Showing results 1 to 25 of 29
Search took 0.28 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Tara Legale
Forum: Cat health & behaviour November 13th 07, 12:31 AM Posted to alt.cats,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 62
Posted By Tara Legale
Vets need to be consulted

I just don't see the harm is asking a question. I know when I have asked
questions I am not looking for diehard vet advise, I am simply looking for
opinions, and even more so, reaching out to...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour November 4th 07, 01:21 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 14
Posted By Tara Legale
how can you tell a cat has a fever?

And besides, I wrote Usenet at night when no vets would be open. And no.
Vets will not answer questions over the phone. I called my vet the next
morning and they said to keep an eye on her and...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour November 2nd 07, 03:49 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 14
Posted By Tara Legale
how can you tell a cat has a fever?

Right now I am watching her, as I am not THAT concerns since she is eating,
drinking, etc.
Your obvious sarcasm is of no use to me. Perhaps with a normal answer I
could take
her temp and see... ...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour November 2nd 07, 01:36 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 14
Posted By Tara Legale
how can you tell a cat has a fever?

Anyone know what a normal rectal temperature for a cat would be?

"Meghan Noecker" wrote in message
I have been...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour November 2nd 07, 12:21 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 14
Posted By Tara Legale
how can you tell a cat has a fever?

Can you tell by there ears being very warm? Or how else? I have this
sense that my cat is feeling a little under the weather. She seems more
tired than usual, not as perky looking.... cat...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour October 20th 07, 10:30 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 12
Posted By Tara Legale
HELP - Cat just home from having dental procedure

I could see plaque on her back teeth. I had no idea she had an absessed
tooth until they took an x-ray. She showed no signs of pain or trouble
eating. I can't believe her teeth now.... I wish...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour October 20th 07, 10:29 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 12
Posted By Tara Legale
HELP - Cat just home from having dental procedure

Then I do apologize. It sounded like it was too far out there to be a true
procedure. Doesn't sound like something I'd want done to my pet.

"SantaSteeler" wrote in message...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour October 20th 07, 05:46 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 12
Posted By Tara Legale
HELP - Cat just home from having dental procedure

"cybercat" wrote in message
That seals it, I am never having my cats in for dentals.

Well then, you are as dumb as I was. My cat is 9 years...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour October 20th 07, 04:19 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 12
Posted By Tara Legale
HELP - Cat just home from having dental procedure

I'm not sure whether to call you a creepor a jerk.

"SantaSteeler" wrote in message
many vets do not use the trach tube...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour October 20th 07, 03:22 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 12
Posted By Tara Legale
HELP - Cat just home from having dental procedure

but what about the congested breathing? the vet said something about it
being from the trach tube, etc. but I didn't think to ask how long it would
last... she seems really uncomfortable about...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour October 20th 07, 02:33 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 12
Posted By Tara Legale
HELP - Cat just home from having dental procedure

Just brought my cat home after dental cleaning and having an absessed tooth
pulled. The vet said her breathing would sound congested from her having a
tube down her throat. Indeed her breathing...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour October 14th 07, 05:46 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 0
Posted By Tara Legale
my cats blood chemistry

I need to have dental work done on my cat (9 years old). I had them do the
pre-blood chemisty to check for problems. Her creatinine is a little high
at 2.2 (high end max 1.6 and is related to her...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour June 9th 07, 02:03 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 2
Posted By Tara Legale
follow-up to teeth cleaning topic

"reeper" wrote
try to post back after you sort it out?

I hadn't realized how intense a cleaning must be.

why don't you get her toenails painted

Why don't you post...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour June 8th 07, 02:47 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 2
Posted By Tara Legale
follow-up to teeth cleaning topic

I had posted my concerns about my cat getting its teeth cleaned because of
other pets dying during it. We discussed what questions should be asked,
precautions to be taken, pre-tests, types of...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour May 23rd 07, 12:24 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 20
Posted By Tara Legale
Afraid to have my cats teeth cleaned

I am so afraid to have my cats teeth cleaned. I'm petrified of losing her
during the sedation. She is going on nine, means the world to me, I'd be
devastated if I took her in and she died. I've...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour April 15th 07, 06:57 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 14
Posted By Tara Legale
Liver

Hasn't all these food recalls been tied to liver problems and liver failure?
Forum: Cat health & behaviour April 15th 07, 12:39 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 28
Posted By Tara Legale
Thanks (was R.I.P. Peewee (1991-2007))

"bookie" wrote
i could never keep a cat purely indoors only, to me it would be just
cruel

To each their own I guess. My cats have always been indoors. However, I...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour March 3rd 07, 02:18 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 25
Posted By Tara Legale
My cats and Tuna

"Cheryl" wrote
I'm sure he means tuna *packed in* juice packets.

I'm not sure. I mean, I know you can buy cans of clam juice. That is why
I had to ask.
Forum: Cat health & behaviour March 2nd 07, 07:26 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 25
Posted By Tara Legale
My cats and Tuna

"Matthew" wrote
I feed it to them as a treat. I get tuna juice packets from the store and
they love it

You can buy just tuna juice? Where do you live? I'm...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour March 2nd 07, 07:26 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 25
Posted By Tara Legale
My cats and Tuna

Are you talking cat food tuna or people tuna? I have a few cats who will
only eat cat food tuna products, tuna and cheese is their favorite. When I
make myself tuna I always drain the tuna water...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour February 25th 07, 07:10 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 59
Posted By Tara Legale
How long do cats be silly

The longer they stay with Barry, the sillier they will become. LOL
Forum: Cat health & behaviour February 12th 07, 03:42 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 34
Posted By Tara Legale
Help..my cat is freaking out and it's scaring the heck out of me!

"Rhonda" wrote
Tara, post again once you've lived with a blind cat.

I wasn't making any statements against blind cats. If you look at my first
post it was an innocent...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour February 12th 07, 03:38 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 34
Posted By Tara Legale
Help..my cat is freaking out and it's scaring the heck out of me!

"Rhonda" wrote
Tara, post again once you've lived with a blind cat.

I'll post again whenever I feel like it. I see nothing wrong with what I
wrote.
Forum: Cat health & behaviour February 12th 07, 02:02 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 7
Posted By Tara Legale
Horrid thing happend, I am in shock

"cybercat" wrote
Are you taking yours in?

Yep, I'm calling them tomorrow. However, I live in a small town with two
vets. I've heard good and bad about each. I wish I...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour February 11th 07, 11:33 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 7
Posted By Tara Legale
Horrid thing happend, I am in shock

Bring your cat to the vet tomorrow.