Showing results 1 to 25 of 334
Search took 0.47 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Mark Edwards
Forum: Cat anecdotes February 1st 15, 12:51 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 2
Posted By Mark Edwards
Senyah's reward

This morning I let Miss Emily out. While I was away picking up groceries
and such, it started raining.

When I got home, I started heading for the door to let Miss Emily back
in, but she was on top...
Forum: Cat anecdotes January 31st 15, 02:15 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 3
Posted By Mark Edwards
Miss Emily is a GOOD helper

Miss Emily is a GOOD helper.

Today, Little Boy got out when Senyah let Miss Emily outside. This
usually means (for me) several walks around the apartment, trying little
tricks like sitting down...
Forum: Cat anecdotes January 27th 15, 02:36 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 5
Posted By Mark Edwards
Midnight shoe murder

In the middle of the night, last night, SOMEKITTY killed my house
slippers and left their carcasses in convenient-for-tripping-people
locations, instead of where they had been carefully placed. No...
Forum: Cat anecdotes January 27th 15, 02:36 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 0
Posted By Mark Edwards
Senyah's first exposure to the BCT

Senyah's first exposure to the BCT:

She opened the door to let Miss Emily in, then couldn't find ANY of the
other three cats. Senyah was worried that they had left to join the
circus, or some...
Forum: Cat anecdotes January 4th 15, 09:43 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 4
Posted By Mark Edwards
A game with the cats

I tend to play a game with the cats - I'' poke a paw and say 'paw'. I'll
poke a tail and say 'tail'. I'll poke an ear and say 'ear'. I'll poke a
nose and say 'nose'. If a tummy is exposed, I'll...
Forum: Cat anecdotes December 24th 14, 02:29 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 2
Posted By Mark Edwards
Little Feet is getting old

Little Feet is getting old, and he's starting to show the wear and tear
:( . I told Senyah that I usually give him anything he wants (except
chocolate, onion and garlic, etc) because of that.

So I...
Forum: Cat anecdotes December 23rd 14, 04:14 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 2
Posted By Mark Edwards
Sweet awakenings

One of the sweetest things in the world is to wake up to ex-feral Miss
Emily, sleeping on her back between our pillows, one paw on my pillow
and softly purring.

Hugs and Purrs,
Mark
Forum: Cat anecdotes December 22nd 14, 04:17 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 5
Posted By Mark Edwards
My card for this year

With one thing or another, I have been unable to do my cards. This is
the one I intended to send to everyone. On the inside, it says, "Have a
blissful...
Forum: Cat anecdotes December 18th 14, 05:04 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 1
Posted By Mark Edwards
A very good evening with OtherKitty, aka Sweetie

A very good evening with OtherKitty, aka Sweetie.

She is very quick about extending trust to me. Tonight, I brought out a
small towel to dry her off because she was wet. For a few minutes I got...
Forum: Cat anecdotes December 14th 14, 08:47 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 4
Posted By Mark Edwards
Senyah 'hears' the cats now

I have to smile.

A little while ago, Senyah tells me, "Miss Emily is at the window, and
she says it's raining."

It wasn't that long ago when Senyah laughed when I told her that cats
say things to...
Forum: Cat anecdotes December 14th 14, 05:10 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 2
Posted By Mark Edwards
Unhappy feral

I so love it when OtherKitty comes bounding across the parking lot to
see me, tail held high. Before I even put down food, she wants to be petted.

Later, I brought Little Feet out, to look around...
Forum: Cat anecdotes December 7th 14, 08:52 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 8
Posted By Mark Edwards
Something cheerful

Mark Edwards wrote:
Senyah put out the holiday rug. It has already been claimed:

http://professional-geek.net/personal/files/html/ChristmasRug.htm

On 12/6/2014...
Forum: Cat anecdotes December 7th 14, 08:50 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 8
Posted By Mark Edwards
Something cheerful

Mark Edwards wrote:
Senyah put out the holiday rug. It has already been claimed:

http://professional-geek.net/personal/files/html/ChristmasRug.htm

On 12/6/2014 12:29 AM, Joy wrote:
Either...
Forum: Cat anecdotes December 7th 14, 08:41 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 1
Posted By Mark Edwards
Treat for the cats

Turkey is in the oven. I usually pan fry the giblets and savor them.
Today, I minced the raw giblets and offered them to the cats. Little
Feet and Miss Emily were very fond of the liver and...
Forum: Cat anecdotes December 7th 14, 08:41 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 0
Posted By Mark Edwards
Grumpy cat slave

So this morning, Senyah is up and at 'em at 6am (WHY?). Miss Emily says
she wants out, so Senyah opens the door for her. Little Boy quickly follows.

So Senyah comes in, wakes me up and tells me...
Forum: Cat anecdotes December 6th 14, 04:15 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 8
Posted By Mark Edwards
Something cheerful

Senyah put out the holiday rug. It has already been claimed:

http://professional-geek.net/personal/files/html/ChristmasRug.htm

Hugs and Purrs,
Mark
Forum: Cat anecdotes December 5th 14, 01:19 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 8
Posted By Mark Edwards
Sugar Kitten has died

Sugar Kitten, the 6-month old feral that I've been feeding along with
Pilot and OtherKitty (mommy and daddy to Sugar Kitten), was found lying
dead near the steps by our upstairs neighbor.

He...
Forum: Cat anecdotes December 5th 14, 01:16 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 3
Posted By Mark Edwards
Gotta work on my timing

Twice, I have gone outside to bring Miss Emily in at night, greeting her
with "Hi, sweetie!", just as our next door neighbor's
wife/girlfriend/whatever comes out of their apartment to leave for...
Forum: Cat anecdotes December 3rd 14, 04:47 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 4
Posted By Mark Edwards
HALLELUJAH! The first feral is falling prey to my wily cat whispererpersuasion!

Mark Edwards wrote:
HALLELUJAH! The first feral is falling prey to my wily cat whisperer
persuasion!

I went out to feed the ferals tonight. Pilot was hiding in...
Forum: Cat anecdotes December 3rd 14, 04:44 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 3
Posted By Mark Edwards
Miss Emily loves me, I can tell

Miss Emily is in for the night. First thing I do is give her some
catnip, like all the other kitties. Then Apache, who is high, chases
Miss Emily, who is also high. The chase proceeds across...
Forum: Cat anecdotes December 2nd 14, 04:17 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 4
Posted By Mark Edwards
HALLELUJAH! The first feral is falling prey to my wily cat whispererpersuasion!

HALLELUJAH! The first feral is falling prey to my wily cat whisperer
persuasion!

I went out to feed the ferals tonight. Pilot was hiding in her bushes -
I could just make out her silhouette and...
Forum: Cat anecdotes November 28th 14, 03:16 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 9
Posted By Mark Edwards
Total Pilot BCT

Total Pilot BCT!

I was feeding OtherKitty and SugarKitten tonight, when I told them,
"Y'all need to find Pilot and bring here back here." At which point,
Pilot came running out of the holly bushes...
Forum: Cat anecdotes November 27th 14, 05:00 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 2
Posted By Mark Edwards
I got rewarded tonight!

I got rewarded tonight!

Just a little while ago, I went outside, just to see where the ferals
might be. OtherKitty was approaching me and rubbing against the porch
post as she did. I reached down,...
Forum: Cat anecdotes November 16th 14, 01:32 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 6
Posted By Mark Edwards
Miss Emily makes herself at home

She also gets told, on a regular basis, that she is the prettiest lion
in the world.

Hugs and Purrs,
Mark
Forum: Cat anecdotes November 16th 14, 01:29 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 2
Posted By Mark Edwards
Feral helpers

I went grocery shopping today. When I get home and unload the groceries,
I take them out of the trunk and sit them next to the door until the
trunk is empty, then take them inside.

Today, every...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 334