CatBanter

-   -   (OT) Disaster Relief... Attention Canadians (http://www.catbanter.com/showthread.php?t=23020)

Mathew Kagis December 30th 04 07:56 PM

(OT) Disaster Relief... Attention Canadians

To all Canadians:
The Canadian military has a unit known as D.A.R.T. (Disaster Assistance
Response Team). As the name suggests, they are a rapid deployment group
with: Doctors, SAR Techs, water purification teams, mobile kitchens &
shelters. In short, everything that SE Asia currently needs.

They are still on the ground in Canada, while Our Minister of National
Defence, Bill Graham sends observers to the affected area to 'asses the
situation'. Hmmm, thousands will die from drinking contaminated water, we
have water purification teams ready to go.... You can see how this would be
a complex decision for him...

:-(

I URGE all Canadians to e-mail Mr. Graham ( ) And ask
him why the D.A.R.T. unit is still cooling it's heels in Canada. Mabey if
we light a big enough fire under his ASS, he'll let them go do what they're
trained & ready to do.

Thanks
--
Mathew
En Vino Veritas

Zythophile January 1st 05 01:27 AM

It's difficult for a xenophobic Brit like myself to say this, but
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asi...ic/4138763.stm - Thank you USA,
you have risen to the challenge. I salute you.
51° 37' 23" N, 3° 56' 27" W

Mary January 1st 05 03:38 AM

"Zythophile" wrote in message

It's difficult for a xenophobic Brit like myself to say this, but
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asi...ic/4138763.stm - Thank you USA,
you have risen to the challenge. I salute you.
51° 37' 23" N, 3° 56' 27" W

Z--

Every now and then we do something right. Thanks for
acknowledging it.

(I am not one of those simpering softies but I actually
boo-hooed out of the blue today watching a CNN
report about the tsunami. It is too horrible, too tragic
to really grasp.)