Showing results 1 to 19 of 19
Search took 0.00 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Bastette[_4_]
Forum: Cat anecdotes June 10th 17, 04:20 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 0
Posted By Bastette[_4_]
catnip and mosquitoes

Jack Campin wrote:

This may or may not be a good idea:

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2001/08/010828075659.htm

Keep your bedroom free of mosquitoes. In return, get to sleep
Forum: Cat anecdotes June 10th 17, 04:13 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 2
Posted By Bastette[_4_]
Floyd the survivor cat

The Newest Other Guy wrote:

On Sat, 10 Jun 2017 02:43:48 -0000 (UTC), Bastette
wrote:

Jack Campin wrote:

This is an amazing story:

Forum: Cat anecdotes June 10th 17, 04:01 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 3
Posted By Bastette[_4_]
Cats!

Joy wrote:

They're just like siblings. A couple of hours ago I heard yowling and
snarling as Koala and Pickles went at it. Just now I looked in the
living room, and they're snuggled up...
Forum: Cat anecdotes June 10th 17, 03:43 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 2
Posted By Bastette[_4_]
Floyd the survivor cat

Jack Campin wrote:

This is an amazing story:

http://www.stuff.co.nz/stuff-nation/18321959/Pet-of-the-Day-Floyd-the-miracle-earthquake-cat

I can't believe his original humans decided not to...
Forum: Cat anecdotes April 6th 17, 01:51 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 19
Posted By Bastette[_4_]
Kitty Nicknames

John Kasupski wrote:

My dad always claimed he hated cats...

Despite that, the first time he came over to my house when I had
Charlie (RB), my big Russian Blue, Dad and I were sitting on...
Forum: Cat anecdotes April 5th 17, 11:17 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 19
Posted By Bastette[_4_]
Kitty Nicknames

jmcquown wrote:

That's cute! My father didn't like cats at all. He always felt there
was something sneaky about them. No cats allowed!

Mom & Dad's neighbor (now my neighbor) had two...
Forum: Cat anecdotes April 4th 17, 01:15 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 1
Posted By Bastette[_4_]
Can't remember name of RPCA cat

Someone on this newsgroup had (or still has) a cat named Monochromatic
[Something] Vortex Peep. One of my favorite cat names ever, but I can't
remember what the "something" was. I wanted to tell a...
Forum: Cat anecdotes March 28th 17, 03:39 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 8
Posted By Bastette[_4_]
Return of the S

Lesley Madigan wrote:

I'm sorry to hear about your job! That on top of uncertain tenancy is a
double whammy. :(

I got the tenancy under the same terms i.e. it's a registered fair...
Forum: Cat anecdotes March 22nd 17, 08:55 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 12
Posted By Bastette[_4_]
How I Became An Ailurophile Without Really Trying (Ch. 1)

jmcquown wrote:

On 3/20/2017 8:42 PM, Bastette wrote:

Now I'm actually losing some hearing. Nothing major, but I have lost a
bit of the highest frequencies of sound. This just makes the...
Forum: Cat anecdotes March 21st 17, 01:42 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 12
Posted By Bastette[_4_]
How I Became An Ailurophile Without Really Trying (Ch. 1)

jmcquown wrote:

We got a color TV in 1968... just in time for Dad to be transferred to
Thailand. It went into storage with everything but our bedroom
furniture. We pretty much didn't...
Forum: Cat anecdotes March 15th 17, 01:21 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 12
Posted By Bastette[_4_]
Millie the hair stylist

John Kasupski wrote:

Just yesterday after a couple of sessions of playing with Minnie here -
and she does like to play a bit rough - she jumped up on my lap and allowed
me to hold her while...
Forum: Cat anecdotes March 15th 17, 01:16 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 12
Posted By Bastette[_4_]
Millie the hair stylist

Robert Catt wrote:

"Joy" wrote in message ...

LOL! They keep surprising us, don't they?

Earlier I was looking at Koala, standing in my lap and...
Forum: Cat anecdotes March 10th 17, 01:40 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 12
Posted By Bastette[_4_]
Millie the hair stylist

Joy wrote:

On 3/9/2017 2:24 PM, Robert Catt wrote:
I woke up this morning with a tingling in my scalp. It was our little
tabby Millie, washing my hair with her tongue! When she'd finished...
Forum: Cat anecdotes February 28th 17, 01:28 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 4
Posted By Bastette[_4_]
A great idea!

John Kasupski wrote:

Whenever I hear about rat problems, I think, "Why don't they just send
some cats?" It's always seemed obvious to me. No poison, rats are gone the
natural way, the cats...
Forum: Cat anecdotes February 25th 17, 03:32 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 4
Posted By Bastette[_4_]
A great idea!

Joy wrote:

About five years ago, Chicago resident Paul Nickerson turned to a trio
of cats to deal with a rodent infestation after higher-tech pest-control
methods failed. He figured he...
Forum: Cat anecdotes February 22nd 17, 03:22 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 5
Posted By Bastette[_4_]
Has anyone heard from Takayuki?

Takayuki wrote:

Hi everyone. Yes, I'm still around, but I did find, somewhat surprisingly,
that reading and writing about kitties made me a bit melancholy about late
Spicey.

Even I've...
Forum: Cat anecdotes February 15th 17, 04:19 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 14
Posted By Bastette[_4_]
Advice Shamelessly Solicited

Rusty wrote:

On Saturday, February 11, 2017 at 3:13:58 PM UTC-5, John Kasupski wrote:
On Thu, 09 Feb 2017 19:38:00 -0500, John Kasupski wrote:

I did read all the replies I...
Forum: Cat anecdotes February 15th 17, 03:56 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 11
Posted By Bastette[_4_]
Sleeping Habits and Kitty Kisses

John Kasupski wrote:

On Fri, 10 Feb 2017, jmcquown wrote:

Despite her best efforts I will never get out of bed to play with her at
3 o'clock in the morning.

Forum: Cat anecdotes February 13th 17, 10:13 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 5
Posted By Bastette[_4_]
Ping Jack: Istanbul cats

Sjouke Burry wrote:

On 12.02.17 12:14, Bastette wrote:
For Jack especially, but for everyone else, too.

A friend of mine just sent me this link, about a new documentary that
has...
Showing results 1 to 19 of 19