Showing results 1 to 16 of 16
Search took 0.00 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: James Egan
Forum: Cat health & behaviour February 7th 09, 12:51 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 0
Posted By James Egan
I think my cat had a stroke

My cat Chip who has hyperthyroidism seems to have a stroke. I was going
to have the radio iodine therapy, but it may be too late. He's very
disoriented, and going outside the litter box. He is...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour January 9th 09, 04:03 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 42
Posted By James Egan
Is radio iodine procedure for 16 year old cat recommended?

On Tue, 06 Jan 2009 09:09:04 -0700, Sharon wrote:
Meh. As animals age they get sick more and more, and staying on top of
it becomes very expensive and time consuming. If it were me I'd
Forum: Cat health & behaviour January 9th 09, 04:01 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 42
Posted By James Egan
Is radio iodine procedure for 16 year old cat recommended?

On Tue, 06 Jan 2009 19:44:56 -0600, Chris wrote:

You would have to discuss this with the doctor doing the RI procedure, and
also what you feel you are willing to do and pay for. We did it for...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour January 9th 09, 03:59 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 42
Posted By James Egan
Is radio iodine procedure for 16 year old cat recommended?

On Wed, 07 Jan 2009 09:32:13 +0000, Phil P. wrote:

I strongly suggest you contact your vet ASAP about your cat's symptoms.

Phil

I've had my cat to the vet who prescribed the transdermal...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour January 6th 09, 03:46 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 42
Posted By James Egan
Is radio iodine procedure for 16 year old cat recommended?

My sister-in-law's cat had hyperthyroidism, and she had the radio iodine
treatment performed, and now her cat is completely healed. I'm
considering the treatment for my cat, but he's 16. I'm...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour December 1st 08, 02:52 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 9
Posted By James Egan
Question about hyperthyroidism treatments

On Sun, 30 Nov 2008 14:23:56 -0800, Buddy's Mom wrote:

Your cat is young. If his kidneys test ok, I would go with the
radioiodine. My cat was 18 when diagnosed and it would have probably
Forum: Cat health & behaviour December 1st 08, 02:52 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 9
Posted By James Egan
Question about hyperthyroidism treatments

On Sun, 30 Nov 2008 20:54:20 +0000, Phil P. wrote:
Hyperthyroidism can mask underlying kidney failure by increasing renal blood
flow. So, before making any decisions, be sure to look at your...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour November 30th 08, 05:59 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 9
Posted By James Egan
Question about hyperthyroidism treatments

My 16 year old cat Chip was loosing weight, so I took him to the vet about
a year ago, and he was diagnosed with hyperthyroidism. Pills and liquids
don't work with Chip, so I've been giving him...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour May 30th 08, 04:07 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 2
Posted By James Egan
Will fish oil help with hairballs?

I've been giving petromalt to my one cat that was vomiting several days a
week. Along with more brushing, the problem has subsided considerably.
I'd like to give them an oil they would like, and I...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour May 17th 08, 03:23 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 4
Posted By James Egan
Petromalt helping with hair balls but...

I've been given my car Petromalt for about 6 weeks, and it definitely has
reduced the frequency of vomiting. Initially she would just lick it up
off a spot on my desk, but she no longer seems...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour December 30th 07, 10:35 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 4
Posted By James Egan
Does my older cat have a nerve disorder?

On Sun, 30 Dec 2007 01:05:44 -0800, IBen Getiner wrote:
Sounds like an attempt at suicide to me. Maybe he thinks to throw
himself over onto what he perceives to be a deadly fall, but then when
Forum: Cat health & behaviour December 28th 07, 10:52 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 4
Posted By James Egan
Does my older cat have a nerve disorder?

My female cat Stormy is almost 17 years old. When she sits next to me on
my desk, she sometimes lurches forward like she's loosing her balance,
then catches herself. I can feel the thumping of her...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour August 27th 07, 03:43 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 5
Posted By James Egan
Best prices on tapazole?

On Mon, 27 Aug 2007 00:31:38 +0000, Paul M. Cook wrote:

I pay 40 bucks for 60 pills at Costco. Seems you have the best price
already.

Paul

I should have mentioned that the $15 per...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour August 26th 07, 11:28 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 5
Posted By James Egan
Best prices on tapazole?

My cat was diagnosed with hyperthyroidism. The only symptom he
has is that he's lost several pounds, and appears somewhat thin.
His appetite is somewhat voracious, but that's not a problem! g
He's...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour July 19th 07, 11:57 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 5
Posted By James Egan
Looking for automatic litterbox recommendations

On Thu, 19 Jul 2007 18:39:59 -0400, cybercat wrote:

Oh, come on! You should have been scooping their boxes at
least once a day anyway.

The litter changed every other day worked well for 15...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour July 19th 07, 11:18 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 5
Posted By James Egan
Looking for automatic litterbox recommendations

I've been googling messages about automatic litter boxes.
The only conclusion I've come to is that the littermaid
does not work very well. Are there any that do work well?
I have to cats, one 15 and...
Showing results 1 to 16 of 16