Showing results 1 to 25 of 30
Search took 0.00 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: (PeteCresswell)
Forum: Cat health & behaviour July 19th 16, 05:20 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 21
Posted By (PeteCresswell)
Cat gets on the counter top

Per (PeteCresswell):
but actually she has it trained to not get up on the kitchen
table and

Shb ...but actually she has it trained not to get up on the kitchen
table when anybody is around...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour July 19th 16, 04:00 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 21
Posted By (PeteCresswell)
Cat gets on the counter top

Per MaryL:
Years ago, my sister "thought" she had succeeded in teaching her cat not
to get on the kitchen counter top. Then she glanced at the kitchen
window one day as she was returning home...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour May 3rd 15, 05:40 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 6
Posted By (PeteCresswell)
best way to brush shedding cats

Per cat owner:
is it better to hold a cat to brush them or brush them while laying down

I would think it depends on the cat.

With ours, an attempt to brush it while holding it would result in...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour February 17th 15, 11:35 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 29
Posted By (PeteCresswell)
Counting stray cats while cycling at night

Per Christina Websell:
They probably did. Cats like to hunt and if you don't like it, don't have a
cat. Simples ;-)
My cat is brilliant around my chicken huts (small rats killed only, the big...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour February 16th 15, 02:43 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 29
Posted By (PeteCresswell)
Counting stray cats while cycling at night

Per Dick Ballard:
I get the impression from some sources that NOT
allowing one's pet cat to free roam is considered a form of abuse by
many in Britain.

Couple years back I saw a documentary...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour May 9th 14, 07:59 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 21
Posted By (PeteCresswell)
Is there such a thing as "cat whistle"?

Per buglady:
............Clicker?? Cats can be clicker trained. Some of mine come
when called. When they first come in the house, every time I put food
in front of them I say their name over...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour February 19th 13, 10:52 PM Posted to alt.talk.creationism,can.politics,rec.food.cooking,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 141
Posted By (PeteCresswell)
Here kitty, kitty

Per Bill Graham:
but Ayn Rand knew the best way to evaluate
everything, and was a capitalist of the first order.

I thought she was a popular book author.

Am I missing something?
--
Pete...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour February 18th 13, 04:10 PM Posted to alt.talk.creationism,can.politics,rec.food.cooking,rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Per Tom McDonald:
You mean there is no middle ground between unfettered capitalism and
totalitarianism? I think you'd find several hundred million people in
Europe who would respectfully...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour February 3rd 13, 04:59 PM Posted to alt.talk.creationism,can.politics,rec.food.cooking,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 141
Posted By (PeteCresswell)
Here kitty, kitty

Per Bill Graham:
I thought I was eating chicken and rice. When I paid the bill,
there was an old man by the door, and he said something to me in English, so
I asked him what I ate. "Cat" he...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour December 6th 12, 01:45 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 27
Posted By (PeteCresswell)
Feral cat problem

Per Kelley Greene:
Where I live in TN it's not just fox that keep feral cats under control...

Where I live (Philadelphia PA, USA suburbs...) the foxes even
keep domestic cats under control. Our...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour October 15th 12, 02:05 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 46
Posted By (PeteCresswell)
Adventurous cat

Per Gandalf ingold1234(at)yahoo(dot)com:
It is a well documented fact that indoor only cats live longer lives
than indoor/outdoor cats. There are MANY risk factors

Raul Wallenberg probably...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour October 12th 12, 02:40 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 27
Posted By (PeteCresswell)
Feral cat problem

Per Pon o:
Do you expect this to be a growing problem in the future? I don't
remember feral cats being a problem until a few yrs. ago.

Maybe it's a local predator/prey balance thing.

I have no...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour August 7th 12, 02:13 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 24
Posted By (PeteCresswell)
My cat won't stop begging for food

Per MaryL:
He is now up to 14 lbs, and I refuse to give him more until his late
night feeding, but this goes on all day AND NIGHT. He wakes me at
least 3 times a night. I can't see why he wants...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour July 11th 12, 05:52 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 24
Posted By (PeteCresswell)
My cat won't stop begging for food

Per Dom:
Can you suggest any brands? I use only fancy feast, but for him I get
Gravy Lovers Fancy Feast, since he licks the gravy.

We use Fancy Feast too.

But my take is that it's a cat-by-cat...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour July 11th 12, 04:09 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 24
Posted By (PeteCresswell)
My cat won't stop begging for food

Per Dom:
He is now up to 14 lbs, and I refuse to give him more until his late
night feeding, but this goes on all day AND NIGHT. He wakes me at
least 3 times a night. I can't see why he wants...
Forum: Cats - misc July 6th 12, 10:43 PM Posted to alt.cats,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.misc,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 6
Posted By (PeteCresswell)
What is treat as opposed to food?

Forgot one question (thanks for all answers so far). I come across
suggestions that cats should be given "treat" once in a while. In human
terms I can understand that salad is food, banana...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour June 28th 12, 12:20 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 17
Posted By (PeteCresswell)
Trackers for cats?

Per Matthew:
The service is through my local
cell provider here that does tracking for elderly adult patients in nursing
homes

this is the closet one I can find with out opening up my...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour June 27th 12, 03:14 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 17
Posted By (PeteCresswell)
Trackers for cats?

Per Matthew:
they have them already I have one on my laptop

it is the six of a small match box thin as a credit card cost me $4.95 a
month to be able to track it

GPS for the position and...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour June 27th 12, 12:10 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 17
Posted By (PeteCresswell)
Trackers for cats?

Per Matthew:
You should see the one the have for dementia and Alzheimer's patients.
they can be a pendant or a watch they even have them that go in their shoes.
they can track with in 3 feet of...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour June 18th 12, 02:43 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 4
Posted By (PeteCresswell)
Liquid That Repels Cats?

Daughter and husband live in a city house where both stray and
neighbor's cats keep them up until all hours of the night yowling
in their courtyard.

Somebody, somewhere, suggested that cats find...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour February 29th 12, 10:12 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 17
Posted By (PeteCresswell)
Female cat seems weird?

Per :
when there were
no police force, or any other group that regulated Human behavior. Is
it possible that males behaved in the same way towards females who
strayed to far from...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour February 10th 12, 02:42 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 17
Posted By (PeteCresswell)
Cats as mousers: nature or nurture?

Per Brian Link:
Just after I posted my first response, Louis managed to grab a mouse
under the stove. This time I heard a definite "CRUNCH!", and there was
blood. Managed to grab it and toss it...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour November 3rd 11, 01:09 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 17
Posted By (PeteCresswell)
My cat is starting to bite

Per chaniarts:
shortly after i got one of my foster cats, he tried to bite me. i picked
him up, bit him (gently) in the nape, growled and shook my head a bit,
like a mother cat would do to a...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour November 2nd 11, 10:01 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 17
Posted By (PeteCresswell)
My cat is starting to bite

Per Sylvia M:
I was wondering if there are 'good' ways to discourage biting, given no
health issues?

In the words of my granddaughter when she was about 4 years old
(in a demented tone of voice):...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour June 11th 11, 08:23 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 10
Posted By (PeteCresswell)
Another danger to outside cats.

Per Gandalf ingold1234:
This is just ANOTHER of the MANY reasons why cats are SAFER, and live
LONGER LIVES, if they stay INSIDE.

Somewhere I read that people live for a very long time...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 30