Showing results 1 to 25 of 87
Search took 0.00 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Bill Stock[_2_]
Forum: Cat anecdotes July 21st 20, 04:49 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 2
Posted By Bill Stock[_2_]
Odd Smokey behavior

Wow, it's dead in here, just Jill and I. :-)

Smokey always wants a hug when I feed her in the morning before she eats. I'd say this is gratitude, but Smokey is all about Smokey. She doesn't suck up...
Forum: Cat anecdotes July 21st 20, 04:22 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 9
Posted By Bill Stock[_2_]
Barney is gone.

On Tuesday, April 28, 2020 at 9:19:38 AM UTC-4, Magic Mood Jeep wrote:
Barney passed away yesterday morning, at around 9:30 am. He had been declining the past couple of months, and we had an...
Forum: Cat anecdotes October 3rd 19, 03:08 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 1
Posted By Bill Stock[_2_]
Smokey is ringing

I was trying to find my phone the other day, but it was nowhere in site. So I said Alexa, where is my phone? Next thing you know, Smokey starts ringing. She lifted her head, WTF.

I think Smokey...
Forum: Cat anecdotes September 30th 19, 04:08 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 18
Posted By Bill Stock[_2_]
Delicious cat food

On 2019-05-08 1:55 p.m., Tina wrote:
On 05/05/2019 22:08, jmcguown wrote:

Forum: Cat anecdotes September 30th 19, 04:03 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 5
Posted By Bill Stock[_2_]
A slight Ooops

On Wednesday, July 10, 2019 at 3:33:41 PM UTC-4, jmcquown wrote:
I have been doing some house cleaning today. Got out the big sucky
monster, which of course Buffy hates. She ran and hid.

Forum: Cat anecdotes September 28th 19, 09:52 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 7
Posted By Bill Stock[_2_]
Smokey doesn't understand

Smokey actually stayed beside me most of last night. She normally sleeps at the very end of my arm.

Yeah, I'm not sure what to expect from the rehab, I know it's at least six months. Things seemed...
Forum: Cat anecdotes September 28th 19, 12:27 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 7
Posted By Bill Stock[_2_]
Smokey doesn't understand

Tell your SO to get it done while they are younger. The operation itself went smoothly, they do so many of these now. The surgery itself was somewhere around 90 minutes plus. But they screwed up my...
Forum: Cat anecdotes September 27th 19, 03:42 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 7
Posted By Bill Stock[_2_]
Smokey doesn't understand

Actually Smokey is selfish, but what do you expect from a Kat.

Grumpy old bill just had a knee replacement on Monday, which means I can't do some of Smokey's favourite things, snuggling on the...
Forum: Cat anecdotes July 1st 19, 12:45 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 5
Posted By Bill Stock[_2_]
Black water animal?

On Sunday, June 30, 2019 at 9:00:26 AM UTC-4, Helen Wheels wrote:
It looks like a nice spot for a walk. Do you have water rats where you
are? I wonder whether the critters could have been...
Forum: Cat anecdotes June 29th 19, 06:17 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 5
Posted By Bill Stock[_2_]
Black water animal?

Not exactly bush, since the trail runs under the 401 and the north end runs past the airport. It ranges from a 100 feet wide in places to a few hundred yards in other places. You see the most animals...
Forum: Cat anecdotes June 29th 19, 05:21 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 5
Posted By Bill Stock[_2_]
Black water animal?

Sorry, for being away so long, but I've been in the bush. OK, not really, but the creek trail is as close as I get.

Anyway, I was walking over on of the many pedestrian brides along the creek trail...
Forum: Cat anecdotes April 3rd 19, 12:25 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 0
Posted By Bill Stock[_2_]
Smokey has discovered the freezer

Smokey has always known that the fridge is the food box. A few months ago we bought a new upright freezer to replace the aging chest freezer in the basement, but it would not go down the basement...
Forum: Cat anecdotes March 26th 19, 06:07 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 14
Posted By Bill Stock[_2_]
The Raccoon and the Possum

On Tuesday, March 26, 2019 at 11:58:03 AM UTC-4, Jill McQuown wrote:
On 3/25/2019 9:22 PM, Bill Stock wrote:
I've mentioned that we leave food out for a couple of strays and the wildlife...
Forum: Cat anecdotes March 26th 19, 02:22 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 14
Posted By Bill Stock[_2_]
The Raccoon and the Possum

I've mentioned that we leave food out for a couple of strays and the wildlife sometimes gets into it. But the other night I turned on the light and I see a large Raccoon and a Possum at the same...
Forum: Cat anecdotes March 26th 19, 02:03 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 1
Posted By Bill Stock[_2_]
Smokey knows Alexa, but Alexa doesn't know what a cat is

I mentioned a few weeks ago that our furnace blew out and we had to get it replaced. So I bought a new thermostat that does humidity and temperature control. It also comes with Alexa built in, so I...
Forum: Cat anecdotes March 26th 19, 01:16 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 9
Posted By Bill Stock[_2_]
Buffy Now Waits on the Cat Steps in the Dining Room

On Thursday, March 14, 2019 at 8:13:23 PM UTC-4, Jill McQuown wrote:
When I come home from work and she hears the automatic garage door go
up, she looks out the dining room window from the cat...
Forum: Cat anecdotes March 24th 19, 11:36 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 9
Posted By Bill Stock[_2_]
Buffy Now Waits on the Cat Steps in the Dining Room

On Thursday, March 14, 2019 at 8:13:23 PM UTC-4, Jill McQuown wrote:
When I come home from work and she hears the automatic garage door go
up, she looks out the dining room window from the cat...
Forum: Cat anecdotes March 13th 19, 02:36 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 2
Posted By Bill Stock[_2_]
The third thing

I found out last week that I need knee surgery. This is not exactly a surprise, as they should have done it two years ago, but the first surgeon was a tool. This will mean six months of rehab.

On...
Forum: Cat anecdotes March 13th 19, 02:12 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 1
Posted By Bill Stock[_2_]
A fish story

My larger Koi has learned to beg. This is not new to me, my Goldfish used to beg a lot. But it's more amusing when 12" of fish is dancing for you. She has also started to come to the top of the tank...
Forum: Cat anecdotes March 7th 19, 03:06 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 1
Posted By Bill Stock[_2_]
Gentleman

We've been leaving food out for a couple of strays lately, but a rather large Raccoon has been showing up for dinner. The odd thing is that he has been leaving small amounts of food, which he could...
Forum: Cat anecdotes March 7th 19, 02:59 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 2
Posted By Bill Stock[_2_]
Smokey is a robot

Several times now she has got in my face just before the alarm goes off. I wish my internal clock was that accurate. So if she's a robot, how do you explain the stinky poops in the box?
Forum: Cat anecdotes March 7th 19, 02:55 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 11
Posted By Bill Stock[_2_]
Cats are Not Anti-Social

On Friday, January 18, 2019 at 7:56:31 PM UTC-5, Jill McQuown wrote:
Scientific study (and personal experience) proves, cats are not anti-social:

Forum: Cat anecdotes March 7th 19, 02:50 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 2
Posted By Bill Stock[_2_]
Several Days Old Story about a Tiger

On Friday, February 15, 2019 at 10:12:33 AM UTC-5, Jill McQuown wrote:
A tiger was found in the garage of an abandoned house in Houston, Texas,
a few days ago. The person who discovered the...
Forum: Cat anecdotes September 30th 18, 03:50 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 5
Posted By Bill Stock[_2_]
Scardy Cat! (Buffy)

On Saturday, September 29, 2018 at 8:40:50 PM UTC-4, Jill McQuown wrote:
I don't really understand. There are usually afternoon thunderstorms
starting around May every year. It's typical for...
Forum: Cat anecdotes September 28th 18, 09:05 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 6
Posted By Bill Stock[_2_]
Cats terrible for catching rats

On Thursday, September 27, 2018 at 11:25:20 PM UTC-4, Tigger wrote:
https://www.wired.com/story/rats-vs-cats/

IN THE SUMMER of 2017, Michael Parsons found the urban rat haven of his
dreams:...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 87