Showing results 1 to 25 of 57
Search took 0.37 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: KenK
Forum: Cat health & behaviour August 14th 11, 06:57 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 11
Posted By KenK
cat toileting outside litter tray

"Thumper" wrote in
:

Recentlly I had to re-home my male cat due to moving. I found a home
for him, but the owner said that he would...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour June 9th 11, 06:57 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 7
Posted By KenK
IAMS vs Whiskas?

Jodi wrote in :

FWIW, I sort of fiddled with the idea of a raw diet for Meep to control
her health issues. She utterly refused to even...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour May 8th 11, 06:51 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 17
Posted By KenK
Cat/human diseases in common?

Gandalf ingold1234(at)yahoo(dot)com (Gandalf) wrote in
:

On 7 May 2011 17:32:18 GMT, KenK wrote:

I've often wondered if my cat can...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour May 7th 11, 06:32 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 17
Posted By KenK
Cat/human diseases in common?

I've often wondered if my cat can get my cold, flu, etc. I try not to cough
or sneeze at her but am sometimes careless. So far, evidently no harm done.
Or what about her lying on my chest and, once...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour March 28th 11, 06:57 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 1
Posted By KenK
Richard Pitcairn's cat/dog food book

If you've read Pitcairn's homemade pet food book:

In his book, Pitcairn barely mantions fiber during his feeding
discussions, once about the poor fiber sources in commercial food (only
'fiber'...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour March 13th 11, 07:05 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 27
Posted By KenK
Cooking for cats with diarrhea

"Bohgosity BumaskiL" wrote in
:

170 mL London Drugs Tuna
2 Eggs
5 mL Wasabi Powder
5 mL Paprika
700 W...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour January 21st 11, 06:21 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 1
Posted By KenK
Diet change revisited

Took Emily back to the vet last Wednesday. Prescribed steroids - says she's
seen that help in such situations. Probably be a week or more before I see
any change. One good thing, she doesn't mind...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour January 15th 11, 05:59 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 21
Posted By KenK
Diet change

I'm thinking of switching my cat from Wellness canned food back to Fancy
Feast after many many months. She doesn't seem to be getting nutrition
from the Wellness, it appears to be going right...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour December 8th 10, 07:02 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 9
Posted By KenK
Hairballs - pumpkin - taste

"Rene S." wrote in news:218c7d5e-86e3-4599-
:

Ken,

How about giving her a small amount of oil per day (like olive...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour December 7th 10, 06:46 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 9
Posted By KenK
Hairballs - pumpkin - taste

"SJ" wrote in
:

Try Benefiber, about 1/4 teaspoon, in a small amount of food. It mixes
in well, has no taste, and works...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour December 7th 10, 06:29 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 9
Posted By KenK
Hairballs - pumpkin - taste

(---MIKE---) wrote in news:11747-4CFD6AE0-1072
@storefull-3173.bay.webtv.net:

You might try planting some oat grass for her to nibble on.

Forum: Cat health & behaviour December 7th 10, 06:28 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 9
Posted By KenK
Hairballs - pumpkin - taste

"Rene S." wrote in
@e16g2000pri.googlegroups.com:

Ken,

IMO I would avoid feeding that much tuna. A tidbit every now
Forum: Cat health & behaviour December 6th 10, 06:01 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 9
Posted By KenK
Hairballs - pumpkin - taste

Since I switched Emily to Wellness canned cat food she has had hairballs
- evidently too little fiber. Every other cat food I've tried gives her
diarrhea. I finaslly discovered that ~ 3 tsp pumpkin...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour December 4th 10, 07:04 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 2
Posted By KenK
Cat food question

Rene wrote in news:23915e0b-5b23-4d49-b3b4-
:

Does this store carry Innova Evo canned or Nature's Variety canned?
Our gang loves...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour November 30th 10, 06:23 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 2
Posted By KenK
Cat food question

Emily, 15, has a diet problem - most foods give her diarrhea, including
all the grocery-store cat food brands and flavors I've tried. She
tolerates Wellness canned well, but is getting tired of the...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour November 6th 10, 07:00 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 5
Posted By KenK
problem with Elizabethan collar and drinking

"Orson Cart" wrote in :

My cat had a large abcess drained, and the vet fitted
the Elizabethan collar to stop him getting at the...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour September 29th 10, 06:40 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 5
Posted By KenK
One less mouse

Emily, the mighty huntress, caught(?) her first mouse (that I know of) at
age 15 yesterday at 3AM. I hope she caught it and didn't find a dead
mouse. Got out of my bed to visit her litter pan and...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour September 14th 10, 06:55 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 2
Posted By KenK
Well, poop! At wits end!

jmc wrote in
:

I'm running out of ideas. Meep's healthy again, or as healthy as she
can be, anyway, for a 14 year old cat. ...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour August 6th 10, 06:45 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 22
Posted By KenK
'Temptations' anti-hairball snacks?

"Bill Graham" wrote in
:

"KenK" wrote in message
Forum: Cat health & behaviour August 5th 10, 06:10 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 22
Posted By KenK
'Temptations' anti-hairball snacks?

"Bill Graham" wrote in
:

"KenK" wrote in message
Forum: Cat health & behaviour August 4th 10, 06:21 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 22
Posted By KenK
'Temptations' anti-hairball snacks?

"cshenk" wrote in
:

As we started, I will try to help but do not use this method in any
deliberate manner. I was given the...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour August 3rd 10, 06:03 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 22
Posted By KenK
'Temptations' anti-hairball snacks?

"cshenk" wrote in
:

That is closer to what I heard here is needed. Far as I know, needs
to be what they call 'winter squash'...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour August 3rd 10, 05:45 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 22
Posted By KenK
'Temptations' anti-hairball snacks?

"cshenk" wrote in
:

Could she be having issues with whatever you use for treats? That
shouldn't cause the wellness to make...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour August 2nd 10, 06:34 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 22
Posted By KenK
'Temptations' anti-hairball snacks?

Rene wrote in
:

On Aug 1, 12:43*pm, KenK wrote:
"cshenk" ...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour August 1st 10, 06:43 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 22
Posted By KenK
'Temptations' anti-hairball snacks?

"cshenk" wrote in
:

This sounds like an allergy. That can develop over time. If your
furball issues developed at the same...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 57