Showing results 1 to 25 of 242
Search took 0.09 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Helen Wheels
Forum: Cat anecdotes March 5th 20, 04:30 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 2
Posted By Helen Wheels
New kittahs

On 24/02/2020 6:34 AM, cshenk wrote:
Inlike the recent spate of stupid spam,

I adopted Luko (male) and Mona (female), 12 year old twins.

He's quietly deliberate, like a 'landed gentry folk'...
Forum: Cat anecdotes March 5th 20, 04:24 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 3
Posted By Helen Wheels
I Got a Phone Call Last night...

On 1/03/2020 6:59 AM, jmcquown wrote:
On 2/28/2020 10:09 AM, Judith Latham wrote:
In article ,
jmcquown wrote:
A call from a...
Forum: Cat anecdotes March 5th 20, 04:22 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 3
Posted By Helen Wheels
Marina - Frank & Nikki's slave

On 5/03/2020 9:18 PM, Mishi wrote:
On Monday, March 2, 2020 at 11:43:46 AM UTC-5, Mishi wrote:
Just got an update on Marina - she had a multi-organ transplant on Sunday, I believe a pancreas and...
Forum: Cat anecdotes November 17th 19, 03:58 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 3
Posted By Helen Wheels
Catslaves

On 15/11/2019 9:32 PM, jmcquown wrote:
On 11/15/2019 1:16 AM, Yowie wrote:
Way back when, the Yahoo group "catslaves" was born as a place for
some of the off-topic banter amongst RPCA members...
Forum: Cat anecdotes November 17th 19, 03:51 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 10
Posted By Helen Wheels
Weeble :(

On 14/11/2019 4:51 AM, Magic Mood Jeep wrote:
Thank you everyone; He's gone. He got worse overnight and this morning. He is now chasing his rainbow mousie at the bridge. ðŸ˜*

I'm so sorry....
Forum: Cat anecdotes November 12th 19, 02:50 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 10
Posted By Helen Wheels
Weeble :(

On 11/11/2019 8:15 PM, Magic Mood Jeep wrote:
I don't post on here very often, but wanted those of you not on FB to hear this from me:

Weeble is 16. Has his annual cold, but for the first time...
Forum: Cat anecdotes November 10th 19, 01:03 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 6
Posted By Helen Wheels
Sleeping with Buffy

On 4/11/2019 8:50 PM, Judith Latham wrote:
In ,
wrote:
It finally cooled off down here in South Carolina. I turned off the...
Forum: Cat anecdotes November 10th 19, 12:52 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 3
Posted By Helen Wheels
Been away

On 26/10/2019 9:28 PM, jmcquown wrote:
On 10/25/2019 11:20 PM, Helen Wheels wrote:
So I've been away for a few weeks, visiting family in the UK as my
Dad's been very ill. I left here pretty...
Forum: Cat anecdotes October 26th 19, 09:27 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 2
Posted By Helen Wheels
Buffy alerted me

On 5/10/2019 9:44 AM, jmcquown wrote:
A "Peeper". That's what they call the small tree frogs that live around
here. They're tiny but make a huge racket. Buffy alerted me to the fact
that there...
Forum: Cat anecdotes October 26th 19, 04:20 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 3
Posted By Helen Wheels
Been away

So I've been away for a few weeks, visiting family in the UK as my Dad's
been very ill. I left here pretty suddenly, got a phone call at 6:30am,
was lucky to be able to get the cats into a good...
Forum: Cat anecdotes August 28th 19, 04:59 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 5
Posted By Helen Wheels
the latest on Floki

On 27/08/2019 7:17 PM, Judith Latham wrote:
In ,
Helen wrote:
Floki's latest trick is climbing up the kitchen...
Forum: Cat anecdotes August 28th 19, 04:50 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 5
Posted By Helen Wheels
the latest on Floki

On 25/08/2019 11:25 PM, jmcquown wrote:
On 8/25/2019 10:28 AM, Helen Wheels wrote:
Floki's latest trick is climbing up the kitchen cabinets using the
drawer handles as a ladder. He doesn't...
Forum: Cat anecdotes August 28th 19, 04:25 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 4
Posted By Helen Wheels
A display of tinyness

On 27/08/2019 10:03 PM, Dan Mahoney wrote:
A little over a week ago I was informed by Nancy that we need another cat. When I questioned the wisdom of adding another, her reply was "Or we could get...
Forum: Cat anecdotes August 25th 19, 03:28 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 5
Posted By Helen Wheels
the latest on Floki

Floki's latest trick is climbing up the kitchen cabinets using the
drawer handles as a ladder. He doesn't get up on the countertops
thankfully, but he's worked out that he can see what I'm doing if...
Forum: Cat anecdotes August 3rd 19, 02:15 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 5
Posted By Helen Wheels
New York just banned cat declawing. It's the first state to outlawthe procedure

On 23/07/2019 10:45 AM, Auric Hellman wrote:

Wonderful news!!

Forum: Cat anecdotes August 3rd 19, 02:08 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 4
Posted By Helen Wheels
A bit about Trixie

On 24/07/2019 1:53 AM, jmcquown wrote:
On 7/21/2019 2:54 AM, Helen Wheels wrote:
Trixie, my older cat, is slowly getting used to sharing her house with
a younger cat. She was six years old...
Forum: Cat anecdotes August 3rd 19, 01:59 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 4
Posted By Helen Wheels
A bit about Trixie

On 22/07/2019 3:41 AM, Judith Latham wrote:
In ,
Helen wrote:
Trixie, my older cat, is slowly getting used to...
Forum: Cat anecdotes July 21st 19, 04:25 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 3
Posted By Helen Wheels
Fun With Buffy

On 20/07/2019 9:05 AM, jmcquown wrote:
I always know when she wants to play because she starts batting golf
balls around. I sometimes rue the day I ever gave her a golf ball to
play with.

Forum: Cat anecdotes July 21st 19, 07:54 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 4
Posted By Helen Wheels
A bit about Trixie

Trixie, my older cat, is slowly getting used to sharing her house with a
younger cat. She was six years old when I adopted her from the local
shelter, and she's been with me for two years now. I've...
Forum: Cat anecdotes June 30th 19, 02:24 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 2
Posted By Helen Wheels
Floki is getting very grabby

Floki the kitten's going through a grabby stage now. Whatever I've got
in my hand, he wants it and grabs it with his little paw if he can.

I want the plate, he says. I want the cup. I want the mop,...
Forum: Cat anecdotes June 30th 19, 02:09 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 4
Posted By Helen Wheels
Sudden Improvement in Relationship

That's so nice that they're getting along now. Better late than never.

On 25/06/2019 7:34 PM, Cheryl wrote:
I have mentioned before about the trials and tribulations of introducing
Kerry to the...
Forum: Cat anecdotes June 30th 19, 02:00 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 5
Posted By Helen Wheels
Black water animal?

It looks like a nice spot for a walk. Do you have water rats where you
are? I wonder whether the critters could have been something like that.

On 30/06/2019 12:21 AM, Bill Stock wrote:
Sorry,...
Forum: Cat anecdotes June 30th 19, 01:39 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 5
Posted By Helen Wheels
Lynxie and Annie

I remember Lynxie! He's still a handsome fellow, and Annie is gorgeous too.

On 26/06/2019 11:59 PM, wrote:
When I got Lynxie in 2002, this newsgroup was a source of support...
Forum: Cat anecdotes June 16th 19, 02:30 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 3
Posted By Helen Wheels
Buffy and the Steps (pics)

On 15/06/2019 4:29 AM, jmcquown wrote:
I did a little something unusual today. I have some carpeted pet steps
in the window in the corner of my dining room. Buffy likes to sit and
look out that...
Forum: Cat anecdotes June 16th 19, 01:17 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 16
Posted By Helen Wheels
Forgot to post about Buffy's Anniversary

On 16/06/2019 4:00 PM, Helen Wheels wrote:
On 8/06/2019 2:00 PM, jmcquown wrote:
On 6/8/2019 1:22 AM, Helen Wheels wrote:
On 7/06/2019 7:08 AM, jmcquown wrote:
On June 2, 2015, I...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 242