Showing results 1 to 25 of 37
Search took 0.09 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Rona Y.
Forum: Cat health & behaviour April 2nd 10, 03:09 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 49
Posted By Rona Y.
unusual non-stop purring

On Apr 1, 8:40*pm, Kalmia wrote:

*Don't let cybercat get to you - he or she loves to twist and
reinterpret, then hammers away at newcomers.

She is not worth...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour April 1st 10, 11:18 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 49
Posted By Rona Y.
unusual non-stop purring

On Mar 31, 6:05*pm, "cybercat" wrote:
"Rona Y." wrote in message

Forum: Cat health & behaviour March 31st 10, 02:11 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 49
Posted By Rona Y.
unusual non-stop purring

Thanks for the advice. I didn't want to take her to the vet, yet,
because there was nothing else wrong with her. I was a little worried
about a UTI or similar issue (she has had problems with...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour March 28th 10, 03:06 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 49
Posted By Rona Y.
unusual non-stop purring

My cat spent the last 4 months at her "vacation home" and we just
picked her up yesterday. Since then, she has been purring non-stop,
and quite loudly. She is not by nature a purrer (she usually...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour February 7th 09, 12:34 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 2
Posted By Rona Y.
How do cats know?

On Feb 7, 2:37*pm, MLB wrote:
I call this "claiming" *She is saying: *this is mine too. *But she is
willing to let you use it later. *MLB

LOL!

Ain't that the truth!
Forum: Cat health & behaviour February 7th 09, 01:44 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 2
Posted By Rona Y.
How do cats know?

Putting freshly washed and folded sheets in the linen closet. Walk
away to get more stuff, and when I try to put more sheets in, I see a
pair of eyes staring out at me. Kitty has managed, in just a...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour July 31st 08, 03:34 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 7
Posted By Rona Y.
Christian The Lion

On Jul 30, 9:11*am, LauraM wrote:
Have you all seen this? *It's truly amazing. *If you scroll down,
there's a video you can watch that summarizes what the text...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour July 30th 08, 12:05 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 20
Posted By Rona Y.
Cat colds--is urgent care needed?

Kitty went to the vet today (she couldn't get in yesterday), and she's
in fine health! She does have a URI, but she's recovering, so the vet
didn't see any need to give her any medication. She's...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour July 28th 08, 02:54 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 20
Posted By Rona Y.
Cat colds--is urgent care needed?

Thanks blkcatgal and Cheryl.

I can't figure out if she's better or worse today. She seems to be
less lethargic, and even wanted to go outside a couple of times
today. She also seems to be hungry...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour July 26th 08, 08:59 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 20
Posted By Rona Y.
Cat colds--is urgent care needed?

Thanks, Cheryl!

She's still drinking and eating, but drinking more than eating (we
have to add water to her food, so she has to drink in order to eat,
anyway). I guess that's good, though, because...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour July 26th 08, 07:08 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 20
Posted By Rona Y.
Cat colds--is urgent care needed?

My cat has been making sneezing sounds for a few days. At first it
was infrequent (a few times a day), and it sounded a bit like she was
clearing her throat, so I thought she had hairballs. I...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour February 29th 08, 12:52 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 23
Posted By Rona Y.
Icarus Is Back From The Vet

On Feb 29, 12:08*am, "Cat Protector" wrote:
Thanks. He's pretty happy to be back. He's had fish (tuna) in his diet
before and had no problems.

Yes, but just as humans can...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour February 28th 08, 12:24 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 23
Posted By Rona Y.
Icarus Is Back From The Vet

On Feb 28, 12:20*pm, "Cat Protector" wrote:
For those that are interested, Icarus is now back from the vet and doing
much better. He's going to have to be on a special diet...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour July 18th 07, 01:16 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 6
Posted By Rona Y.
PING: Phil or anyone with anemic cats

I received the following email from my brother:

begin paste----

Shiro is in the hospital. He has severe anemia, extremely low
hematocrit levels. We've pumped almost $2000 in tests but so far...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour July 18th 07, 04:24 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 0
Posted By Rona Y.
Phil help, please! anemia with severely low hematocrit

Not just Phil, but anyone who might have experience with this type of
problem in cats....

My brother just sent me the following email:

--begin paste--
Shiro is in the hospital. He has severe...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour May 9th 07, 12:01 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 123
Posted By Rona Y.
Pet Food Recall: PURINA UR (MAYBE)

On May 9, 10:58 am, "cybercat" wrote:

Don't you have something better to do than beat your miserable breast
and tear out your hair over this ****?

Megan, I don't know...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour May 9th 07, 02:23 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 123
Posted By Rona Y.
Pet Food Recall: PURINA UR (MAYBE)

On May 9, 1:49 am, "cybercat" wrote:
"Rona Y." wrote
To a certain degree, that worries me more than the pet food scandal.

So now you're...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour May 8th 07, 10:33 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav,rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Replies: 123
Posted By Rona Y.
Pet Food Recall: PURINA UR (MAYBE)

On May 8, 11:23 pm, Sherry wrote:

The odd thing is, I don't see anyone around me, except newsgroup
folks, who seem
all that concerned. Some people have seen the signs on...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour May 8th 07, 12:08 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav,rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Replies: 123
Posted By Rona Y.
Pet Food Recall: PURINA UR (MAYBE)

On May 8, 10:18 am, "cybercat" wrote:

I was talking about cat food. I had not noticed the crossposting.

I was talking about pet food, in general. I hadn't noticed the...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour May 8th 07, 02:11 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav,rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Replies: 123
Posted By Rona Y.
Pet Food Recall: PURINA UR (MAYBE)

On May 1, 2:33 am, "cybercat" wrote:

I was essentially sympathizing with those who feel betrayed by the pet food
companies. I'm using Purina, and there has been no...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour May 6th 07, 10:28 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 18
Posted By Rona Y.
My Cat Keeps Pawing at his mouth =(

You don't mention where you live, but if you can, bring him to a
veterinary college clinic. Here's a list of veterinary schools in the
US and Canada...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour May 6th 07, 04:41 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 3
Posted By Rona Y.
Cat too scary for Canadian mail carriers

On May 5, 10:26 am, "MaryL" -OUT-THE-LITTER
wrote:

I also find it disturbing that a declawed cat is left outside. The
declawing is bad enough in itself, but a declawed...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour May 5th 07, 12:54 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 3
Posted By Rona Y.
Cat too scary for Canadian mail carriers

On May 5, 3:41 am, "CatNipped" wrote:
http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/americas/05/04/scary.cat.reut/index.html

Hugs,

CatNipped

When I first read the story...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour May 3rd 07, 01:26 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 19
Posted By Rona Y.
which pet food companies manufacture their foods themselves?

On Apr 30, 10:40 am, "Phil P." wrote:

Also, its now known that some- possibly many- of Hill's diets are made by
third party manufacturers who also buy the ingredients. In...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour April 29th 07, 11:44 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 19
Posted By Rona Y.
which pet food companies manufacture their foods themselves?

On Apr 30, 12:55 am, "cybercat" wrote:

Um, the fact that the cheapest wheat gluten around, the tainted
Chinese wheat gluten? That was a dead giveaway.

But that was only...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 37