Showing results 1 to 25 of 38
Search took 0.02 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Riannon via CatKB.com
Forum: Cat health & behaviour October 6th 08, 07:56 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 5
Pica?: What should I ask the vet about?

Although I don't know about chewing plastic, I know that some cats will eat
litter and or sand when they are anemic. One of my cats used to like to chew
on plastic things when she was younger but...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour October 5th 08, 07:54 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 2
Muscle atrophy in hind legs?

You can buy the ones made for pets which makes it a lot easier. Your's might
have too much vitamin A in it for a cat which would not be safe as it is a
non-water soluable vitamin. For pets, there...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour August 23rd 08, 06:27 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 7
Cat litter spreading

Janet wrote:
I'm wondering what others do to prevent cat litter scattering on the floor
around the box? Miss Kitty has a covered box, which she always uses,
although she occasionally pees right...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour August 21st 08, 03:29 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 5
Ping Phil P - Omega 3 supplements

Phil P. wrote:
Sound ok. But you have to give your cat the whole 1000 mg gelcap for her to
actually get the whole dose. If you're putting it her food, she has to eat
[quoted text clipped -...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour August 18th 08, 02:17 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 4
Household addition

alanr wrote:
When we bring her here should I dispose of our meowzer's litter box and
purchase two new ones? Should they both be in the same location or
separate? If separate should this be...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour August 15th 08, 06:37 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Phil P. wrote:
Sound ok. But you have to give your cat the whole 1000 mg gelcap for her to
actually get the whole dose. If you're putting it her food, she has to eat
it all. You could use an 18...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour August 14th 08, 08:46 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 12
question about antibiotic (Enrofloxacin-Baytril) dosage

Nadia N. wrote:
I asked the vet if I could give him some milk (if it won't interfere
with the medication), and he said it was ok. So I bought some cat milk,
as well as some Whiskas turkey pate -...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour August 14th 08, 03:10 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 9
Calcium Oxalate stones - Hill's CD Multicare or KD food?

Jo - the girl wrote:
Any thoughts on this?

I'm a little hesitant to switch brands for two reasons:
1) I've used Hill's prescription foods in the past and they seemed to
have worked very well....
Forum: Cat health & behaviour August 14th 08, 02:29 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 12
question about antibiotic (Enrofloxacin-Baytril) dosage

Nadia N. wrote:
the pain, Tolfedine for inflammation and Enrofloxacin (Baytril).
I have been looking up information about these drugs since we got home,
and I now have some doubts about the...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour August 13th 08, 08:03 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 6
sprained paw

And NO, I can't get her to the vet. They don't consider a sprained paw
to be an emergency. She is eating and is now going to the litter. I'm

So, the receptionist has diagnosed it as a sprained paw...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour August 13th 08, 04:12 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 9
Calcium Oxalate stones - Hill's CD Multicare or KD food?

Jo - the girl wrote:
Does anyone have any thoughts on which would be better? Looking at the
C/D Multicare the ph concerns me and I don't know if it should. The
target urine ph of the XD was 6.6 -...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour June 20th 08, 08:49 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 13
please poop IN the litter box!

Eleni wrote:
We have 5 litter boxes. none of the boxes have covers.
3 boxes use store bought litter. one box has a high rim, the other two
have low sides.
1 is self cleaning --"scoop free"-...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour June 20th 08, 08:31 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 46
Uh oh! I think I'm in love again!

cindys wrote:
How about this excuse: "Too affectionate."
Best regards,

Yikes, you win for "most absurd excuse ever heard".

Riannon

--
Forum: Cat health & behaviour June 20th 08, 02:47 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 46

Phil P. wrote:
Makes you sick, doesn't it? I have to bite my tongue at returns- I try not
to be there because, well, you know my tolerance for assholes.

Wanna hear one I overheard when I was at...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour June 19th 08, 06:45 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 127
Tom Cat won’t breed with in-season queen!??

dontcountstars wrote:
I recently got a Queen to breed with my 3 year old tom cat. He is an
exceptional little guy in great health and I have guarenteed homes for
up to 7 kittens (just so you know...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour June 16th 08, 08:50 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 36
Do you know this cat? Reward

Phil P. wrote:
http://maxshouse.com/urgent_matters/Julie_reward.htm

When it comes to some humans and the way they treat animals nothing surprises
me anymore but it always saddens me tremendously. ...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour June 16th 08, 08:05 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 12
Male cat getty frisky?

MsBuscandy wrote:
I have a neutered male Himalayan about 11 years old. I adopted him a couple
of years ago and he is a sweetheart of a cat! Never complains, never acts
out. Recently he has been...
Forum: Cats - misc June 12th 08, 08:44 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.misc
Replies: 1
food for kidney disease cat?

bob wrote:
Any extra appetizing food that might entice a cat with signs of
deteriorating kidneys & losing some of his appetite?

LOTS of excellent, extensive info here, including how to entice...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour June 7th 08, 07:53 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 0
Acevet for vet visit?

My vet has recommended Acevet or valium be given before an appointment for
one of my cats who becomes hysterical whenever he is at clinic. I tried to
get blood drawn recently and he screamed (yes,...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour June 7th 08, 07:40 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 1
cat spraying on the food dish ?

UsedtobeRumouredToBe wrote:
We feed several feral cats, almost all of which have been spay/
neutered. We have been unable to corral one of the cats, and he is
spraying around outside our house a...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour June 7th 08, 07:34 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 7
ways of getting 3 yr old adult cat in carirer

Gregg wrote:
This moring was a chase though my one floor home with some rooms
blocked off, the cat was finally rounded up and put in the cat carier,
but it was hard to do the first time. Any ideas...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour June 7th 08, 07:29 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 10
Is fat good for bad kidneys?

jjg wrote:
My 14 yo tomcat has a problem. He has been diagnosed by the vet, and he (the
vet) recommends less protein. And of course, our cat, being a real cat,
does not like potatoes, or...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour May 30th 08, 04:01 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 3
Kittens with sneezies

mskitty834 wrote:
I'm fostering 4 kittens with URIs, and they're totally isolated from
my other cats - but when I go in to feed/socialize, they sneeze all
over me. Do I HAVE to change clothes &...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour May 30th 08, 03:56 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 3
Kittens with sneezies

mskitty834 wrote:
I'm fostering 4 kittens with URIs, and they're totally isolated from
my other cats - but when I go in to feed/socialize, they sneeze all
over me. Do I HAVE to change clothes &...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour May 30th 08, 03:45 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 6
Tommy update: some good, some bad

Mac Cool wrote:
dramatic improvement. I've been making making my own concoctions out of
ground dry cat food, vitamins, corn syrup and a few drops of olive oil. I
cut out the olive oil because it...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 38