CatBanter

-   Cat rescue (http://www.catbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   how to tell if cat is a stray or outdoor cat? (http://www.catbanter.com/showthread.php?t=78504)

kitkat via CatKB.com February 28th 07 02:27 PM

how to tell if cat is a stray or outdoor cat?

I'm wondering how to determine if a cat is a stray or not. I see this
scruffy looking cat around the neighborhood sometimes - it looks bad but not
malnourished -

I'm worried about taking someone's pet to a shelter and causing undue
heartache for ti's owner

and of course the cat doesn't have a collar which is a $4 investment which
would clear up this problem completely.

get a collar for your pet!

Wendy March 1st 07 03:22 PM

how to tell if cat is a stray or outdoor cat?

If the cat is rather dirty then it's been out there for a while. Cats who go
inside every day are able to keep up with their grooming unless there is
some kind of health problem.