Showing results 1 to 13 of 13
Search took 0.01 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Michelle
Forum: Cat health & behaviour August 18th 06, 05:24 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 7
Posted By Michelle
unusual purring--is this a bad thing?

Yes, I think she just missed home, and you too, of course :)

Buddy wrote:
I think she just missed you. They get more lovey the older they get.
Enjoy!

Rona Y. wrote:
My cat, aka Miss...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour August 18th 06, 05:19 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 5
Posted By Michelle
My cat chokes

My Russian Blue did the same when we first got him...sort of like
wheezing spells out of the blue. The vet said it probably wasn't
anything serious but to give him a call if it got worse. It seems...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour August 11th 06, 11:26 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 13
Posted By Michelle
5 Month Olds are still Scared. Boyfriend is now scared too!

Feral kitties definitely present a challenge. I think it's best if
you're totally honest with yourself about whether you are willing to
invest the time in them...this would be a 10-15 year...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour August 11th 06, 05:10 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 13
Posted By Michelle
5 Month Olds are still Scared. Boyfriend is now scared too!

Wow, 13 days? I'm starting to wonder what sort of conditions these
kitties came from. Did you get a history from the shelter?

LM007 via CatKB.com wrote:
I really appreciate the responses I'm...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour August 4th 06, 08:51 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 8
Posted By Michelle
Feeding a starving cat?

Anything is better than nothing, which it seems is what she had before.
If she likes those foods and isn't getting sick off them then it's
probably fine...trying to change brands may upset her...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour August 4th 06, 08:46 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 10
Posted By Michelle
drinking water for cats

Ah lucky you. Our city fathers had the genius idea to build a city in
the middle of a coastal desert (San Diego, California), although I
guess the bay does make a nice harbor for ships of conquest...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour August 4th 06, 03:58 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 2
Posted By Michelle
Wet-food for kittens? (And an intro of my Bengals, since I just can't stop talking about them...)

If it's just the stomach infection giving them the diarrhea then they
should be able to go back on the usual diet of Royal Canin after it
clears up, right? (Does Royal Canin make a wet food? I wish...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour August 4th 06, 03:52 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 13
Posted By Michelle
5 Month Olds are still Scared. Boyfriend is now scared too!

Maybe leave them alone for a while...they need time to get used to
their surroundings and then they can deal with making new friends. It
works best if you let them come to you rather than forcing...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour August 4th 06, 03:50 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 10
Posted By Michelle
drinking water for cats

Not mine. But that must wreak havoc with your water bill! Have you
considered one of those pet fountains? It uses a pump to give
continuous "running" water from a reservoir. There's a pic...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour August 1st 06, 11:48 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 7
Posted By Michelle
Tummy flap?

Our 9 month old kitten isn't fat, and I don't want to cut down on his
food since he's still growing. Look down at him from directly above and
he looks almost skinny. You can still feel his ribs and...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour August 1st 06, 11:43 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 6
Posted By Michelle
new 5 month old brothers are scared

Even kittens that have been pampered their whole lives can be shy when
first coming to a new home. When I got my kitty from the breeder at
4-1/2 months he hid in his litter box for 2 days before...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour August 1st 06, 11:38 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 2
Posted By Michelle
question

Make sure the kittens are getting kitten food. It's a lot higher in fat
and protein which kittens need more of since they are growing fast.
Good brands I've liked are Nutro or Royal Canin but those...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour August 1st 06, 11:35 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 6
Posted By Michelle
Tiger has changed

Also, I wouldn't be surprised if being shaved made him feel more
vulnerable...the belly up position requires a bit of confidence in a
cat :)

I bet he starts doing it again once the weather cools or...
Showing results 1 to 13 of 13