Showing results 1 to 23 of 23
Search took 0.02 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Peg Caldwell-Ott
Forum: Cat health & behaviour September 11th 10, 02:46 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 17
Posted By Peg Caldwell-Ott
Arthritis in Cats

Our Alino was on Cosequin for his arthritis for the last 5 years of
his life--he lived to be 19 years old. The Cosequin was easy to
administer in his food (split the capsule and pour--as in the...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour April 27th 10, 10:48 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 10
Posted By Peg Caldwell-Ott
ASPCA Insurance Question

Many thanks to Mike--and ALL of you--who responded to my query. We
cancelled the ASPCA policy today, and will now do as advised by you
and open a special savings account in the kitties name, in...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour April 27th 10, 01:07 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 10
Posted By Peg Caldwell-Ott
ASPCA Insurance Question

Derek and I thought we were being very clever to take out a health
insurance policy on Pemberton and Ebenezer, especially now with a
kitten in the family (Ebenezer). ASPCA seemed to be the way to...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour April 10th 10, 12:13 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 8
Posted By Peg Caldwell-Ott
Ebenezer Neutering Question

I think Ebenezer's surgical procedure was "traditional"--not
sure--they made two small insicions, removed the testes and tied off
the vessels. The scrotum is still in tact, although shaved at...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour April 1st 10, 03:45 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 8
Posted By Peg Caldwell-Ott
Ebenezer Neutering Question

We lost our beloved kitty, Alino, to pneumonia on December 17, 2009.
He was 19.5 years old, and just a little dear, although his various
other medical problems, especially his colon troubles, may...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour May 12th 09, 11:23 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 3
Posted By Peg Caldwell-Ott
How long have most of your cats....

On Tue, 5 May 2009 13:29:42 -0700 (PDT), LauraM
wrote:

On Apr 30, 12:31*pm, (Gloria) wrote:
lived? How many years?

We have only had three cats. Two...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour May 12th 09, 11:17 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 2
Posted By Peg Caldwell-Ott
Ping Phil P - question about aspirin

Our Alino--almost 19 yoa and also much lighter in weight these
dyas--gets a single St. Joseph's children's aspirin every fourth day,
and has done so for almost 3 years now. It definitely makes...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour May 12th 09, 11:11 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 10
Posted By Peg Caldwell-Ott
When your cat dies will you....

When Amaretto died, we had him cremated. Like many who have responded
here, we were nervous that he would be co-mingled with other animals,
so we arranged with our vet for a private cremation. A bit...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour February 28th 09, 02:33 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 3
Posted By Peg Caldwell-Ott
Enjoy

Too cute--what a sweet piece of film!!

Bestest,

Peg
Forum: Cat health & behaviour February 28th 09, 02:29 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 6
Posted By Peg Caldwell-Ott
Why do cats hate riding in a car but dogs love it?

Amaretto (may he rest in peace) adored the car! He would settle
himself (usually on the back seat ledge) to stretch out and sun
himself. Alino, his half brother--who is still alive and doing...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour January 30th 09, 10:44 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 26
Posted By Peg Caldwell-Ott
Cutest Cat Name?

On Fri, 30 Jan 2009 09:37:46 -0600, Curmudgeon wrote:

In article
,
LauraM wrote:

I...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour January 28th 09, 09:28 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 8
Posted By Peg Caldwell-Ott
Hobbes Doing Well

Hi Laura,

So good to hear that Hobbes is still on the mend! Yes, Lactulose
works, and works very well, and we highly recommend using it. Alino
also does not necessarily go every single day, but he...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour January 27th 09, 01:03 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 8
Posted By Peg Caldwell-Ott
Hobbes Doing Well

I've been away for some time, and am just catching up with this group.
Your messages about Hobbes were very siimilar to what we have gone
through with our Alino--an 18.5 year old Blue Point Siamese. ...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour August 30th 08, 03:48 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 4
Posted By Peg Caldwell-Ott
Leaky Eye on my Birman

Our Alino (18 year old neutered male blue point Siamese) has the same
problem. The discharge is clear. The vet said that it was most
likely a blocked tear duct. They can clear this in a younger...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour July 30th 08, 01:16 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 2
Posted By Peg Caldwell-Ott
Pawing Dry Food on to the Floor

Alino is our 18 year old (as of June 23) Blue Point Siamese, and just
the most sweet and dear little guy that anyone could hope to have. He
has always been a BIG eater, very fond of his food, but...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour April 24th 08, 11:45 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 6
Posted By Peg Caldwell-Ott
Our Housekeeper Kitty

Many thanks for the suggestion--that could well be the explanation!!
She has been particularly active with her "kittens" today, moving a
total of 6 blankets from the kitty day bed to 2 different...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour April 23rd 08, 02:16 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 6
Posted By Peg Caldwell-Ott
Our Housekeeper Kitty

Pemberton is a Short Haired American Tabby, who will be 2 years old in
mid August. She was adopted from the North Shore Animal League here
in NYC on April 7 just a year ago. She is a neutered...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour February 17th 08, 04:20 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 2
Posted By Peg Caldwell-Ott
Blender Fancy Feast for Older Cat

Alino (pronounced Aleen-yo) is now almost 17 years old and very
precious to us. We (including Alino) lost his older brother,
Amaretto) to Diabetes and Kidney problems just a year ago. He is a
blue...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour October 18th 07, 10:01 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 24
Posted By Peg Caldwell-Ott
Buddy is dying - my old warrior has fought his last battle

My sincere condolences, Paul--to you and your family, feline and
human. We lost our alpha male Amaretto in April, and it still hurt,
but it is good to know that Buddy is an angel on your...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour September 28th 07, 01:36 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 34
Posted By Peg Caldwell-Ott
Typical "Shelter" Kitty?

Interesting that Pemberton did the "attack the toilet paper" thing
with us too, but has since tired of the game--thank goodness!!. She
also seems to know which toys are hers and which toys are...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour September 27th 07, 09:20 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 34
Posted By Peg Caldwell-Ott
Typical "Shelter" Kitty?

Following the death of our beloved Amaretto from diabetes (he had the
disease for 11 years, and tolerated all of our ministrations and those
of the vet exceptionally well) and kidney failure, we...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour September 13th 07, 01:10 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 7
Posted By Peg Caldwell-Ott
In honor of my mother - a final goodbye

A touching final moment shared with dearest loved ones!! Your mother
is now an angel on your shoulder, Mary!!! All the very best to you at
this difficult time.

PegNDerekNAlinoNPemberton

On Wed, 12...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour August 18th 07, 08:11 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 10
Posted By Peg Caldwell-Ott
aspirin for cat?

Our Alino is also on one St. Joseph's "Baby" Aspirin (81 mg) once
every three days on the advise of our vet. It REALLY helps with his
arthritis, along with the Cosequin Powder that we sprinkle (from...
Showing results 1 to 23 of 23