Showing results 1 to 25 of 116
Search took 0.13 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Rene
Forum: Cat health & behaviour April 6th 11, 05:04 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 22
Posted By Rene
At Wits End

Refresh my memory--how many boxes do you have and where are they? Have
you tried putting a couple of boxes in the basement near where she has
gone?

Rene
Forum: Cat health & behaviour April 4th 11, 09:46 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 40
Posted By Rene
When should I put my cat down?

It's still warm and winter has not arrived so we don't have much
choice than to leave him outside when we are away. The neigbour is not
going to want to change his dirt box once or twice a...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour April 4th 11, 06:28 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 40
Posted By Rene
When should I put my cat down?

He has lost a lot of weight which I think is caused by the diabetes.
I've changed his food from dry food to canned food (and some dry food
in his bowl. I've also tried giving him colloidal...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour March 31st 11, 02:33 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 40
Posted By Rene
When should I put my cat down?

I have to agree with Phil in saying his quality of life will improve
greatly if you treat his diabetes. Also, since he has kidney disease,
are you giving him sub cutaneous fluids a few times per...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour March 23rd 11, 03:05 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 3
Posted By Rene
Help Introducing New Cats

Hi Talker,

I've done introductions (and re-introductions) several times. The
thing to remember with cats is to take things slowly. It may take
weeks or even months to integrate cats, depending on...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour March 22nd 11, 05:16 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 17
Posted By Rene
16 yr. old cat constantly throwing up

It would help if you could describe the vomiting a little more (I
know, it's sort of gross). When does he vomit and what is in the
vomit?

I agree with jmc in saying that I don't trust...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour March 18th 11, 09:11 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 9
Posted By Rene
Cat Litter Question

The "formula" of clumpable litters is all about marketing. IMO cats
shouldn't be using scented litter. Their sense of smell is ten times
stronger than ours. I can't stand scented litters, so imagine...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour March 8th 11, 03:19 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 8
Posted By Rene
Strange cat behavour

I'm sorry to read this, Brian. I can't answer your question--but I
wanted to offer my best wishes. Spoil him during the time he has left.

Rene
Forum: Cat health & behaviour February 18th 11, 03:42 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 19
Posted By Rene
Boarding v friends v professional sitter for two weeks?

On Feb 18, 8:40*am, "Barb" wrote:
I've used a professional sitter once and he was great but he stopped doing
the work. *I asked my vet and he recommended his assistants...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour February 17th 11, 06:25 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 19
Posted By Rene
Boarding v friends v professional sitter for two weeks?

A couple of initial questions: is your cat on a special diet or
medication, or does she require any special care? If an emergency
should arise, are your friends willing and able to take her to...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour February 3rd 11, 10:25 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 4
Posted By Rene
bald spots on fur

On Feb 3, 9:38*am, "Peter Elem" wrote:
My female spayed cat has been biting her hair out leaving bald spots in
various places on her body. Seems to be constantly scratching...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour January 27th 11, 04:04 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 8
Posted By Rene
Strange cat behavour

IMO you should give your vet a call. At this point, he should be
pretty well healed. It's possible he may have developed a secondary
infection or other ailment that's not even related to the...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour January 21st 11, 09:47 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 1
Posted By Rene
Diet change revisited

I'm glad you took her in, Ken. With the amount of food you were
feeding, that didn't seem normal to me. Crossing my fingers for you.
Forum: Cat health & behaviour January 17th 11, 10:52 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 21
Posted By Rene
Diet change

On Jan 17, 2:02*pm, (---MIKE---) wrote:
After Thanksgiving I noticed that both Amber and Tiger seemed less
interested in their Wellness chicken (canned) food. Suddenly,...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour January 17th 11, 08:15 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 21
Posted By Rene
Diet change

Rene, from what I gather the 'wellness core' is grain free. *Quite frankly,
after reading the label of the one type we get here, I was not impressed.
Corn gluten and other things in there. *We...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour January 17th 11, 03:38 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 21
Posted By Rene
Diet change

Ken,

Something is off here. I've never heard anyone saying these kinds of
things about Wellness before. I can't imagine feeding that amount of
food to a cat without weight gain! (our 14 lb 10 oz....
Forum: Cat health & behaviour January 3rd 11, 04:56 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 8
Posted By Rene
Health issues of male and female cats

I'm not trying to open a can of worms, but if fed a dry-food-only
diet, males are more likely to have urinary tract issues. This isn't
an issue if they are fed a wet (raw or canned) diet.

Other than...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour December 16th 10, 08:27 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 8
Posted By Rene
Young female toilet problems

Have you taken a stool sample to your vet? It's possible she might
have a parasite that is causing pain, and she's searching for another
place that isn't painful. This happened to our kitten--she...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour December 16th 10, 08:24 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 4
Posted By Rene
New kitten spay questions

First, thank you for taking in this kitty. :-) The reason some vets
charge extra is that, while the cat is in heat, the organ tissue
swells and there may be extra surgery time needed to...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour December 2nd 10, 06:46 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 25
Posted By Rene
Moe is slipping away

I am sorry to read this. I think your approach is reasonable. Spoil
him rotten and enjoy every moment you have with him. As the saying
goes "time spent with cats is never wasted." He will tell you...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour November 29th 10, 03:36 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 29
Posted By Rene
Cat-proofing my mattress?

On Nov 27, 7:41*pm, "Rhino"
wrote:
"Rene S." wrote in message

Forum: Cat health & behaviour November 24th 10, 03:23 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 14
Posted By Rene
Tough decision for my cat

Can
cancer grow within 2 weeks?

Oh yes, it can, especially if it's an aggressive kind. I'm assuming
your vet did a biopsy of the first cancer. Perhaps you can get a
biopsy of the current cancer...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour November 23rd 10, 03:35 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 14
Posted By Rene
Tough decision for my cat

Brian,

While 15 is older for a cat, if he is in good health otherwise and you
can afford the surgery, I would certainly have the surgery. Make sure
to get bloodwork done first to see if he's a...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour November 10th 10, 06:13 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 5
Posted By Rene
problem with Elizabethan collar and drinking

How about trying another brand of cone, something like the Comfy Cone?
It's fabric covered and you can sort of roll it back when he wants to
drink without taking it off. You can search for a store on...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour November 9th 10, 08:37 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 10
Posted By Rene
pancreatitis and longevity

Supportive care of pancreatitis also includes subcutaneous fluids. *You
can go to your vet for these, but if it happens often or is needed for
long, that can be expensive, so you may want to...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 116