Showing results 1 to 16 of 16
Search took 0.32 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Elizabeth
Forum: Cat health & behaviour October 4th 06, 04:39 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 14
Posted By Elizabeth
Importance of diet with kidney problems

Kathy Morgan wrote:
Elizabeth wrote:

I looked for an on-line source a couple of weeks ago, when one of my
"old ladies" started having kidney problems. I found a...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour October 2nd 06, 07:56 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 14
Posted By Elizabeth
Importance of diet with kidney problems

Kathy Morgan wrote:
Does anyone know of a source to purchase potassium, kidney diet food, or
omega-3 supplements online? The Purina NF and Eukanuba Multistage Renal
are not available locally,...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour September 29th 06, 12:47 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 9
Posted By Elizabeth
cat is biting me "for fun"

kitkat via CatKB.com wrote:
I know this seems like obvious advice, but I've read how important it is
never to hit a cat for bad behavior - I wanted to know if yelling or "shaming
him/her" is...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour September 28th 06, 05:36 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 9
Posted By Elizabeth
cat is biting me "for fun"

kitkat via CatKB.com wrote:
My boyfriend and I recently introduced a second cat into our home (that
nightmare is a whole diffferent thread) - the new kitty is 13 months and very
playful. his...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour September 22nd 06, 01:53 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 12
Posted By Elizabeth
Litter Box problems -- advise desperately needed.

Owen Coughlan wrote:
My cat is 17 years old. He has had his fair share of adventures, but is
still in remarkably good health.

However, over the last year he has developed an odd aversion to...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour September 21st 06, 07:10 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 10
Posted By Elizabeth
prescription foods for Kidney disease/failure

22brix wrote:
BTW, Jasmine seems to be feeling better since she started on these
foods (Monday evening) -- she's more active and seems to want to be
part of whatever is going on with the...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour September 21st 06, 02:42 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 32
Posted By Elizabeth
Putting my cat down

What a terrific idea! Seriously -- I know they don't understand the
words we use, but they sure understand the emotions we express, and to
some extent even the meaning of the words to us. When it...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour September 21st 06, 02:33 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 18
Posted By Elizabeth
Pawing at litter...

Crazy paws at the area around the litterbox. All around the litterbox,
which I keep in a spare shower stall (because there's absolutely
nowhere else to...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour September 21st 06, 02:15 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 10
Posted By Elizabeth
prescription foods for Kidney disease/failure

22brix wrote:
"Elizabeth" wrote in message
Hi Bonnie,

Thanks! The vet gave me samples of four...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour September 20th 06, 06:32 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 10
Posted By Elizabeth
prescription foods for Kidney disease/failure

HI Elizabeth,
I've been using Hill's K/D chicken canned food. Molly, my geriatric kitty
seems to like it. I've heard the regular K/D isn't as palatable

Good luck, Bonnie

Hi...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour September 20th 06, 06:30 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 32
Posted By Elizabeth
Putting my cat down

Dear Stacia,
You have my very real sympathy. I still vividly remember going through
this decision for our first cat, Tiger. That was many years ago, but
the memory of how very hard it was is still...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour September 20th 06, 06:14 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 10
Posted By Elizabeth
prescription foods for Kidney disease/failure

Wendy wrote:
My Isabelle is on IVD Modified dry and wet. She likes both. The vet
suggested that because he said, in his experience, a lot of cats don't like
the K/D dry.

Thanks! My...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour September 20th 06, 03:30 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 10
Posted By Elizabeth
prescription foods for Kidney disease/failure

We just found out that Jasmine, our 13-yr-old cuddle-cat has (at a
minimum) kidney disease. We are waiting on the urine test to find out
if it has progressed to CRF yet. But both her vets...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour July 27th 06, 06:08 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 6
Posted By Elizabeth
Kitty that bites...

Susierenee wrote:

It's when I'm petting and nuzzling and skritching, and he gets all
excited that he will bite my fingers -- and they are not soft bites. I
have had to put bandaids on broken...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour July 19th 06, 05:52 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 5
Posted By Elizabeth
litter box problem

As everyone else has noted, it is overwhelmingly likely that this is a
hormonal issue and your boy needs to be neutered NOW. However, my vet
would point out that even when it seem to be hormonal...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour July 19th 06, 05:24 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 1
Posted By Elizabeth
Cat not accepted by other

Another suggestion is to brush all (both) the cats with the same brush,
creating a "community" smell on each.

Elizabeth

Gail wrote:
The older cat has smells from the vet's office. That is why...
Showing results 1 to 16 of 16