CatBanter

-   -   Cooking for cats with diarrhea (http://www.catbanter.com/showthread.php?t=103215)

Bohgosity BumaskiL December 7th 10 09:58 AM

Cooking for cats with diarrhea

170 mL London Drugs Tuna
2 Eggs
5 mL Wasabi Powder
5 mL Paprika
700 W microwave oven

Mix well. Microwave on high for three minutes.
Mix again. Microwave on high for another minute.
Serve hot.
-------
I picked up Stevie as a stray about six months ago. She had a persistent
case of diarrhea until about two weeks ago, when I started cooking for both
of my owners...can't keep Stevie out of Skittles' food, so they both get
cooking.

Stevie is a voracious eater of raw tuna--still goes bonkers, running and
jumping all over the place when I open a can. Unfortunately, raw tuna brings
diarrhea back. Now that Skittles has accepted the smell of Salmon (perhaps
due to Stevie's enthusiasm), I could serve that raw. Of course, Salmon, in
its nearly pure human-targeted form is a lot more expensive, so it will
likely be a special treat when I feel like eating some.

My owners won't touch raw or canned hamburger, and they love a grilled
pattie. I haven't fed my owners enough of it to know if beef is an option.
_______
[ http://ecn.ab.ca/~brewhaha/ BrewJay's Babble Bin]

Bohgosity BumaskiL December 7th 10 11:46 AM

Cooking for cats with diarrhea

That should say 170g Tuna (not mL). I think most tuna for cats is organ
meat, which is cheaper than white, because Iron won't hurt them.

SJ December 8th 10 03:03 PM

"Bohgosity BumaskiL" wrote in message
That should say 170g Tuna (not mL). I think most tuna for cats is organ
meat, which is cheaper than white, because Iron won't hurt them.

I hope no one took brewhaha's post seriously.
Tuna is not recommended for cats, especially cats with many illnesses. And
giving wasabi powder to anyone with digestive problems, including diarrhea,
will make the diarrhea worse. Wasabi irritates bowels.

Matthew[_3_] December 8th 10 04:46 PM

"SJ" wrote in message
"Bohgosity BumaskiL" wrote in message
That should say 170g Tuna (not mL). I think most tuna for cats is organ
meat, which is cheaper than white, because Iron won't hurt them.

I hope no one took brewhaha's post seriously.
Tuna is not recommended for cats, especially cats with many illnesses. And
giving wasabi powder to anyone with digestive problems, including
diarrhea,
will make the diarrhea worse. Wasabi irritates bowels.

I put the idiot in the stupid file the moment he posted

Bohgosity BumaskiL December 19th 10 09:33 AM

Cooking for cats with diarrhea

All ingredients in any recipe are optional.

"SJ" wrote in message
"Bohgosity BumaskiL" wrote in message
That should say 170g Tuna (not mL). I think most tuna for cats is organ
meat, which is cheaper than white, because Iron won't hurt them.

I hope no one took brewhaha's post seriously.
Tuna is not recommended for cats, especially cats with many illnesses.

Speak for yourself: You do not recommend Tuna for cats, especially cats with
many illnesses.

Tuna is choice food, because it is entirely meat, and extremely popular with
three of the cats I had or hav. I see no evidence for a supposition that
cats do anything but tolerate carbohydrates, some cats more than others.

And
giving wasabi powder to anyone with digestive
problems, including diarrhea,
will make the diarrhea worse.

That is not my experience, either personally or with cats. In other words,
this recipe continues to work for my cats. Perhaps you are talking about
uncooked Wasabi powder by itself. Wasabi loses most of its potence in
cooking. After cooking, it is like cabbage juice, which I recommend for
treating ulcers and morning sickness (see pineapple and red cabbage
smoothie).

Wasabi irritates bowels.

Wasabi is wild cabbage. It is potent, though. One level teaspoon makes a
320g can of Salmon very tasty, and it is the source of one of the first
anti-oxidants anyone discovered; Horseradish Peroxidase. So, it can offset
some of the damaje that cooking or canning causes to polyunsaturated oils in
fish.

I was hoping that someone other than me would actually try my recipe before
they started arguing with me on amounts.

For all I really know, egg has more to do with Stevie's remission from
diarrhea than anything else in my recipe.
_______
Yoh mommuh soh ugly she mayd an unyun cry.

Bill Graham December 20th 10 02:24 AM

"SJ" wrote in message
"Bohgosity BumaskiL" wrote in
message ...
That should say 170g Tuna (not mL). I think most tuna for cats is
organ meat, which is cheaper than white, because Iron won't hurt
them.

I hope no one took brewhaha's post seriously.
Tuna is not recommended for cats, especially cats with many
illnesses.

Speak for yourself: You do not recommend Tuna for cats, especially
cats with many illnesses.

Tuna is choice food, because it is entirely meat, and extremely
popular with three of the cats I had or hav. I see no evidence for a
supposition that cats do anything but tolerate carbohydrates, some
cats more than others.

I was in Safeway a couple of years ago, and they had cans of tuna on sale
for 40 cents a can. Since the cat food was 50 cents a can, (same size can) I
decided to buy a dozen cans or so for my cats. - Big mistake! When I got
home and opened one of these cans, it looked horrible.....Worse than cat
food. My cats wouldn't touch it. I ended up throwing it all away....

Bohgosity BumaskiL December 23rd 10 10:27 AM

"SJ" wrote in message
[...]

Skittles was like that at first, even with Salmon; didn't like the smell,
and Stevie's enthusiasm for Tuna and Salmon eventually caused Skittles to
try it. Perhaps there was one time Skittles was particularly hungry at
dinner-time, too. Skittles will eat either one, now, although she is partial
to her old Turkey and Cheese, despite the moronic Wheat Gluten and Corn it
contains. I wish Stevie knew her own stomach regarding diarrhea. If I could
trust Stevie not to get into it, then I could feed Turkey and Cheese to
Skittles. Cats are lejendary for being finicky; unwilling to try anything
different, which is probably in their own interests, because many cats will
get diarrhea from chaynjez in their food.

Did I mention that eggs are cheaper than Tuna?
_______
To believe it makes it true, therefore it's brain fart.

Bill Graham December 24th 10 04:40 AM

"SJ" wrote in message
[...]

Well, we have a former feral cat that eats anything we throw at him. Almost
like a dog, the first time it touches him when you throw it in the air is
when it hits the bottom of his stomach. (Not actually, but he does love
people food.) The others are, however a lot more finicky

Kelly Greene[_4_] January 23rd 11 03:26 PM

Cooking for cats with diarrhea

"Bohgosity BumaskiL" wrote in message

Tuna is choice food, because it is entirely meat, and extremely popular
with three of the cats I had or hav. I see no evidence for a supposition
that cats do anything but tolerate carbohydrates, some cats more than
others.

Tuna is not a natural part of a cat's diet. It should be a treat, not fed
daily.

Bill Graham January 24th 11 08:46 AM

Kelly Greene wrote:
"Bohgosity BumaskiL" wrote in
message ...

Tuna is choice food, because it is entirely meat, and extremely
popular with three of the cats I had or hav. I see no evidence for a
supposition that cats do anything but tolerate carbohydrates, some
cats more than others.

Tuna is not a natural part of a cat's diet. It should be a treat,
not fed daily.

In Japan, they sometimes get over $100,000 for just one tuna fish. - I am
amazed at the price in the local super. I pay 50 cents for a 5-1/2 oz. can.
Of course, they ruin it by cooking it...:^)