Showing results 1 to 25 of 500
Search took 0.02 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Lesley Madigan
Forum: Cat anecdotes January 19th 19, 12:38 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 8
Posted By Lesley Madigan
Furminated

On Wednesday, December 26, 2018 at 6:49:50 PM UTC, Jill McQuown wrote:
For a short haired cat Buffy sure has a lot of fur! She has a very
thick undercoat. I just used the Furminator...
Forum: Cat anecdotes August 18th 18, 08:58 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 12
Posted By Lesley Madigan
Is this weird?

On Saturday, August 18, 2018 at 2:54:18 AM UTC+1, Jill McQuown wrote:

BTW, congrats in the new job!

Thanks it's sorta not a new job really I temped there in May-June for 6 weeks and loved...
Forum: Cat anecdotes August 17th 18, 10:35 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 12
Posted By Lesley Madigan
Is this weird?

On Friday, August 17, 2018 at 10:12:26 PM UTC+1, Lesley Madigan wrote:

It feels kinda nice knowing if anything does happen to me then Bonnie and Ganzi won't end up in a shelter. They both know Jim...
Forum: Cat anecdotes August 17th 18, 10:12 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 12
Posted By Lesley Madigan
Is this weird?

As some of you may know after almost 2 years of trying I finally got a permanent job!

Doing the paperwork there's some sort of insurance policy so if I die in service there will be money to be...
Forum: Cat anecdotes August 14th 18, 09:56 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 24
Posted By Lesley Madigan
Hi again

On Thursday, August 2, 2018 at 8:46:59 PM UTC+1, Tina wrote:

I'm not entirely sure why the breeder didn't want them to be parted, as
most of the time they don't like each other ;-)

I went...
Forum: Cat anecdotes April 14th 18, 08:26 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 39
Posted By Lesley Madigan
I think they got another one

I am also on FB. I treat it as a tool nothing more. I've got in touch with friends and family through it. A lot of both now live miles away (Australia in one case every couple of years he flies back...
Forum: Cat anecdotes April 8th 18, 08:32 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 39
Posted By Lesley Madigan
I think they got another one

On Monday, March 19, 2018 at 6:12:54 PM UTC, Jill McQuown wrote:

I'm enjoying reading these updates. Thanks, Lesley! Any chance of any
pics of the black cat?

It seems "George" (Yes...
Forum: Cat anecdotes March 19th 18, 12:34 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 39
Posted By Lesley Madigan
I think they got another one

Today the black cat ran in through the front doors downstairs then headed upstairs. Because of the bad weather they had to close to the door to the function room from outdoors so now the cat...
Forum: Cat anecdotes March 6th 18, 11:23 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 39
Posted By Lesley Madigan
I think they got another one

Cat now ventures out but comes back for food and now doesn't mind if it's not Crostin who comes out as long as whoever it is brings food

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs
Forum: Cat anecdotes March 5th 18, 01:03 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 39
Posted By Lesley Madigan
I think they got another one

On Sunday, March 4, 2018 at 3:27:46 PM UTC, Jill McQuown wrote:

Great story! I'm willing to bet the cat will have a name soon enough!

Cat still in residence in the function room. Now...
Forum: Cat anecdotes March 4th 18, 03:34 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 39
Posted By Lesley Madigan
I think they got another one

Upstairs in my local pub is flats- shared by Aaron, Dean and Crostin. Manager, bar man and chef respectively.

As it's a very old pub it has a rodent problem so although Aaron is allergic to cats a...
Forum: Cat anecdotes February 14th 18, 08:45 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 6
Posted By Lesley Madigan
He's made it!

In the end I had to rescue him, I put him on the floor and as I went to put the stepladder away he used me as a stepping stone to go straight back up there!

I've reached the conclusion he isn't the...
Forum: Cat anecdotes February 6th 18, 02:19 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 6
Posted By Lesley Madigan
He's made it!

He's currently on top of the fridge/freezer and I think he may be stuck!

His nickname if "Goofus" for obvious reasons

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs
Forum: Cat anecdotes February 6th 18, 12:08 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 6
Posted By Lesley Madigan
He's made it!

Despite the number of times he's been threatened with strangulation/shooting/ having his balls removed with a blunt rusty knife (less effective a threat after the vet removed them) etc,

Despite the...
Forum: Cat anecdotes February 1st 18, 08:41 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 8
Posted By Lesley Madigan
Ha ha ha :)

On Thursday, January 25, 2018 at 9:34:49 PM UTC, Patrick wrote:
My PC suddenly developed a ~1 second beep, which I had to silence by
muting the sound.
I Googled 'one second beep, got really...
Forum: Cat anecdotes January 2nd 18, 03:20 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 9
Posted By Lesley Madigan
Happy New Year RPCA!

Wishing everyone a Happy New Year!

Same from me, Bonnie and Ganzi- quiet season for me, didn't do much Xmas and went to a friends NYE but left about 11.40 as they were going to walk up the hill...
Forum: Cat anecdotes December 13th 17, 04:38 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 6
Posted By Lesley Madigan
A stuck kitty

..

Her extended spinning dance seemed to have made her woozy,

You've reminded me of Isis (RB) she liked to sit on the revolving chair and have it spun as fast as possible but it had to be...
Forum: Cat anecdotes October 17th 17, 10:04 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 8
Posted By Lesley Madigan
Duffy has gone to the Bridge (Oct. 16, 2017)

On Tuesday, October 17, 2017 at 10:03:47 AM UTC+1, Lesley Madigan wrote:

Sorry to hear Duffy has crossed the Bridge-I always loved your stories about him and Duffy

Sorry him and...
Forum: Cat anecdotes October 17th 17, 10:03 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 8
Posted By Lesley Madigan
Duffy has gone to the Bridge (Oct. 16, 2017)

On Tuesday, October 17, 2017 at 5:17:18 AM UTC+1, MaryL wrote:
I am heartbroken to report that my wonderful Duffy has gone to the
Bridge.

Sorry to hear Duffy has crossed the Bridge-I always...
Forum: Cat anecdotes September 17th 17, 11:43 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 15
Posted By Lesley Madigan
Okey Doke... I tried Facebook

On Friday, September 1, 2017 at 12:20:34 AM UTC+1, Jill McQuown wrote:
Sorry, I can't stand it.

You get used to it. I ignore most of it I just mostly scroll past the news feed and use the...
Forum: Cat anecdotes August 27th 17, 12:32 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 6
Posted By Lesley Madigan
Sorry, can't do Facebook

On Saturday, August 26, 2017 at 2:23:49 PM UTC+1, Jill McQuown wrote:
I just don't like the interface. I haven't deactivated my account (yet)
and might check for posts there on rpca from time...
Forum: Cat anecdotes July 26th 17, 10:12 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 0
Posted By Lesley Madigan
Advocate

What is in that stuff?!

When we took in Spirit (RB) she had fleas and nothing seemed to help much. Advantage helped a little as did spraying the bed/washing the bedding at 50 degrees but come this...
Forum: Cat anecdotes May 31st 17, 09:56 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 8
Posted By Lesley Madigan
summer's here

On Tuesday, May 30, 2017 at 12:51:44 AM UTC+1, Jill McQuown wrote:

It is different in the US.

It really is-over here in the UK everyone assumes cats have outdoor access.

Shelters rarely rehome...
Forum: Cat anecdotes May 16th 17, 10:56 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 3
Posted By Lesley Madigan
How did he get in there?

My little Ganzi girl...isn't....a girl that is! Very considerate as I am between jobs and living off my savings so as every penny helps and getting a boy done is cheaper than a girl.

Over the last...
Forum: Cat anecdotes April 25th 17, 12:17 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 19
Posted By Lesley Madigan
Kitty Nicknames

Ganzi has accquired the nickname "Alice" where the black on her face comes down near her mouth on each side it tapers down to a point. From certain angles it looks like Alice Cooper's make...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 500