CatBanter

-   -   Plannin fur da JB (http://www.catbanter.com/showthread.php?t=112837)

Sundance and/or Rebecca October 7th 15 06:43 AM

Plannin fur da JB

I gess we iz havin the Jellicle Ball in Hawaii. I seez dat da Booteek haz bin bizzy wif kitteez gittin dereown owtfitz reddy.

It wud be gud to start sum plannin, I fingk. Sum uv da fingz we needz iz:

--A master or mistress of ceremonies
--Da list of namez fur kallin (Azad, iz yoo dere?)
--Sumkitty to take kare uv da gestbuk
--A lokashun (did we pik a specific place?), so we kan plan fur awl da facilitiez we needz like caterin, acommydashunz fur kitteez dat duznt like da owt, maybe shade fur longer-hared kitteez like me hoo duznt reely like da warmf, etc.

Iz dere enneefing else?

Rebecca, VC

Ann791 October 7th 15 02:19 PM

Plannin fur da JB

On 10/7/2015 1:43 AM, Sundance and/or Rebecca wrote:
I gess we iz havin the Jellicle Ball in Hawaii. I seez dat da Booteek haz bin bizzy wif kitteez gittin dereown owtfitz reddy.

It wud be gud to start sum plannin, I fingk. Sum uv da fingz we needz iz:

--A master or mistress of ceremonies
--Da list of namez fur kallin (Azad, iz yoo dere?)
--Sumkitty to take kare uv da gestbuk
--A lokashun (did we pik a specific place?), so we kan plan fur awl da facilitiez we needz like caterin, acommydashunz fur kitteez dat duznt like da owt, maybe shade fur longer-hared kitteez like me hoo duznt reely like da warmf, etc.

Iz dere enneefing else?

Rebecca, VC

My brotherfur and I will take care of the gestbuk. I have ordered tents
and canopies for shade. The tents will be air conditioned and have
cushions of different sizes if anyone wants to have a nap or relax in
the cool. Blankets and cushions are ordered and will be set up a few
days before the ball.

Lucy Lu & Samwise

Harri Roadcat October 7th 15 05:12 PM

Plannin fur da JB

On 10/7/15 12:43 AM, Sundance and/or Rebecca wrote:
I gess we iz havin the Jellicle Ball in Hawaii. I seez dat da Booteek haz bin bizzy wif kitteez gittin dereown owtfitz reddy.

It wud be gud to start sum plannin, I fingk. Sum uv da fingz we needz iz:

--A master or mistress of ceremonies
--Da list of namez fur kallin (Azad, iz yoo dere?)
--Sumkitty to take kare uv da gestbuk
--A lokashun (did we pik a specific place?), so we kan plan fur awl da facilitiez we needz like caterin, acommydashunz fur kitteez dat duznt like da owt, maybe shade fur longer-hared kitteez like me hoo duznt reely like da warmf, etc.

Iz dere enneefing else?

Rebecca, VC

I haf a suggjestion for da exact location. I'z did a rekon flight a few
days ago, and I'z can submit mine report here. I'z just need to get da
Sekketary to finish typebiting it for me. glares at hoomin

I will try to get him to post it in the next day or two, den you can
decide if you want dat place or annuffer.

Harri

Sylvia and P2nya October 7th 15 05:55 PM

Plannin fur da JB

"Harri Roadcat" wrote in message
[...]

Izzit da wun wiff twu cat eerz?
Pit2nya

Sylvia and P2nya October 7th 15 05:58 PM

Plannin fur da JB

"Sundance and/or Rebecca" wrote in message
I gess we iz havin the Jellicle Ball in Hawaii. I seez dat da Booteek haz
bin bizzy wif kitteez gittin dereown owtfitz reddy.

It wud be gud to start sum plannin, I fingk. Sum uv da fingz we needz iz:

--A master or mistress of ceremonies
--Da list of namez fur kallin (Azad, iz yoo dere?)
--Sumkitty to take kare uv da gestbuk
--A lokashun (did we pik a specific place?), so we kan plan fur awl da
facilitiez we needz like caterin, acommydashunz fur kitteez dat duznt like
da owt, maybe shade fur longer-hared kitteez like me hoo duznt reely like
da warmf, etc.

Iz dere enneefing else?

Rebecca, VC

Rebecca, yu did uh wunnerful job az Mistress of Ceremonies lazt yeer...wud
ja , kud ja, ar ya up tu doink it again diz yeer?
Pit2nya az Grand Pooh Bah

Mosey-=^..^= October 7th 15 06:38 PM

Plannin fur da JB

"Sundance and/or Rebecca" wrote in message

I gess we iz havin the Jellicle Ball in Hawaii. I seez dat da Booteek haz
bin bizzy wif kitteez gittin dereown owtfitz reddy.

It wud be gud to start sum plannin, I fingk. Sum uv da fingz we needz iz:

--A master or mistress of ceremonies
--Da list of namez fur kallin (Azad, iz yoo dere?)
--Sumkitty to take kare uv da gestbuk
--A lokashun (did we pik a specific place?), so we kan plan fur awl da
facilitiez we needz like caterin, acommydashunz fur kitteez dat duznt like
da owt, maybe shade fur longer-hared kitteez like me hoo duznt reely like da
warmf, etc.

Iz dere enneefing else?

Rebecca, VC

Ai wud beh gwad tu put a basket of Jellicle Ball 2015 Rainbow cloth
hankies in a basket on the gezt buk table.
Wood dat hulp wif fingz?
Lufs
Mosey
Vice Grand Pooh Bah

Sylvia and P2nya October 7th 15 09:52 PM

Plannin fur da JB

"Mosey-=^..^=" wrote in message

[...]

I yuzt myne lazt yeer.
Pit2nya

Mosey-=^..^= October 7th 15 10:20 PM

Plannin fur da JB

"Mosey-=^..^=

"Sundance and/or Rebecca" wrote I gess we iz havin the Jellicle Ball in
[...]

YeUP,awl uzed dem wazt yeer
Mayhaps Amelia wyl hulp meh wif dem..
Ai axed Amelia ifen ai cud skort hur tu Jellicle Ball n hur xceptud.
Nao Pipps iz hoapin Ranger wyl ax hur to da Ball.
Lufs,
Mosey

cshenk October 7th 15 11:07 PM

Plannin fur da JB

Sundance and/or Rebecca wrote in rec.pets.cats.community:

I gess we iz havin the Jellicle Ball in Hawaii. I seez dat da Booteek
haz bin bizzy wif kitteez gittin dereown owtfitz reddy.

It wud be gud to start sum plannin, I fingk. Sum uv da fingz we needz
iz:

--A master or mistress of ceremonies
--Da list of namez fur kallin (Azad, iz yoo dere?)
--Sumkitty to take kare uv da gestbuk
--A lokashun (did we pik a specific place?), so we kan plan fur awl
da facilitiez we needz like caterin, acommydashunz fur kitteez dat
duznt like da owt, maybe shade fur longer-hared kitteez like me hoo
duznt reely like da warmf, etc.

Iz dere enneefing else?

Rebecca, VC

Hai!

I think I founded the place with a google map on dat biggish island.
Dere's a lake up inna mountain area wif all protected trees and stuff.
Da lake looks like a kittah curled up anna napping, frum up haigh.

It's near Waianapanapa but west a bit though still inna dat protected
park. Dere's no roads but the cataporter don't care about dat. The
main park is closed to renovate tha cabins but iffin we go to the far
lake, we'd be using lots of tents.

It's gotta a fresh water smimming area, a cave, and lots of flat easy
places fur tents. Sunds right? If so, I kin start helping figuring
out setup.

It's not too hot dere and never cold. I waz thinking a big long
catering tent to the left of the pond, center area several little tents
anna some bigger ones for those who want to sleep in a pile anna to the
right, maybe a sort of luau gathering spot wif a dance floor and
ceremony spot?

Cash anna maiself trotted about wif Iowna no problems, but wez
recommend da Boutique stock lots of kittah sandals and some fur
doggies. Dat sand version can be a little ruff on delicate paws after
a bit.

Iowna, Da insightful one

cshenk October 7th 15 11:33 PM

Plannin fur da JB

Sundance and/or Rebecca wrote in rec.pets.cats.community:

I gess we iz havin the Jellicle Ball in Hawaii. I seez dat da Booteek
haz bin bizzy wif kitteez gittin dereown owtfitz reddy.

It wud be gud to start sum plannin, I fingk. Sum uv da fingz we needz
iz:

--A master or mistress of ceremonies
--Da list of namez fur kallin (Azad, iz yoo dere?)
--Sumkitty to take kare uv da gestbuk
--A lokashun (did we pik a specific place?), so we kan plan fur awl
da facilitiez we needz like caterin, acommydashunz fur kitteez dat
duznt like da owt, maybe shade fur longer-hared kitteez like me hoo
duznt reely like da warmf, etc.

Iz dere enneefing else?

Rebecca, VC

Cash steps out with a little spring to his step and offers to make sure
accomodations are suitable to any special needs. He's seen the spot and
knows there's one he will need to dig a little channel down through for
elder kittahs. Iowna smacks him with her tail and he amends that to
elder 4foots....

Cash, da big one

cshenk October 8th 15 12:24 AM

Plannin fur da JB

Sundance and/or Rebecca wrote in rec.pets.cats.community:

I gess we iz havin the Jellicle Ball in Hawaii. I seez dat da Booteek
haz bin bizzy wif kitteez gittin dereown owtfitz reddy.

It wud be gud to start sum plannin, I fingk. Sum uv da fingz we needz
iz:

--A master or mistress of ceremonies
--Da list of namez fur kallin (Azad, iz yoo dere?)
--Sumkitty to take kare uv da gestbuk
--A lokashun (did we pik a specific place?), so we kan plan fur awl
da facilitiez we needz like caterin, acommydashunz fur kitteez dat
duznt like da owt, maybe shade fur longer-hared kitteez like me hoo
duznt reely like da warmf, etc.

Iz dere enneefing else?

Rebecca, VC

Iz like to handle the lights so no one gets scaredy of the dark. Just
enuf here and there to remind all, there is light.

I kin setup a special handling fur the reading too. Highlight the
stage anna makes the rest dimmer but not totally dark so's no once lost
kittahs get scared dey is lost again.

Would it be bad to ask for : Mistress of staying in the light

I'z think I maight be the only rescue true feral here but dere are
plenty who's been scared and lost fur a time. I hearded whispers back
den when I let another kittah come close, dat there was a special
worker fur Bast who watched just fur us sorts. I kint be dat gud, but
i can help light da way. I kin eben 'light da way' wif scents fur
those dat needs it. I'z just paying Bast back fur dat.

Daisy-chan, outta da dark now

Sylvia and P2nya October 8th 15 04:17 AM

Plannin fur da JB

"cshenk" wrote in message
[...]

I'll hab sandulz an booteez in awl syzez an mozt kolorz.
Pit2nya.

cshenk October 8th 15 09:35 PM

Plannin fur da JB

Sylvia and P2nya wrote in rec.pets.cats.community:

"cshenk" wrote in message
[...]

Iowna sqeelz and counts up duckie treets she can trade fur tuna
dollars. She licks her back toes and dreams in colors.

Cash meantime wonders if any boy-types would snicker if he got a spare
set in hot pink? He likes hot pink. Maybe if he mixed it with neon
blue or black no one would laugh? But secretly, he really wants just
hot pink.

Daisy-chan snickers at her friends then steps forward. "I'z want
really neon brilliant orange sneakers. I'z a size 6small kittah.

Iowna is a size 8 but wide ankles and toss as many colors as you can at
dem. She really likes sunny yellow. It don;t match her fur but who
cares if she is happy in it?

Cash is a size 18 with smaller size 10 ankles. So no one snickers, hot
PINK with serious CATTITUDE but make the ankle wraps tan so they melt
into his legs. Then he has his hot pink!"

Daisy-chan does a little calculation and finds they have 50lbs of tuna
and 14 of venison left after this purchase.

Sundance and/or Rebecca October 10th 15 03:42 AM

Plannin fur da JB

Yes, if yoo wud like me to, I wud assept dis grate onner. I apresheaytez yurown konfidintz in myownself.

Fangu to awl da kittiez hoo haz risponded in dis thred. Awl da ideermintz an sujestionz has bin furry gud. If it iz availabul in da lokashun we pikz, kud we luk into havvin a loo-ow? It wud be gud to esperientz da lokal kulchur.

I just lukked at da Walk uv Remembrance. (Fur doze uv yoo hoo haz not seed itzself, or hoo haz furgitted whare it iz, it iz at http://bccclub.webstarts.com/walk.html). Altho I iz glad not to see mennee namez dere fur dis yeer, I suspeckz dat we juss duznt haz awl da namez dere yet.

Rebecca

M Patterson October 13th 15 03:02 PM

Plannin fur da JB

I just lukked at da Walk uv Remembrance. (Fur doze uv yoo hoo haz not seed itzself, or hoo haz furgitted whare it iz, it iz at http://bccclub.webstarts.com/walk.html). Altho I iz glad not to see mennee namez dere fur dis yeer, I suspeckz dat we juss duznt haz awl da namez dere yet.

Rebecca

Dere have always been quite a lot of last-minute Honoree names.
(And denn a few more between the Calling and the Final Calling.)
Most of da Names on the Walk (as of last Friday) were received in our email (we have kept the Walk and done the Calling a longtime now, and people know).
Over da last few days I have been updating with names added here on da r.p.c.c., watching these posts.

Azad

Amelia T Cat October 13th 15 03:16 PM

Plannin fur da JB

Dere have always been quite a lot of last-minute Honoree names.
(And denn a few more between the Calling and the Final Calling.)
Most of da Names on the Walk (as of last Friday) were received in our email (we have kept the Walk and done the Calling a longtime now, and people know).
Over da last few days I have been updating with names added here on da r.p.c.c., watching these posts.

Azad

Azad, I'm sure I speak for the whole Community when I thank you for
performing this wonderful service. I know that it is a lot of work, and
that it must get depressing at times, but it is a wonderful tool for
remembrance.

Thank you and your human so very much for maintaining the Walk of
Remembrance, and for maintaining the list of names to be called at the
Jellicle Ball.

Amelia T. Cat

Will in New Haven[_2_] October 13th 15 03:45 PM

Plannin fur da JB

On Tuesday, October 13, 2015 at 10:16:20 AM UTC-4, Amelia T Cat wrote:
[...]

We be seconding diss comment an praise. Yoor work an devoshun is appresheated.

--
Sqeuakytoy for her Hous

M Patterson October 13th 15 03:46 PM

Plannin fur da JB

[...]

It is a true honor, ma'am.
And the Walk has been a labor of love ever since Gretchen Marie (RB) suggested an online memorial and the Mietze (RB) worked on getting it done.

Azad

Sundance and/or Rebecca October 14th 15 05:25 AM

Plannin fur da JB

We second dis. Fangu furry, furry much, Azad. I duznt know how we wud manij wifowt yurownself.

Rebecca and Sundance

Sundance and/or Rebecca October 14th 15 05:27 AM

Plannin fur da JB

Fangu, Daisy-chan. Dat will be furry hewpful. Kan yoo make da litez so dat dey duznt make it harder to see da Rainbow Brij when itz time?

Rebecca

Sylvia and P2nya October 14th 15 06:47 AM

Plannin fur da JB

"M Patterson" wrote in message

I just lukked at da Walk uv Remembrance. (Fur doze uv yoo hoo haz not seed
itzself, or hoo haz furgitted whare it iz, it iz at
http://bccclub.webstarts.com/walk.html). Altho I iz glad not to see mennee
namez dere fur dis yeer, I suspeckz dat we juss duznt haz awl da namez
dere yet.

Rebecca

Dere have always been quite a lot of last-minute Honoree names.
(And denn a few more between the Calling and the Final Calling.)
Most of da Names on the Walk (as of last Friday) were received in our email
(we have kept the Walk and done the Calling a longtime now, and people
know).
Over da last few days I have been updating with names added here on da
r.p.c.c., watching these posts.
Azad
----
Your work is very much appreciated. I know that some posters in rpca
{anecdotes) also drop by to add names.
Do you think it would be an idea to post a reminder about the walk and Ball
there? Purrhaps?
Pit2oonya
Grand Pooh Bah RPCC.

cshenk October 15th 15 03:34 AM

Plannin fur da JB

Sundance and/or Rebecca wrote in rec.pets.cats.community:

Fangu, Daisy-chan. Dat will be furry hewpful. Kan yoo make da litez
so dat dey duznt make it harder to see da Rainbow Brij when itz time?

Rebecca

Yez. It's more a purr of a low tone. Lights low like a purr when you
feels like dat.

cshenk October 18th 15 12:38 AM

Plannin fur da JB

Sundance and/or Rebecca wrote in rec.pets.cats.community:

Fangu, Daisy-chan. Dat will be furry hewpful. Kan yoo make da litez
so dat dey duznt make it harder to see da Rainbow Brij when itz time?

Rebecca

Yes, dez gonna dim automatically den.

Sundance and/or Rebecca October 18th 15 01:35 AM

Plannin fur da JB

Oh, gud, dat will be furry hewpful.

Rebecca

cshenk October 23rd 15 12:41 AM

Plannin fur da JB

Sundance and/or Rebecca wrote in rec.pets.cats.community:

Oh, gud, dat will be furry hewpful.

Rebecca

Wez just gotted back. Meowmie used to do theater lighting fur plays in
high school anna college. She gotted on a really TALL ladder anna hung
sum leeko lights anna diffuzer ones den hooked dem to da podium. Da
speaker now can paw the lights down or up as needed.

Meowmie did gud work anna we tested it. She didnt know enuf to make
them voice activated, but dez easy to handle wif a paw.

Fur speakers, there is an 'ALL' slide dat takes down all but da
speaker's lite. Dere is also a left and right set dat kin take down
one side of da room wifout changing da other. Da main one that lights
the speaker podium is separate anna kin go frum very bright to out.

Dere is tiny glow stickers dat tell you which is which anna I tested
dem. You kin read dem in da dark.

I'z tucked a little basket of glowy sticks at the entrance. Dey is
safe anna kittahs or doggies kin take one. Put one end inna yur mouf
anna bend it a little wif a paw anna you get just a little light. It
won't disrupt da ceremony.

Cash also helped with little lights along da paths that charge inna the
sun den light at dark. Dez not too bright but dey work well purr Cash
anna Daisy-chan.

Mee, I setted what wez got fur a book inna both kittah read anna
braille. Asad seems to read anna house of shenk's will help iffin
needed.

Iowna, da sniffilator

Sundance and/or Rebecca October 23rd 15 03:07 AM

Plannin fur da JB

Wow, dis iz eksellint, Iowna!

Rebecca, VC, JB MC

Sylvia and P2nya[_2_] October 23rd 15 10:51 PM

Plannin fur da JB

"cshenk" wrote in message
[...]

Datz de-lytefull.
Gudgud tu hab sum tekkeez on da teem.

P2oonya

cshenk October 24th 15 04:54 PM

Plannin fur da JB

cshenk wrote in rec.pets.cats.community:

Sundance and/or Rebecca wrote in rec.pets.cats.community:

Fangu, Daisy-chan. Dat will be furry hewpful. Kan yoo make da litez
so dat dey duznt make it harder to see da Rainbow Brij when itz
time?

Rebecca

Yez. It's more a purr of a low tone. Lights low like a purr when you
feels like dat.

Wez gotted dat. Dis tyme, wez gots it all set fur it. Daisy-chan is
busy finishing up whut to say but Cash anna eye are about to head over
wif stuff so the lights is just right but no buddy gets scareded of the
dark either.

Iowna, da sniffilator

cshenk October 24th 15 05:01 PM

Plannin fur da JB

[...]

WEz got wurd! Azad will let Daisy-chan read dis year! Wez so proud of
her! Meantime, she's practicing reading in braille really hard. Iz
gonna sniff mai way to the front so she knows she kin call onna maiself
iffin she gets stuck but she's purrfect right now since she knows how
to say KeyKey just right!

Iowna, da snifflater!

M Patterson October 25th 15 11:17 PM

Plannin fur da JB

On Saturday, October 24, 2015 at 12:01:27 PM UTC-4, cshenk wrote:
[...]

Oh, mine goodness, Iowna!

Da Calling belongs to no House, and Daisy-chan mentioned it first.

She will do a fine fine speech, I am positive.

Azad

cshenk October 26th 15 12:08 AM

Plannin fur da JB

M Patterson wrote in rec.pets.cats.community:

[...]

Iowna's ears turn pink and she looks to where she hears Azad's voice.
'Wez didnt know and wez awfully proud to see her be able to read it'.
With a grin, she flaps her ears and adds: 'she wuz awesome at learning
to read braille! She wanted to look straight to everybuddy anna not at
a list so shez learned.'

'I'z not hearded we have eny deaf kittahs but Cash learned ASL-K/D
(American Sign Language, Cat/Dog version) with Aunti Mabel. Dere is a
tallish rock to the side of the podium. We kin ask him to repeat it
all frum there?'

Iowna fingers her necklace. It was a jade one from Aunti Mabel. Iowna
hopes Aunti Mabel understands she appreciates her but can wait to meet
when the time is right to make her own walk. Perking her ears back
again to Azad, 'Thank you. Wez having fun here!'

Will in New Haven[_2_] October 26th 15 01:44 PM

Plannin fur da JB

On Sunday, October 25, 2015 at 8:08:10 PM UTC-4, cshenk wrote:
[...]

Are Uncls Simon an Rick serv an older ladycat dat dey fink has gon def. Butted she sez, "I neffer lissen to dem anyweigh, sew how cood dey tell?"

--
Squeakytoy