Showing results 1 to 25 of 45
Search took 0.69 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Sue[_2_]
Forum: Cat anecdotes September 27th 07, 02:52 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 18
Posted By Sue[_2_]
Anyone owned by a one-eyed kitty?

jmcquown wrote:

There's nothing "disturbing" about her appearance. I'm starting to think
you are the one who is disturbing. You're so damned picky, no cat seems
to meet with your...
Forum: Cat anecdotes September 27th 07, 02:20 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 18
Posted By Sue[_2_]
Anyone owned by a one-eyed kitty?

PatM wrote:

On Sep 25, 5:55 pm, Sue wrote:
Any of you have a cat with a vision impairment - is it safe to leave
them
alone for a long work day? Don't know...
Forum: Cat anecdotes September 26th 07, 12:55 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 18
Posted By Sue[_2_]
Anyone owned by a one-eyed kitty?

Well, I am going to shelter regularly and have an application for
volunteering - they need somebody to brush kitties and I like brushing
kitties! Have been down with a nasty flu myself and did...
Forum: Cat anecdotes September 19th 07, 12:26 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 4
Posted By Sue[_2_]
Decision being made for me whether all happy or not about it

well, what I was worried about has happened. My poor Charlotte, the
attention whore, got stepped on in the cat habitat on what they tell me was
possibly the busiest day in their history.

I came...
Forum: Cat anecdotes September 14th 07, 01:41 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 30
Posted By Sue[_2_]
Rant - TXU (long)

wrote:

I had to sponge off (after that sweaty night - yuck!)
and couldn't wash my hair. I'm sitting here at work, tired, probably
stinky, with bed-head, out...
Forum: Cat anecdotes September 14th 07, 01:30 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 8
Posted By Sue[_2_]
Revenge (and shampoo) revisited

Baha via CatKB.com wrote:

May I ask what happened to the days when she just dropped a noxious fart
at someone and ran for cover? Louie gets Odessa?s butt backed into him,
the friendly girl;...
Forum: Cat anecdotes September 13th 07, 12:26 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 22
Posted By Sue[_2_]
Mother - a final goodbye

Oh, I am so sorry for your lost. I haven't been coming by here because of
other issues but recall you as a kind soul and sure your learned such from
your very special person of a mom who will find...
Forum: Cat anecdotes September 11th 07, 01:41 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 16
Posted By Sue[_2_]
Ping: Sue (long)

wrote:

Sue wrote:

Takayuki wrote:

I'm sorry if you've been scared off adopting a kitty. I really hope
that it...
Forum: Cat anecdotes September 11th 07, 12:38 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 16
Posted By Sue[_2_]
Ping: Sue (long)

Takayuki wrote:

Sue wrote:
Long and short of it is, I am stressed and miserable over the whole thing.
I am ending my search and will make a donation to the...
Forum: Cat anecdotes September 10th 07, 11:11 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 33
Posted By Sue[_2_]
Shelter re-visit, new favorite & probably the One

jofirey wrote:

If you substitute the word crate for cage, crate training a kitten of
puppy
works out nicely. As long as the crate is big enough. Kayla likes her
crate still and sometimes...
Forum: Cat anecdotes September 10th 07, 10:55 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 16
Posted By Sue[_2_]
BTW (WAS: Ping: Sue (long))

jmcquown wrote:

BTW, I never suggested you take on a "project cat". I couldn't have done
it. If Persia had turned out to be a "project" or a problem cat I would
have given her up. ...
Forum: Cat anecdotes September 10th 07, 05:33 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 33
Posted By Sue[_2_]
Shelter re-visit, new favorite & probably the One

CatNipped wrote:

Sounds like a good plan to me! I wouldn't necessarily keep the kitten in
a cage, maybe just put him/her in a separate room if you're worried about
her/him tearing things up...
Forum: Cat anecdotes September 10th 07, 05:23 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 16
Posted By Sue[_2_]
Ping: Sue (long)

jmcquown wrote:

Obviously I didn't go out looking for a cat; Persia came looking for me.
But I don't think you should rush things if it doesn't feel right. Maybe
there are other shelters in...
Forum: Cat anecdotes September 10th 07, 04:31 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 33
Posted By Sue[_2_]
Shelter re-visit, new favorite & probably the One

Bill Stock wrote:

When we got Cali from the Rescue place she was a biter and very stand
offish having been around other cats for so long. We were originally
supposed to get another cat, but...
Forum: Cat anecdotes September 10th 07, 03:38 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 33
Posted By Sue[_2_]
Shelter re-visit, new favorite & probably the One!

MaryL wrote:

A kitten needs someone who is home for a longer proportion of the day than
an adult cat, and purebred's do not necessarily have a "predictable
temperament." One thing you are...
Forum: Cat anecdotes September 10th 07, 03:16 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 33
Posted By Sue[_2_]
Shelter re-visit, new favorite & probably the One

CatNipped wrote:

Sue, get the cat that's going to suit you and your lifestyle. All you
want is a companion animal and not a "project" (and it's a "project" that
would probably fail since...
Forum: Cat anecdotes September 10th 07, 02:31 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 33
Posted By Sue[_2_]
Shelter re-visit, new favorite & probably the One

Granby wrote:

I assume because you THINK the one cat you liked might be there in a week,
this is a no-kill place. If not, hope you left your number to be called
before the cats number was...
Forum: Cat anecdotes September 10th 07, 02:26 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 33
Posted By Sue[_2_]
Shelter re-visit, new favorite & probably the One

Christina Websell wrote:

Look, either choose a rescue cat from the shelter which is likely to have
some "issues" which might be difficult and you will have to deal with or
don't and adopt...
Forum: Cat anecdotes September 10th 07, 02:10 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 33
Posted By Sue[_2_]
Shelter re-visit, new favorite & probably the One

wrote:

Sue wrote:

Ava was a much harder case. Today's shelter worker
got into the cage (a biggish cage) petted her and tried...
Forum: Cat anecdotes September 9th 07, 10:42 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 33
Posted By Sue[_2_]
Shelter re-visit, new favorite & probably the One

Well, I went back today to see Ava and the White One to hopefully make a
decision. They were both snoozing in the same open cage (White One on the
high shelf and Ava on the lower) Ava was quite...
Forum: Cat anecdotes September 9th 07, 06:21 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 54
Posted By Sue[_2_]
Shelter Visit - Report

wrote:

There is no guarantee, but Ava very well could be your lap cat, but
remain shy with others. When I trapped her, I thought I'd be lucky if
I could even pet the...
Forum: Cat anecdotes September 9th 07, 03:46 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 54
Posted By Sue[_2_]
Shelter Visit - Report

MaryL wrote:

From your description, I would say that you are following Mir's lead and
doing what she enjoys. When I refer to overstimulating, I am thinking of
people who get bitten or...
Forum: Cat anecdotes September 9th 07, 02:10 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 36
Posted By Sue[_2_]
taking the plunge - moral support

Marina wrote:

Sue wrote:

Oh, and there is a kitten. I know I can't take one but serious KFW
http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=8849393

Oh, that's Nikki as a...
Forum: Cat anecdotes September 9th 07, 02:07 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 54
Posted By Sue[_2_]
Shelter Visit - Report

wrote:

He bit me once, and then turned into the most wonderful, amazing,
loving lap fungus. I only had him for 6 months before he went to RB on
1 October 2000,...
Forum: Cat anecdotes September 9th 07, 02:04 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 54
Posted By Sue[_2_]
Shelter Visit - Report

MaryL wrote:

Yes, all of my cats have done that -- "mouthing" or play-bite. I always
relax and gently remove my hand, but I also look for signs of
overstimulation (which is a sign to "stop...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 45