hospital. They did expanded
tests like CAT scans.

He's now possibly got spleen, liver and stomach cancer plus liver and
kidney failure combined with low platelet counts indicating potential
bone cancer. He already had heart disease and has developed a heart
murmer. They can't treat the kidney issue properly due to the heart
issue.

He is in a doggie hospital tonight. More tests tomorrow to be sure.

Purrs for Cash

lots of Purrs for Cash.

Lucy Lu

Mishi[_2_] April 4th 19 02:56 PM

Cash took a sudden change

On Wednesday, April 3, 2019 at 6:54:41 PM UTC-4, cshenk wrote:
Sorry to say, but Cash failed to eat yesterday and this morning.

After vet trip, he was referred to a pet hospital. They did expanded
tests like CAT scans.

He's now possibly got spleen, liver and stomach cancer plus liver and
kidney failure combined with low platelet counts indicating potential
bone cancer. He already had heart disease and has developed a heart
murmer. They can't treat the kidney issue properly due to the heart
issue.

He is in a doggie hospital tonight. More tests tomorrow to be sure.

Purrs for Cash

Purrs for Cash, and for you.

Dan Mahoney[_2_] April 4th 19 03:00 PM

Cash took a sudden change

All of us here are purring our best for Cash.

Sammy

cshenk April 4th 19 06:38 PM

Cash took a sudden change

Dan Mahoney wrote:

All of us here are purring our best for Cash.

Sammy

Thank you all. Cash joined the rainbow bridge today.

Dan Mahoney[_2_] April 4th 19 06:48 PM

Cash took a sudden change

I am so very sorry. The cats, Starr da Dog, Nancy and I will burn a memorial candle in his honor. Prayers and purrs for your heart.

He will be greatly missed.

Sundance and/or Rebecca April 4th 19 07:15 PM

Cash took a sudden change

Oh, noes! Meowmie an me iz furry sorree to heer dis. I will purr an meetloaf fur Mr. Cash.

Sundance

Pit2nya[_4_] April 5th 19 06:08 PM

Cash took a sudden change

Purrz fur diz wunnerfull goggy at the Bridge. Lotza odder goggiez, and even kitties gather rownd the sleeping goggy, so he will not be alone when he wakes up in this new place ...Pit2nya

cshenk April 5th 19 11:43 PM

Cash took a sudden change

Pit2nya wrote:

Purrz fur diz wunnerfull goggy at the Bridge. Lotza odder goggiez,
and even kitties gather rownd the sleeping goggy, so he will not be
alone when he wakes up in this new place ...Pit2nya

Yes, he has Aunti Mabel, Ranger (a heart dog of my husband growing up),
Face and Rosce (2 cats who passed before he was born) and quite a few
others who are waiting there who knew him well from here.

It was catharisis to write his RB story so early. It helped me come to
terms wth something so fast and unexpected.

It must have been building for a while, but there was no sign. He
passed blood tests in Dec and Jan for dentals and semi annual checks.

Monday, he was lethargic (and as we look back, it was not obvious but
he was for about 2 weeks before, rain and arthritis kickin in which
he'd recently been identified with. No suprise as he was 13).

Tuesday he didnt eat breakfast (ok, we kept an eye on him but that
happens sometimes). When he didnt eat dinner we called the vets and
got him in next day.

Wed the regular vet called back asking if he might have gotten into
antifreeze due to symptoms of bloodwork. Nope. We cart him from the
regular vet on recommendation to the pet hospital for overnight
treatment and CAT scans.

CAT scans tell the story. Cash probably had cancer for 6 months but it
was spread in such a pattern as to not affect his blood work, kidney or
liver functions enough to be out of normal. Then in the last 3 months,
that changed but we had no reason to take him in.

Finding it earlier would not have changed things. He is at peace now
and i need feel no remorse over delay.