Showing results 1 to 25 of 33
Search took 0.07 seconds.
Forum: Cat health & behaviour June 4th 09, 02:29 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 6
Posted By [email protected]
do you have a good cat story?

If you can help us make scientific concepts clear by sharing a story
of your cat, we'd be happy to send you a copy of our book.
Thanks again,
Suzanne

I would be happy to share my story. Our...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour June 3rd 09, 05:15 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 46
Posted By [email protected]
11 Year Old Cat Listless and Losing Weight w/ Bad Coat andgetting Boney

I can see that you are trying to give your cats the best of care, and I
would like to make still another suggestion. *That is, please discontinue
the dry kibble and move instead to a premium...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour June 3rd 09, 05:08 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 6
Posted By [email protected]
Spaying incision length

On Jun 2, 8:58*pm, "Granby" wrote:
I would call the vet and ask why the difference. *You may want to go
elsewhere or, maybe there is a really good reason. *If you don't like...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour May 28th 09, 07:43 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 9
Posted By [email protected]
Intact Tom question

On May 28, 10:08*am, dragon wrote:
We've been looking after a stray since last fall who is at least two
years old. *He's intact and I'm wondering what the chances are...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour May 28th 09, 02:14 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 9
Posted By [email protected]
ANTS! Yuck!

http://www.terro.com/

It's non-toxic to kitties and works fast. *I used to have ants all
summer. *I put these down at the first sign of ants and they're gone
within two days.

Terro is...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour May 19th 09, 03:49 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 17
Posted By [email protected]
cat threw up, refused to eat - UPDATE

Nadia,

I want to applaud you for reacting so promptly and taking your cat to
the vet. So many times, even a small change in a cat's behavior can
signal something is wrong. You did the right thing by...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour May 19th 09, 03:47 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 5
Posted By [email protected]
Is Christmas Cactus poisonous?

I generally use the CFA list of poisonous plants: http://www.cfa.org/articles/plants.html

Unfortunately, Christmas cactus is neither on the poisonous or non-
toxic list. I'd just keep an eye on her...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour May 11th 09, 08:43 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 8
Posted By [email protected]
How Often Do You....QUESTON

On May 9, 7:56*pm, (Gloria) wrote:
Furminator.......what's that? Don't believe I heard of that.

It's a brand-name of a brush that removes the pet's undercoat. It
works very...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour May 8th 09, 09:36 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 12
Posted By [email protected]
{{ HAIRBALLS }}

On May 8, 9:57*am, (Gloria) wrote:
Do your cats have many? Do you feed them special hairball med or use
some cat food that is suppose to help? The hairball meds......I've...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour May 8th 09, 08:18 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 8
Posted By [email protected]
How Often Do You....

On May 8, 9:58*am, (Gloria) wrote:
brush your cats?

Each gets a good brushing once per week with the Furminator.
Forum: Cat health & behaviour April 30th 09, 02:14 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 9
Posted By [email protected]
biting kitten

This advice is perfect, but doesn't work for all kittens unfortunately. *I
had one who just had to bite, so I made him a biting mitt which was just an
old t-shirt rolled up tightly. *We had to...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour April 22nd 09, 08:54 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 47
Posted By [email protected]
Cat has CRF

----
Ask your vet to phone in a prescription to BCP Pharmacy in Texas
1-800-481-1729. They have custom-formulated the phosphorus binder
(aluminum hydroxide) into capsules. I was told (by my...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour April 22nd 09, 05:42 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 63
Posted By [email protected]
When do you "call it a day"?

Thanks, "rschweitzer" for this. * Bought another month's supply of drugs
yesterday for 30 US dollars, plus a further stack of tins of tuna and
pots of natural yoghurt to embed his medication,...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour April 22nd 09, 02:05 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 9
Posted By [email protected]
Cat food brands--Science Diet = cat equivalent of rich folkbuying their people food at Whole Foods and other boutique grocery stores?

On Apr 22, 3:46*am, Ajanta wrote:
So what do you feed your cats? Which brands?

I am not sure if you are replying to me, but I will offer suggestions.
I feed Nature's Variety raw...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour April 21st 09, 05:14 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 63
Posted By [email protected]
When do you "call it a day"?

Eddy,

A suggestion to help with medicine costs: have you checked pricing a
different place? Walmart and Sam's Club generally have cheaper
medications. Ask your vet for a prescription (if he's taking...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour April 17th 09, 04:38 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 10
Posted By [email protected]
Cat eating litter.

I agree with Matthew. No, it is not normal for an adult cat to be
eating litter.Please call your vet today. Clay, especially the
clumping kind, can cause intestinal problems if ingested (as...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour April 10th 09, 02:01 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 3
Posted By [email protected]
Duffy's physical exam (good)

What wonderful news! We bought a cat tree (finally!) when we added our
kitten to the household last fall. It's the best thing we've ever done
for the cats. It's become a play spot, resting spot, and...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour April 1st 09, 09:04 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 19
Posted By [email protected]
Hissing after bringing kitty home from vet

Yes, quite normal. As the other posters said, the cat that went to the
vet smells "different" to the other cats.

You can separate them for a day or so until things settle down. As
Matthew said, you...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour March 23rd 09, 03:12 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 30
Posted By [email protected]
We had to say goodbye to Boo

My condolences. She is free from pain now and someday you will see her
again. . .

Rene
Forum: Cat health & behaviour March 13th 09, 05:08 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 7
Posted By [email protected]
Good News about Meep!

Good news!

Please let us know how the cardio appt. goes. I'm crossing my paws.
Forum: Cat health & behaviour March 11th 09, 01:52 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 5
Posted By [email protected]
Giving a cat a bath

IMO, if he doesn't like water being splashed on him, he will get very
stressed if you try to bath him. I'm not sure a bath would help a fur/
shedding problem anyhow.

You can get him a 'lion cut',...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour March 10th 09, 05:12 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 15
Posted By [email protected]
Meep goes to the Vet on Monday...

So we got a name of a cardiologist, go there before the dental. *Got
Clavamox for any bacterial issues she may have from the teeth that might
be in her hear valves as well. *Big ol bottle of...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour March 10th 09, 02:26 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 14
Posted By [email protected]
Spring Cleaning and Cats

Don't forget about air fresheners of any kind (spray, plug ins, etc.).
These are filled with all sorts of chemicals. One of our cats has
asthma and I have stopped using air fresheners in the house.
Forum: Cat health & behaviour March 9th 09, 08:31 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 7
Posted By [email protected]
Update- Cat Cataracts

They are called OcluVet, and there is little data on the success rate,
especially for cats, since cataracts are so uncommon in cats. Here's the
website:http://www.ocluvet.com/

They aren't...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour March 9th 09, 07:04 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 15
Posted By [email protected]
Meep goes to the Vet on Monday...

Aww, poor girl. A wise idea to have her checked with the cardiologist
before going in for a dental, though.

I can't blame her for being hungry after a vet trip. It's stressful
and stress burns a lot...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 33