Showing results 1 to 25 of 37
Search took 0.00 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: spot
Forum: Cat anecdotes July 31st 09, 12:32 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 13
Posted By spot
Update on Squeekers not good

He had to have teeth removed in mid April that were causing him pain and
he was loosing weight because of not eating. All the blood work came
back ok and she couldn't find anything else wrong at...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour July 30th 09, 04:20 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 5
Posted By spot
Kitten umbilical hernia

What does your vet want to do? The kitten should be seen by a vet and
the vet should be the one telling you when it needs done.

Celeste
Forum: Cat anecdotes July 22nd 09, 12:05 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 24
Posted By spot
OT WHOOOOOO HOOOOOO

CatEyes wrote:
Erin got back the results of Brooke's tests to day and the answer was....
NO MORE CANCER!!!!!

Thank you all so much for your thoughts and prayers, they obviously worked
Forum: Cat anecdotes July 18th 09, 03:51 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 34
Posted By spot
Vet Tech Journals: Good and Bad News UPDATE

I'm not meaning to sound harsh, but, having experienced the effects of
Vicodin myself, you should not be driving or working in such a
setting when on Vicodin. The amount needed to ease the...
Forum: Cat anecdotes July 15th 09, 01:15 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 5
Posted By spot
Purring: stupid research tricks

Yea right, My cat clearly knows how to tell me she's hungry and it in
no way involved purring. She squalls at me and the more hungry the
louder she gets. There is a big difference between the...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour July 5th 09, 11:27 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 4
Posted By spot
fleas

If you use something like raid make sure you remove the cat for at least
24 hours. That way the stuff has time to work and dry before letting
the cat on the carpet.

Celeste
Forum: Cat health & behaviour June 20th 09, 05:05 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 8
Posted By spot
Healing an Injury

Take it to the vet and have it looked at. They can tell you if it needs
anything.

Celeste
Forum: Cat anecdotes June 20th 09, 05:02 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 75
Posted By spot
I Had to Call the Police..happy ending

I used to do this to but I will NEVER let any animal in the car even
with the AC running.

I had my AC quit on me just out of the blue, no warning what so ever. It
lost all it's freon with no...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour June 7th 09, 05:23 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 70
Posted By spot
more about interferon side effects

Seems to me cancer is more the concern than the stupid side effects that
may or may not ever show up.

do the right thing and treat the cat and give it a chance or put the
poor thing to sleep...
Forum: Cat anecdotes June 6th 09, 08:55 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 7
Posted By spot
Cleaning Under the Bed

What you mean you are actually supposed to clean under the bed. I
haven't done mine since we got the new bed about 4 years ago. I leave
the cleaning mainly to the dogs to do. Two of them sleep...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour May 31st 09, 04:12 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 46
Posted By spot
11 Year Old Cat Listless and Losing Weight w/ Bad Coat and gettingBoney

I just went through this exact thing with my 12 year old cat.

He was loosing weight and we had all kinds of tests ran and everything
came back normal. He had a tooth that looked a bit iffy and the...
Forum: Cat anecdotes May 31st 09, 10:59 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 14
Posted By spot
Mischief has a runny nose??

Are you sure there isn't anything wrong with her teeth? The only time
any of mine have ever drooled was when something was stuck in their teeth.

Celeste
Forum: Cat anecdotes May 29th 09, 11:12 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 11
Posted By spot
Messin' with the raccoons

I certainly would not be feeding coons no matter how cute they are. I
had a coon attack a cat of mine and almost kill it. They can be nasty
and down right dangerous when cornered. Not to mention...
Forum: Cat anecdotes May 24th 09, 01:43 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 9
Posted By spot
Pics: box sweet box

Love the pictures, cute cats

Gotta love those cardboard boxes. The best toy or place to sleep in the
whole house.

I have a box about 8 x 12 on the floor that the two older ones are
taking turns...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour May 18th 09, 01:53 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 3
Posted By spot
good electric water bowls?

Why not put a bowl in the tub and let the faucet drip into the bowl.
They get fresh water and when it overflows it goes down the drain. No
fear of anything shorting out this way.

Celeste
Forum: Cat health & behaviour May 14th 09, 06:28 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 4
Posted By spot
Cat pooping on the floor and barfing up hairballs

Any time a cat changes litter box behavior you should immediately take
it to the vet for a check up.

Celeste
Forum: Cat anecdotes May 12th 09, 02:27 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 2
Posted By spot
Update on Squeekers and the bad tooth.

I took him to the vets today and weighed him for the first time since
having the 2 teeth pulled. He's gained 0.4 pounds so far. Hopefully he
gets back up to weight in about 6 months.

I'm so glad...
Forum: Cat anecdotes May 10th 09, 09:08 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 3
Posted By spot
red bug

My two oldest look at me like "really you think you can fool me with
THAT" Now my calico just goes crazy over the laser pointer. She loves
to chase it around. At least one of mine enjoy...
Forum: Cat anecdotes May 10th 09, 09:04 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 34
Posted By spot
Advice needed: pilling Smudge

I would break it up and mix it in with something she likes. If she
won't eat it that way mix it with something and smear it on her paws.
She'll have to clean herself and get it that way.

Celeste
Forum: Cat anecdotes May 6th 09, 04:49 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 10
Posted By spot
Los Angeles Bitties (KFW)

OMG,,,,,,,,That little siamese mix is a heart breaker. He looks just
like my Mushkins did when she was a baby. I love those little white
toes of his.

celeste
Forum: Cat anecdotes May 2nd 09, 10:18 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 15
Posted By spot
The phantom sock-stealer of old Loughborough town ;-)

This made me smile.

It reminded me of my cat Meowzer who loved to play with socks.

We would play a game daily where I would hide a pair of socks somewhere
in the house and he would find them and...
Forum: Cat anecdotes April 30th 09, 09:56 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 2
Posted By spot
An odd cat

Just wondering if any one else's cat does this.

My calico will only sleep behind a fan when it's running. She even
likes to sleep behind the side of the air cleaner that is drawing air
in. She...
Forum: Cat anecdotes April 15th 09, 02:17 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 3
Posted By spot
Squeekers is eating like crazy

I guess that tooth hurt way more than any of us realized. Since coming
home yesterday he has eaten 3 cans of fancy feast himself, a bunch of
cat treats and a good size portion of kitten...
Forum: Cat anecdotes April 14th 09, 08:35 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 6
Posted By spot
Squeeker is home from the vets

He went this morning to have that tooth removed. When she got a good
look at his teeth she found that the one fang was starting to have some
problems so she yanked it out to. The rest of his...
Forum: Cat anecdotes April 13th 09, 04:52 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 5
Posted By spot
Squeekers update

The antibiotic seems to have helped some. He's feeling better and is up
and about more but he's still not eating well. The only thing he will
willing eat is a bit of kitten chow and his cat...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 37