CatBanter

-   -   I'm So Proud of Persia!!! (http://www.catbanter.com/showthread.php?t=2454)

jmcquown March 21st 04 12:47 AM

I'm So Proud of Persia!!!

We're having severe thunderstorms here and Persia usually runs and hides.
Not this time! She's decided to brave the storms (next to mama, of course)
and not hide under the bed or in a closet. I'm so proud of her! When the
thunder booms she looks up at me like "this is okay, right?" Yes, sweet
cat, it's just noise. I'll let you know if we have to climb into the
bathtub (tornado).

Jill

Alan Erskine March 21st 04 05:19 AM

"jmcquown" wrote in message
. ..
We're having severe thunderstorms here and Persia usually runs and hides.
Not this time! She's decided to brave the storms (next to mama, of

course)
and not hide under the bed or in a closet. I'm so proud of her! When the
thunder booms she looks up at me like "this is okay, right?" Yes, sweet
cat, it's just noise. I'll let you know if we have to climb into the
bathtub (tornado).

Jill

Maybe that's what she's really affraid of - tornadoes. I mean, she watches
the news, right? ;-) Lovely story and you two obviously support and love
each other.

--
Alan Erskine
We can get people to the Moon in five years,

jmcquown March 21st 04 07:27 AM

Alan Erskine wrote:
"jmcquown" wrote in message
. ..
We're having severe thunderstorms here and Persia usually runs and
hides. Not this time! She's decided to brave the storms (next to
mama, of course) and not hide under the bed or in a closet. I'm so
proud of her! When the thunder booms she looks up at me like "this
is okay, right?" Yes, sweet cat, it's just noise. I'll let you
know if we have to climb into the bathtub (tornado).

Jill

Maybe that's what she's really affraid of - tornadoes. I mean, she
watches the news, right? ;-) Lovely story and you two obviously
support and love each other.

Funny, the last time we had tornado warnings I was worried about how to get
her out from under the bed. Never fear; she joined me in the bathroom and
crouched between the toilet and the tub. She'd meow at me occasionally,
like "Mom, why are you in the bathtub with a flashlight and a pillow?" Long
story, Persia. Just sit there until they sound the 'all clear' :)

Jill

polonca12000 March 21st 04 10:12 AM

That's wonderful, Jill!
Best wishes,
--
Polonca & Soncek (also not afraid of thunderstorms)

. ..

Takayuki March 21st 04 06:24 PM

"jmcquown" wrote:

Funny, the last time we had tornado warnings I was worried about how to get
her out from under the bed. Never fear; she joined me in the bathroom and
crouched between the toilet and the tub. She'd meow at me occasionally,
like "Mom, why are you in the bathtub with a flashlight and a pillow?" Long
story, Persia. Just sit there until they sound the 'all clear' :)

Persia is an awfully smart and cute cat. :)

jmcquown March 21st 04 07:33 PM

Takayuki wrote:
"jmcquown" wrote:

Funny, the last time we had tornado warnings I was worried about how
to get her out from under the bed. Never fear; she joined me in the
bathroom and crouched between the toilet and the tub. She'd meow at
me occasionally, like "Mom, why are you in the bathtub with a
flashlight and a pillow?" Long story, Persia. Just sit there until
they sound the 'all clear' :)

Persia is an awfully smart and cute cat. :)

Yeah, she is ;-) Tornado season just started up again. Great, huh?
Happens when the temps get warm and then suddenly a rush of cold air comes
in and screws everything up.

Jill

Brenda March 22nd 04 12:11 AM

"jmcquown" wrote in message
. ..
We're having severe thunderstorms here and Persia usually runs and hides.
Not this time! She's decided to brave the storms (next to mama, of

course)
and not hide under the bed or in a closet. I'm so proud of her! When the
thunder booms she looks up at me like "this is okay, right?" Yes, sweet
cat, it's just noise. I'll let you know if we have to climb into the
bathtub (tornado).

Jill

hmm - maybe there's hope for Emily!
Brenda