Showing results 1 to 20 of 20
Search took 0.00 seconds.
Forum: Cat health & behaviour May 7th 13, 07:09 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 4
Posted By [email protected]
Good News!!!

Oh that's wonderful news!! *doing a happy dance*

Rene
Forum: Cat health & behaviour March 26th 13, 05:38 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 8
Posted By [email protected]
Cats & cataracts

On Sunday, March 24, 2013 5:01:59 PM UTC-5, silknsox wrote:
Can anyone tell me a little bit cats & cataracts please?

I agree with Mary--has this cat been actually diagnosed with cataracts, or is...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour March 11th 13, 09:11 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 23
Posted By [email protected]
Cat peeing outside box

~~~~~~~~~~~

Do you have more than one litter box? Some cats "specialize" and will use

one box for urine and another for feces. The general "rule of thumb" is to

have one box for...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour March 5th 13, 08:35 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 16
Posted By [email protected]
Diabetic Cat question

This sounds like a classic case of mis-directed aggression. Even though they both went to the vets, the other cat was upset at making the trip and lashed out at the diabetic cat.

I'd suggest that...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour February 19th 13, 05:55 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 23
Posted By [email protected]
Cat peeing outside box

On Monday, February 18, 2013 11:18:15 PM UTC-6, cat182 wrote:
Test results were all negative.

Blood results were normal.

UTI results were normal.

Vet suggested we take him to a...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour February 18th 13, 06:07 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 12
Posted By [email protected]
Feeding Raw

What kind of meats are you feeding? One of my cats cannot eat dark red

meats like Beef, Goat, etc. and will puke it up every time. Some

proteins just don't agree with all animals. ...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour February 15th 13, 05:57 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 12
Posted By [email protected]
Feeding Raw

I'm a long time raw feeder so I've read over catinfo.org a few times.

We feed a very balanced diet including a lot of "whole ground" animals

so they are getting all of the organs,...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour February 12th 13, 05:48 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 12
Posted By [email protected]
Feeding Raw

Hi Jesse,

Have you visited this website: http://catinfo.org/ It is an excellent reference about feeding raw food and feline nutrition in general.

I have fed raw, both using the recipe on the...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour November 16th 12, 03:34 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 35
Posted By [email protected]
Cat keeps throwing up

The trouble with Benadryl is that it is _very_ bitter, and with the small size you need, you have to cut the tablet. You could try a Pill Pocket as suggested, or try coating the cut end with butter...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour November 14th 12, 03:57 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 1
Posted By [email protected]
Introducing our two cats. Have done lots of research but need advice!

It's possible that your Bengal smelled something "odd" about the other cat and regressed. It's not uncommon. Are you still using the Feliway diffuser? You might want to add another diffuser in the...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour November 12th 12, 08:28 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 35
Posted By [email protected]
Cat keeps throwing up

has the vet ruled out a food allergy

I can't afford allergy testing. Or x-rays, or a sonogram, or oher

testing. The doc gave him allergy shots. Didn't work. Now I'm thinking

Forum: Cat health & behaviour November 12th 12, 03:49 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 35
Posted By [email protected]
Cat keeps throwing up

Has your vet done a chest x-ray to check for asthma? Our oldest will cough and sometimes puke (usually foam or liquid, rarely food) from the asthma. If this is the case, a broncho-diolator (sp) or...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour October 17th 12, 04:28 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 3
Posted By [email protected]
Cat will not eat worming tablet

I like dgk's suggestion of using a Pill Pocket. Also, have you tried mashing it really fine into some stinky fish, like canned tuna or sardines? You could also give her just a little bit of food one...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour October 15th 12, 03:29 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 27
Posted By [email protected]
Feral cat problem

I've got research to do before I punk down a big hunk of change on traps

for the TNR.

Pon, you should not have to buy traps if you don't want to. I trapped and got a neighborhood feral...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour October 11th 12, 04:21 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 11
Posted By [email protected]
Driving cats around town

On Thursday, October 11, 2012 8:35:18 AM UTC-5, Wayne Mitchell wrote:
FragSinatra wrote:

My mom used to take her cat out for short Sunday drives

around the...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour October 10th 12, 08:52 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 11
Posted By [email protected]
Driving cats around town

On Wednesday, October 10, 2012 2:42:41 PM UTC-5, FragSinatra wrote:
Is it OK to drive cats around town without being caged? What about with

a window open (like dog owners do)?

I am hoping...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour September 5th 12, 08:57 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 11
Posted By [email protected]
My Cat Won't Enter Half the House

Have you tried playing with her on the edge of her "territory" and slowly creep into the "other" area? Or you can try tossing a treat in that direction, a little further each day.
Forum: Cat health & behaviour August 15th 12, 02:58 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 6
Posted By [email protected]
reasons for drinking/peeing other than diabetes?

I am going to bring her back one morning this week. The vet suggested taking away the litter boxes for a couple of hours and then bringing her in to ensure that her bladder is full. This morning,...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour August 2nd 12, 09:38 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 4
Posted By [email protected]
chronic licking on each side of tail has caused loss of hair.

We need a little more information, please. What test(s) has your vet done? Has a fecal sample been tested for parasites? What kind of food do you feed? (Grains like corn are often allergens.)

You...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour August 2nd 12, 09:34 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 6
Posted By [email protected]
reasons for drinking/peeing other than diabetes?

How old is the cat--drinking excess water and peeing a lot is also a symptom of kidney disease/failure.

Has the cat been to the vet lately? It would be a good idea to get a blood panel and overall...
Showing results 1 to 20 of 20