Showing results 1 to 25 of 47
Search took 0.00 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Poe
Forum: Cat health & behaviour July 7th 09, 12:33 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 7
Posted By Poe
I Think My Kitten Has Cerebellar Hypoplasia

Phil P. wrote:
"Poe" wrote in message

I have a 6-week old foster kitten. He is from a litter of four, with two
Forum: Cat health & behaviour July 7th 09, 02:51 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 7
Posted By Poe
I Think My Kitten Has Cerebellar Hypoplasia

Granby wrote:
Have you taken him to a vet That would be my first move.

Since he belongs to the shelter, I need to go thru them. I talked with
them today, and was told to wait for a call back. I...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour July 7th 09, 02:04 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 7
Posted By Poe
I Think My Kitten Has Cerebellar Hypoplasia

I have a 6-week old foster kitten. He is from a litter of four, with two
dying at birth, and one dying about one day old. He is the sole survivor.

I've been increasingly worried about his motor...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour June 19th 09, 05:51 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 6
Posted By Poe
Wondering about Development of Kitten with no Littermates

Granby wrote:
My cat, Piglet was raised by a dog who, taught her what she needed to know.
Playing with toys is the best idea so as not to teach them than hands mean,
grab and bite. We just...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour June 18th 09, 06:27 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 6
Posted By Poe
Wondering about Development of Kitten with no Littermates

Poe wrote:

when back at the next

I meant "nest", not "next". Augh :-(
Forum: Cat health & behaviour June 18th 09, 06:24 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 6
Posted By Poe
Wondering about Development of Kitten with no Littermates

Hello, all. I am fostering a mamma and her kitten from our shelter. She
had only one baby that lived. He's now 3+ weeks old.

He seems on course wrt general development - eyes/ears open, growing...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour May 10th 09, 02:46 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 3
Posted By Poe
Do you believe in "Declawing"....

Gloria wrote:
of cats? I DON'T.

No. It is their only defense. Even an indoor cat can scurry out
occasionally. Also, due to unforeseen circumstances an indoor cat may
end up with a new owner...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour May 10th 09, 02:40 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 2
Posted By Poe
Do your cats Behave.....

Gloria wrote:
"good.....bad....or a mixture of both? :-)

I would say both of mine do behave really good, no complaints here.

My cats are good to me, but little devils to each other. I...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour March 23rd 09, 08:11 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 30
Posted By Poe
We had to say goodbye to Boo

cybercat wrote:
It was a tumor that had grown into her jaw bone, and the bone was necrotic.
Again, I am amazed at the way cats can hide pain. She scampered and
frolicked and was her usual...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour March 21st 09, 07:01 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 12
Posted By Poe
Need some good thoughts for Boo

cybercat wrote:
Our 14-year-old has had lots of health issues, but has been feisty and tough
through it all. Last thing was last July, a mammary tumor we caught early
that was benign, though...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour March 14th 09, 08:25 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 6
Posted By Poe
Use of Frontline for Dogs on a cat

sideshow wrote:
Has anyone here used this website?
http://www.nomorefleasplease.com/

To quote their website,
Is the formulation for Frontline Plus the same for dogs and cats?
The...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour March 12th 09, 01:08 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 2
Posted By Poe
Hand Raising Orphaned Kittens

wrote:
Hi All,

I was just informed that the web site that folks had been referencing
for my old writeup on hand raising orphaned kittens has finally gotten
around to...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour March 9th 09, 09:17 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 7
Posted By Poe
Update- Cat Cataracts

wrote:
On Mar 9, 12:59 pm, Poe wrote:
Just a quick update on my one year old cat, Peanut, who I posted about
last week asking for information on...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour March 9th 09, 06:10 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 7
Posted By Poe
Update- Cat Cataracts

wrote:
Thanks for the interesting information. It's good that you're going to
follow up on that one eye. Peanut is lucky that surgery might be an
option, since that's...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour March 9th 09, 04:59 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 7
Posted By Poe
Update- Cat Cataracts

Just a quick update on my one year old cat, Peanut, who I posted about
last week asking for information on cataracts. Forgive my use of
layman's terms, but I'm not yet up on the technical terms wrt...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour March 6th 09, 02:27 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 1
Posted By Poe
On Choosing a Vet

wrote:
Lots of stuff recently suggesting that some Vets are better than
others - Surprise, surprise.

Here are a few suggestions on choosing a Vet. Possibly even several
Vets -...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour March 6th 09, 01:06 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 26
Posted By Poe
When An Animal in Your Care is suffering, You don't SIT THEREand do NOTHING

wrote:
On Mar 5, 4:44 pm, Clara Semps wrote:
In article

Our cats are our babies too. But do we spend the money on the older cat
(sometimes...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour March 5th 09, 10:12 PM Posted to alt.med.veterinary,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 23
Posted By Poe
Cat suddenly throwing up after environment change

MaryL wrote:

"Poe" wrote in message
MaryL wrote:

"MaryL" -OUT-THE-LITTER wrote in...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour March 5th 09, 09:01 PM Posted to alt.med.veterinary,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 23
Posted By Poe
Cat suddenly throwing up after environment change

MaryL wrote:

"jamina1" wrote in message
Forum: Cat health & behaviour March 5th 09, 02:14 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 8
Posted By Poe
wasting cat

Noon Cat Nick wrote:
wrote:
we have an eight-year-old longhair mongrel cat who is getting thinner
and thinner despite having a good appetite... she has been in good
Forum: Cat health & behaviour March 4th 09, 06:33 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 13
Posted By Poe
Cat Cataracts

wrote:
On Mar 4, 10:41 am, Poe wrote:
wrote:
We have a cat (who is 8 now) who has cataracts in both eyes. They
Forum: Cat health & behaviour March 4th 09, 06:31 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 13
Posted By Poe
Cat Cataracts

MaryL wrote:

"Poe" wrote in message
Thanks for the feedback. Since everyone sounds on the same page, I
just...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour March 4th 09, 04:56 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 13
Posted By Poe
Cat Cataracts

MaryL wrote:

"Poe" wrote in message
Poe wrote:

Good morning. Yesterday at his annual checkup I was told...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour March 4th 09, 04:41 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 13
Posted By Poe
Cat Cataracts

wrote:
We have a cat (who is 8 now) who has cataracts in both eyes. They
developed at quite a young age, about 2, and we did opt to see an
animal opthamalogist (who we...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour March 4th 09, 04:32 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 13
Posted By Poe
Cat Cataracts

wrote:
On Mar 4, 9:57 am, Poe wrote:
Poe wrote:

Good morning. Yesterday at his annual checkup I was told he had rather
large cataracts in...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 47