Showing results 1 to 25 of 350
Search took 0.01 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: blkcatgal
Forum: Cat health & behaviour October 23rd 08, 04:57 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 41
Posted By blkcatgal
can on Prozac for inapprop peeing

Geez, Christie. I thought I gave you some good advice. I have lots of
experience with using prozac with my cats. I currently have 2 cats on
prozac due to aggressive behavior.

Just FYI, I have...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour October 22nd 08, 05:00 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 41
Posted By blkcatgal
can on Prozac for inapprop peeing

Christie, I had a cat on prozac because he sprayed. It really helped curb
his spraying. I don't know why your doctor told you that your cat could
only be on it for 6 months and then take a break....
Forum: Cat anecdotes October 13th 08, 11:09 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 13
Posted By blkcatgal
Survey: street cats vs "sheltered" cats

I have a shelter cat that can't seem to get enough food. He loves to eat.
I also have a stray and she is worse than the shelter cat when it comes to
food. She'd eat 24/7 if I let her. I'm not...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour October 13th 08, 11:06 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 10
Posted By blkcatgal
helping a cat process a death?

I am sorry for your loss. Animals do grieve so it may not be unusual for
Gracie to be experiencing some grief. I have read stories about the other
animal not eating, etc. You may want to give...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour October 13th 08, 05:24 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 5
Posted By blkcatgal
Introducing a new kitten to an adult cat?

Take the intros slowly. I think the best advice I ever got was from Phil
and that was to introduce them one sense at a time. First smell. Keep the
cats separated for the time being. Try rubbing...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour September 28th 08, 09:06 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 9
Posted By blkcatgal
Simon's Final Update

I am so sorry to hear about Simon. You have my heartfelt condolences.

S.

"JohnR66" wrote in message
Thank you...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour September 26th 08, 04:52 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 15
Posted By blkcatgal
Simon update

Here's hoping that Simon continues to respond and he gets better. He's
lucky to have someone like you who cares so much.

S.

"JohnR66" wrote in message...
Forum: Cat anecdotes September 25th 08, 04:51 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 27
Posted By blkcatgal
Biddy Marie 1986 to Sept 24, 2008

I am sorry for your loss.

S.

"Mishi" wrote in message
Biddy left for the Rainbow Bridge tonight at about 8:10 pm eastern US
Forum: Cat health & behaviour September 25th 08, 04:47 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 15
Posted By blkcatgal
Simon is very sick

I'm sorry to hear about Simon...I hope he can recover...

S.

"JohnR66" wrote in message
Around 4:15pm today I...
Forum: Cat anecdotes August 27th 08, 04:07 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 30
Posted By blkcatgal
Dear Sheba

I am sorry for your loss. It is never easy.

S.

"CATherine" wrote in message
Sheba has been in our...
Forum: Cat anecdotes August 24th 08, 03:10 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 23
Posted By blkcatgal
Early this Morning My grandfather passed away

I am sorry for your loss, Matthew.

S.
"Matthew" wrote in message
I am sorry to say his fight is...
Forum: Cat anecdotes August 21st 08, 04:57 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 31
Posted By blkcatgal
Goodbye sweet Tiger

I am sorry for your loss.

S.

"Nanny" wrote in message

You came to me years ago as a stray and I've never known your...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour August 17th 08, 04:56 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 15
Posted By blkcatgal
Peeing outside box

My cat hated the covered box...made him pee outside the box. Guess you may
be lucky.

S.

"Barb" wrote in message
Just...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour August 17th 08, 04:54 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 1
Posted By blkcatgal
Itchy ears

My vet recommended a drop of mineral oil in the ear and massaging it in when
my cat had some waxy build-up in her ear.

S.
---
"jmc"...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour July 27th 08, 11:09 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 24
Posted By blkcatgal
2 Cats Daily Dry-Food twice-a-day's amounts?

Not to mention that dry food has way more calories than canned food.

S.
---
"---MIKE---" wrote in message...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour July 26th 08, 09:56 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 20
Posted By blkcatgal
Cat colds--is urgent care needed?

I think you have a good plan. If she continues to eat and drink, you
probably can wait until Monday. If she stops eating totally, you may want
to consider the emergency vet.

I hope she's feeling...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour July 25th 08, 04:50 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 4
Posted By blkcatgal
Look at this little face!

If you don't find homes for that crew, I'm gonna cry! They are all
adorable!

S.
---
"Phil P." wrote in message...
Forum: Cat anecdotes July 19th 08, 04:59 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 20
Posted By blkcatgal
Maryweather went to the Rainbow Bridge

I am so sorry to hear about Maryweather. May she rest in peace.

S.

"Ted Davis" wrote in message
I stepped outside for a moment and...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour July 18th 08, 05:13 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 16
Posted By blkcatgal
Boo Update--IT'S BENIGN!!!!!

Whoo hoo!!! Glad the news was good!!!!

Sue

"cybercat" wrote in message
Dr. Lewis just called, and I am beside myself. NOW I...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour July 11th 08, 11:07 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 20
Posted By blkcatgal
Update 2-- Ping Cybercat - Boo Update?

Glad the surgery went well and Boo is doing okay. I think you are taking
the right approach here. Please keep us posted on how Boo is doing.

S.
--
**Visit me and my cats at...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour July 10th 08, 11:25 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

We'll keep thinking good thoughts for Boo. I hope she can kick this thing.
Keep us posted on what happens.

S.
---
"cybercat"...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour July 10th 08, 11:23 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 45
Posted By blkcatgal
Cat Panting (Was: Getting New Cats, Seeking Advice Thereupon)

Well, I did some more reading and the general concensus is that if the cat
is running around a lot and may be experiencing some stress (which this cat
was) panting may not be unusual. She was out...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour July 10th 08, 04:56 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 18
Posted By blkcatgal
Boo has a breast lump

We'll keep good thoughts that everything goes well for Boo tomorrow.

S.
---
"cybercat" wrote in message...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour July 9th 08, 12:44 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 45
Posted By blkcatgal
Cat Panting (Was: Getting New Cats, Seeking Advice Thereupon)

Yes, the panting is dog-like...tongue hanging out, heavy breathing. It
really has me concerned. I've read that a cat should not pant like a dog
and would only pant if there was a medical problem...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour July 9th 08, 04:41 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 18
Posted By blkcatgal
Boo has a breast lump

Keeping good thoughts for Boo. Hope the lump turns out to be nothing to be
concerned about. Let us know what happens at the vet tomorrow.

S.
--
**Visit me and my cats at...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 350