Showing results 1 to 18 of 18
Search took 0.00 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Veloise
Forum: Cats - misc November 17th 08, 05:44 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.misc
Replies: 4
Posted By Veloise
how encourage cats onto cat-bed ?

Try adding an electric lamp timer to the mix. Fire up their bed about
an hour before you turn in. Place them on it once it's nice and
toasty.

I used mine in the opposite way: have a geriatric kitty,...
Forum: Cats - misc August 1st 07, 02:25 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.misc
Replies: 7
Posted By Veloise
ring tones for cat lovers?

From the faux commercial on "A Prairie Home Companion":

"Oh, if you've got a cat, or got two or three
You know that cats are creatures just like you and me
And have needs, as we do, and if they...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour June 8th 07, 01:07 AM Posted to alt.cats,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 24
Posted By Veloise
Can you save by buying Advantage flea control for dogs and using smaller dosage for cats?

Cindy wrote:
The cat was caught, but as soon as I opened the tube, she caught a whiff of
it and went bonkers. She bit my husband (who was holding her) and ran out of
the room. (This is the...
Forum: Cats - misc May 8th 07, 02:32 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.misc
Replies: 1
Posted By Veloise
My kitty will beg for anything!

Pippy's captor wrote:

My cat Pippy literally will beg for anything - treats, human food
(cheese, butter, miracle whip...etc), socks.. and the list goes on and
on.
Check out the begging...
Forum: Cats - misc April 22nd 07, 02:47 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.misc
Replies: 6
Posted By Veloise
likes 'toy' way too much?

Tom wrote:
The problem is that for the last two or three weeks, the cat is
pathetically active in asking to play with it, much more than before.
I do try to take it out and play with her...
Forum: Cats - misc April 21st 07, 05:43 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.misc
Replies: 7
Posted By Veloise
Question: Curing cat-human worm infestation

Jeffrey wrote:

You can get a cardboard cat carrier from Petco for about $5.

Or use a cardboard box with some holes cut in it. Cats have an innate
fear of being in closed-up bags, but boxes...
Forum: Cats - misc April 16th 07, 06:43 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.misc
Replies: 3
Posted By Veloise
Cats Are Very Shy Toileters

Joey wrote:
Still, he's a good guy. All around. When he crawls up between my arm and my
chest in bed and rests his little chin on my bare shoulder and drops off to
sleep, nose whistling...
Forum: Cats - misc March 7th 07, 04:30 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.misc
Replies: 7
Posted By Veloise
Cat Introductions

cabriog...wrote:
Thanks everyone for the suggestions. So far, the cats have been in
the house for 2 days and no major scream fests.

There's only one small issue we're stuck on. One of his...
Forum: Cats - misc March 2nd 07, 04:39 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.misc
Replies: 7
Posted By Veloise
Cat Introductions

CG wrote:
... My house is fairly big, and has enough
rooms for the cats to have their independence though my cat is used to
being king of the roost right now. :) We are planning on putting...
Forum: Cats - misc February 14th 07, 09:08 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.misc
Replies: 0
Posted By Veloise
High water bill (not off-topic)

Jennifer and Luke kept getting huge water bills. They knew beyond a
doubt that the bills weren't representative of their actual usage, and
no matter how they tried to conserve, the high bills...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour February 10th 07, 03:17 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav,rec.pets.cats.misc
Replies: 12
Posted By Veloise
cat's obsession with toy

Maxine wrote:
Hi. My cat LOVES his feather toy, to the exclusion of almost everything
else. Every time someone in the house stands up, he runs to the closet
where the toy is kept and starte...
Forum: Cats - misc February 10th 07, 03:17 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav,rec.pets.cats.misc
Replies: 8
Posted By Veloise
cat's obsession with toy

Maxine wrote:
Hi. My cat LOVES his feather toy, to the exclusion of almost everything
else. Every time someone in the house stands up, he runs to the closet
where the toy is kept and starte...
Forum: Cats - misc January 27th 07, 11:34 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.misc
Replies: 19
Posted By Veloise
Daisy's Complicated Allergy/Meds Problem

sdavies6 wrote:
Squirting a liquid into her mouth would be fine, if I could catch her. She
instinctively knows when I'm up to something, and she won't go near me. For
a week after her...
Forum: Cats - misc December 3rd 06, 11:31 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.misc
Replies: 4
Posted By Veloise
Objective opinions needed . . . cats as pets

My sibs and I were much older than your cherubs when we became cat
people. Our kitties were gentle and affectionate; loved to play, sleep
in beds with us, be dressed up in doll clothes...

You might...
Forum: Cats - misc November 19th 06, 02:36 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.misc
Replies: 8
Posted By Veloise
Help

Lesley wrote:
Guess who ended up on eBay finding the only UK address selling the
right posts and hitting the "Buy it now" button to get 4 posts which
with postage were almost 25.00!

Next...
Forum: Cats - misc October 27th 06, 10:36 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.misc
Replies: 7
Posted By Veloise
Getting A New Cat

Gizmo wrote:
I do know that I want to get another cat.....when I feel the time is
right. My question is this....all sentimental reasons aside....should
I get a new littler box, and...
Forum: Cats - misc August 31st 06, 01:48 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.misc
Replies: 2
Posted By Veloise
My cat sprays in neighbors' houses

Desperate wrote:
Went to a neighborhood event Sunday and learned, to my horror, that my
male, spayed, 4-5 year old cat has been spraying in 2 houses.
Yes, I will ask the vet why cat has...
Forum: Cats - misc August 26th 06, 01:35 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.misc
Replies: 14
Posted By Veloise
Help me avoid declawing my cat, please

Jeffrey Kaplan wrote:
Trimming her claws does not seem to be helping.

Put plastic or foil, and make it unfriendly-smelling, on the former
targets.

Load the desired target up with catnip and...
Showing results 1 to 18 of 18