Showing results 1 to 25 of 78
Search took 0.04 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: RPSinha
Forum: Cat health & behaviour January 3rd 08, 06:19 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav,alt.cats,alt.pets.cats
Replies: 98
Posted By RPSinha
My thanks to all of you!

The below-mentioned trip, in which I had to leave my cat alone for 24
hours for the very first time, has now come and gone. Thanks to all the
helpful advice and suggestions I received here, it went...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour December 29th 07, 08:03 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav,alt.cats,alt.pets.cats
Replies: 98
Posted By RPSinha
Leaving a cat alone for 24 hours, first time

Stan Brown wrote:

: Contrariwise, why would you want her to start looking all over the
: hose for food?

I thought that would make it less likely that she tries to eat...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour December 29th 07, 08:00 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav,alt.cats,alt.pets.cats
Replies: 98
Posted By RPSinha
Leaving a cat alone for 24 hours, first time

jmc wrote:

: Usual eating place. Not sure why you'd want to scatter it around,
: unless she's a couch-potato cat that needs the exercise.

As you can tell, I...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour December 29th 07, 07:57 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav,alt.cats,alt.pets.cats
Replies: 98
Posted By RPSinha
Leaving a cat alone for 24 hours, first time

Good advice and appreciated. I'll leave the radio on, tv off and
disconnect all unnecessary stuff (stereo, computer, toaster) that I
would have anyway. I'll leave a few lights on, low-wattage energy...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour December 29th 07, 12:36 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav,alt.cats,alt.pets.cats
Replies: 98
Posted By RPSinha
Leaving a cat alone for 24 hours, first time

blkcatgal wrote:

: You could leave a radio playing too. The sound of music and/or music might
: help.

Great suggestion. We have a classical station, NPR, an...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour December 29th 07, 12:32 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav,alt.cats,alt.pets.cats
Replies: 98
Posted By RPSinha
Leaving a cat alone for 24 hours, first time

jmc wrote:

: When we leave our cat alone for one or two days (no more!), we leave two
: litterboxes (one in the tub, one her normal one), her day's supply of
:...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour December 29th 07, 12:27 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav,alt.cats,alt.pets.cats
Replies: 98
Posted By RPSinha
Leaving a cat alone for 24 hours, first time

William Graham wrote:

: You may be happier, but are your cats happier? - This is an old argument,
: and I have come to the conclusion that what you do has to be tailored to the...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour December 28th 07, 08:35 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav,alt.cats,alt.pets.cats
Replies: 98
Posted By RPSinha
Leaving a cat alone for 24 hours, first time

William Graham wrote:

: I use cat doors....

I appreciate that as a long term solution, if she was my cat, :) but
this trip is a sudden family development and I can only strive...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour December 28th 07, 07:06 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav,alt.cats,alt.pets.cats
Replies: 98
Posted By RPSinha
Leaving a cat alone for 24 hours, first time

As I have mentioned previously, I am caring for a cat who is about 1
year old. During the warmer days she was outdoors all day, but came
inside to sleep. Then she met her first Midwestern winter and...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour December 15th 07, 07:25 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav,alt.cats,alt.pets.cats
Replies: 43
Posted By RPSinha
A cat's first winter bring a lot of anxiety...

bookie wrote:

: well it was just an idea, you don't have to try it if you don't want
: to , no need to dis it straight off though

My apology if it came across that way....
Forum: Cat health & behaviour December 14th 07, 08:07 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav,alt.cats,alt.pets.cats
Replies: 43
Posted By RPSinha
A cat's first winter bring a lot of anxiety...

bookie wrote:

: 1) maybe only let her outside for a pee just before she is due to be
: fed, or her dinner time, that way she willhave to return as she will
: be...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour December 13th 07, 08:28 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav,alt.cats,alt.pets.cats
Replies: 43
Posted By RPSinha
A cat's first winter bring a lot of anxiety...

In article IBen Getiner wrote:

: You obviously like to take things very seriously. I see that you tend
: to compensate for your insecurities by talking a lot. Do you realize
:...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour December 13th 07, 08:06 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav,alt.cats,alt.pets.cats
Replies: 43
Posted By RPSinha
A cat's first winter bring a lot of anxiety...

AKT wrote:

Sorry, that got posted from a family member's account. No big deal but
didn't want to confuse anyone.
Forum: Cat health & behaviour December 12th 07, 09:53 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav,alt.cats,alt.pets.cats
Replies: 43
Posted By RPSinha
A cat's first winter bring a lot of anxiety...

I am taking care of a cat, approx 1 yr old, for neighbors who are out
of the country for several months. During warmer days, she spent her
days in the connected yards including perhaps her own, came...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour November 13th 07, 10:39 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 10
Posted By RPSinha
water fountain

I'm-just-fine wrote:

: Hi there,
: I have a rather unique problem that I'm desperately
: trying to solve.
:
: I've had a small desk-top water feature for the...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour November 9th 07, 11:01 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 2
Posted By RPSinha
Where does she poop?

James wrote:

: Since she started doing it outdoors I've not seen any of her poop.

Most cats cover it up quite nicely!
Forum: Cat health & behaviour November 6th 07, 12:30 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav,alt.cats,alt.pets.cats
Replies: 11
Posted By RPSinha
What is worse: Carbs, Wheat gluten, Rice, Corn, Mercury, Phosphorous?

Upscale wrote:

: I'm talking about YOUR gastric ulcer in the making...

: So now you're trolling? While there are certainly some differences
: between popular brands, as far...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour November 6th 07, 09:30 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav,alt.cats,alt.pets.cats
Replies: 11
Posted By RPSinha
What is worse: Carbs, Wheat gluten, Rice, Corn, Mercury, Phosphorous?

Upscale wrote:

: Anything else is just going to irritate that stress caused gastric ulcer
: that you're in the process of constructing.

My thinking, reading, and Usenet...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour November 6th 07, 07:25 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav,alt.cats,alt.pets.cats
Replies: 11
Posted By RPSinha
What is worse: Carbs, Wheat gluten, Rice, Corn, Mercury, Phosphorous?

cybercat wrote:

: You are an intelligent enough man to know that many of the
: problems we and our pets encounter are unavoidable. And you
: already know what to do to avoid...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour November 6th 07, 06:47 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav,alt.cats,alt.pets.cats
Replies: 11
Posted By RPSinha
What is worse: Carbs, Wheat gluten, Rice, Corn, Mercury, Phosphorous?

cybercat wrote:

: Will you please stop this obsessive stuff?...
: You have healthy cats, with no diagnosed problems, right?
: Don't make problems for yourself. Believe me,...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour November 6th 07, 06:26 AM Posted to alt.cats,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 100
Posted By RPSinha
Cat not drinking water

Petzl wrote:

: On Tue, 06 Nov 2007 04:37:32 GMT, RPSinha wrote:
:
: Petzl wrote:

: Cats also have a high sensitivity to taste (often not...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour November 6th 07, 05:50 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav,alt.cats,alt.pets.cats
Replies: 11
Posted By RPSinha
What is worse: Carbs, Wheat gluten, Rice, Corn, Mercury, Phosphorous?

Matthew wrote:

: Mercury avoid tuna except as a treat and avoid seafood varieties of the
: food.

Thanks. Are mercury values for various brands and formulas...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour November 6th 07, 05:47 AM Posted to alt.cats,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 100
Posted By RPSinha
OK, I saw her take a few sips!

Update since the original post:

I have seen her sip the water a couple times. A little relief, to be
sure.

It was during the days when we had to give her some dry food because of
schedule. So,...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour November 6th 07, 05:37 AM Posted to alt.cats,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 100
Posted By RPSinha
Cat not drinking water

Petzl wrote:

: You should have a bowl of fresh water available
: The best bowl is ceramic and wide so whiskers don't touch side.

The water bowl is stainless steel and 6" in...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour November 6th 07, 05:27 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav,alt.cats,alt.pets.cats
Replies: 11
Posted By RPSinha
What is worse: Carbs, Wheat gluten, Rice, Corn, Mercury, Phosphorous?

While researching commercially available canned foods, I am discovering
that it is almost impossible to find a brand that avoids all things
touted in the nutrition literature as bad:

1. High % of...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 78