Showing results 1 to 25 of 31
Search took 0.01 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Roby
Forum: Cat health & behaviour May 11th 07, 01:40 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 6
Posted By Roby
Steroids for Kitty Arthritis

Peg Caldwell Ott wrote:

Our wonderful kitty, Alino (pronounced Ah-leen-yo, like the spice) has
been having some problems with arthritis in his right shoulder for
just over a year. On the...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour May 10th 07, 12:59 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 8
Posted By Roby
Contaminated ingredient: not wheat gluten or RPC

wrote:

Roby wrote:

avma.org posted this yesterday:

"SCHAUMBURG, Ill. ? The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has
determined...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour May 9th 07, 10:13 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 8
Posted By Roby
Contaminated ingredient: not wheat gluten or RPC

avma.org posted this yesterday:

"SCHAUMBURG, Ill. ? The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has determined
that the contaminated wheat gluten and rice protein concentrate imported
from...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour May 4th 07, 12:56 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 2
Posted By Roby
Vet Visit

wrote:

On 3 May, 11:34, wrote:
Hi, i have a 3 year old ginger male cat that is at the vet at the
moment, he has had a blocked bladder. They...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour April 28th 07, 12:53 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 3
Posted By Roby
Blue Buffalo expands recall

Sherry wrote:

On Apr 27, 6:52 am, Lynne wrote:
http://www.itchmo.com/read/blue-buffalo-recalls-all-canned-dog-and-cat-
food-as-well-as-treats_20070427

"We...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour April 23rd 07, 01:10 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 10
Posted By Roby
Urinalysis for melamine or its derivatives

cindys wrote:

As I posted in another thread, I will be starting Alex on subcu fluids
tomorrow and made an appointment to meet with the veterinary tech. As
planned, I decided to phone the vet...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour April 21st 07, 01:28 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 16
Posted By Roby
My solution to contaminated foods

Meghan Noecker wrote:

On 20 Apr 2007 20:00:41 -0700, imloafin
wrote:

"But one has corn gluten and now read that it
could be contaminated and in US pet...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour December 4th 06, 10:22 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 23
Posted By Roby
See you later, Pooka!

CatNipped wrote:

However, I am not adverse to adopting an older cat - say 9 or 10 - and
there's the added benefit of giving a home to a cat that would probably be
PTS otherwise since it seems...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour December 3rd 06, 09:25 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 3
Posted By Roby
stroke in cat - drinking water

barb wrote:

Hi, I have a 12 year old female cat who recently had what we think was
a minor storke. Over the past 3 weeks she has gained her ability to eat
but appears not to have regained her...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour December 3rd 06, 07:54 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 23
Posted By Roby
See you later, Pooka!

Just got home from a visit to a very small shelter across
town. They had about a dozen cats and ten dogs. Today
was bring-yer-pet-to-get-a-picture-with-Santa day. Fun
to watch the owners try to...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour December 3rd 06, 02:58 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 23
Posted By Roby
See you later, Pooka!

cybercat wrote:

Let us know when your heart is ready to take in another cat. So many need
a good owner like you.

Yesterday I visited a no-kill shelter. Their cat capacity is 100.
Right now,...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour December 3rd 06, 12:48 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 23
Posted By Roby
See you later, Pooka!

Eva Quesnell wrote:

I'm sorry you had to lose him, but take heart and joy from having him with
you all those years. Remember the good times.

Thanks, Eva! He was the same age as your Chick. ...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour December 2nd 06, 01:07 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 23
Posted By Roby
See you later, Pooka!

Thank you all!
Forum: Cat health & behaviour December 1st 06, 10:11 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 23
Posted By Roby
See you later, Pooka!

In 1994, I adopted a 4-month old brown tabby kitten. I named
him Pooka, taken from "Puccha" - the Sanskrit word for cat, so
says my Purina cat book. I fell in love with Pooka the moment
I first...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour November 26th 06, 12:29 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 0
Posted By Roby
Behavior under megestrol/Ovaban

My cat has been taking megestrol acetate (Ovaban) for about
a month - palliative treatment for terminal cancer. The
oncologist said it would help appetite and "make him feel
good". Appetite is...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour November 17th 06, 12:31 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 9
Posted By Roby
Adopting another cat

T wrote:

Of course if we adopt another cat it'll be the traditional way. Surfing
petfinder.com is one thing, but going and meeting the cats is the best
way. Friendly cats are the ones trying...
Forum: Cat anecdotes November 14th 06, 01:52 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav,rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 36
Posted By Roby
Question on cooked chicken diet for cats with allergic skin conditions

You need to provide the taurine that Perdue leaves out. (Gosh, I'm
glad they leave it out!)

I tried liquid DermCaps on my granuloma kitty. He refused to eat food
having the oil mixed in and gave...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour November 14th 06, 01:52 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav,rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 35
Posted By Roby
Question on cooked chicken diet for cats with allergic skin conditions

You need to provide the taurine that Perdue leaves out. (Gosh, I'm
glad they leave it out!)

I tried liquid DermCaps on my granuloma kitty. He refused to eat food
having the oil mixed in and gave...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour November 11th 06, 03:29 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 13
Posted By Roby
New Vet

T wrote:

(snip)
We'll see how they do when we have a health emergency, but for now I feel
really good about the change. The initial visit, plus the exam and
bloodwork cost a grand total of...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour November 10th 06, 01:43 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 13
Posted By Roby
New Vet

cybercat wrote:

I just changed vets, because the last time I was at the vet, I just felt
really uncomfortable.

I just switched (again) also. The cats-only clinic we were visiting
had become a...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour November 8th 06, 04:55 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 14
Posted By Roby
my 18 year old cat is defacting indoors for the 1st time

Dear Sheelagh,

Snagglepuss showed exactly the same symptoms at about age 12. The
vet kept him overnight; called the next morning to get my permission
for surgery. I agreed. He found tumors on...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour November 8th 06, 12:36 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 6
Posted By Roby
canned tuna bad for cats?

kitkat via CatKB.com wrote:

I've read conflicting evidence that canned tuna is bad for cats as it
encourages problems in the urinary tract.

I told the vet that I give my cat a tuna treat...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour November 7th 06, 02:07 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 8
Posted By Roby
FYI: Vet bills

Richard Evans wrote:

Roby wrote:

It was easy to discover how these errors had happened. Data
entry is one line-item (service or inventory item) at a time:
the...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour November 6th 06, 07:40 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 8
Posted By Roby
FYI: Vet bills

I provide data and hardware maintenance on a computer network
at a vet clinic. There have been no software upgrades since
1998, so the staff should be completely familiar with their
invoicing...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour November 6th 06, 02:40 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 4
Posted By Roby
Crazy cat

Paul wrote:

Hello everyone.
My sister has a 16 week old female kitten who is attacking the children.
I've told her to have her spayed, but will that make a big difference?
Are there any...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 31