Showing results 1 to 25 of 30
Search took 0.07 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Cat Guy
Forum: Cat health & behaviour June 16th 11, 04:03 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 9
Posted By Cat Guy
Can Canaural Ear Drops be used to treat inflamed / infected chin?

Rene wrote:

If your cat develops a pustule, watch him/her carefully. Our oldest
developed an infection and needed antibiotics.

We have some left-over prednisone and antibiotics for another cat...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour June 16th 11, 04:00 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 9
Posted By Cat Guy
Can Canaural Ear Drops be used to treat inflamed / infected chin?

Matthew wrote:

The ingredients in Canaural Ear Drops seems ideal for most types
of skin irritations like moderate to severe chin acne in cats.

due to the fact that human drugs can...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour June 14th 11, 12:44 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 9
Posted By Cat Guy
Can Canaural Ear Drops be used to treat inflamed / infected chin?

The ingredients in Canaural Ear Drops seems ideal for most types of skin
irritations like moderate to severe chin acne in cats.

Does anyone know any reason why it can't or should be used for such...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour November 6th 09, 02:44 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav,alt.pets.cats
Replies: 25
Posted By Cat Guy
Looking for broad-spectrum flea/parasite treatment food additive

Bill Graham wrote:

1) what is eqivalent to Revolution, but in oral form?

2) is it true that Revolution is not effective against ticks?

I don't know.....What's, "Revolution"?

The...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour November 5th 09, 02:47 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav,alt.pets.cats
Replies: 25
Posted By Cat Guy
Looking for broad-spectrum flea/parasite treatment food additive

Spider wrote:

I am in the UK and use an on-line animal medication service.

(...)

I guess I was wrong in thinking that there are readers here who actually
care enough for their cats to give them...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour November 5th 09, 02:39 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav,alt.pets.cats
Replies: 25
Posted By Cat Guy
Looking for broad-spectrum flea/parasite treatment food additive

cyberpurrs wrote:

Why can't I just get an answer to these simple questions:

1) what is eqivalent to Revolution, but in oral form?

2) is it true that Revolution is not effective...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour November 5th 09, 02:58 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav,alt.pets.cats
Replies: 25
Posted By Cat Guy
Looking for broad-spectrum flea/parasite treatment food additive

Why can't I just get an answer to these simple questions:

1) what is eqivalent to Revolution, but in oral form?

2) is it true that Revolution is not effective against ticks?
Forum: Cat health & behaviour November 4th 09, 03:42 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav,alt.pets.cats
Replies: 25
Posted By Cat Guy
Looking for broad-spectrum flea/parasite treatment food additive

I believe there are some feline flea, worm and parasite treatments that
can be added to food.

I'm looking for an oral alternative to the topical skin treatment known
as Revolution.

I would like to...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour February 10th 09, 02:59 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 9
Posted By Cat Guy
Question about cat coughing spasms

" wrote:

for which the ones that look possible in this case are asthma
and bronchitis. But the coughing I see looks more like it
was triggered by a reflex (sortof like...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour February 8th 09, 06:21 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 9
Posted By Cat Guy
Question about cat coughing spasms

I've got a couple of cats that exhibit the same occasional fits of
coughing spasms. I would describe these spasms as follows:

Initial onset is rapid, shallow coughs, pretty much identical to...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour November 4th 08, 01:45 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 8
Posted By Cat Guy
Bladder ruptures while treated for urinary blockage by vet -negligence - ???

Candace wrote:

By the way, I hope your cat is okay

The cat has been transfered to the ICU of a regional veterinary
university / teaching hospital. During the past 36 - 48 hours his
hematocrit...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour November 2nd 08, 11:30 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 17
Posted By Cat Guy
Kitty Crisis Averted

Candace wrote:

I about croaked, as you can imagine, since I am totally
overwhelmed with about 10 outdoor cats now.

Good for you. And good for the cats.

Obviously you haven't heard of a...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour November 1st 08, 02:32 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav,rec.pets.cats,alt.pets.cats
Replies: 8
Posted By Cat Guy
Bladder ruptures while treated for urinary blockage by vet - negligence- ???

We currently have a male cat being treated for a urinary obstruction.

Urinary catheter and IV drip has been in place for 36 hours. Cat is at
the vet clinic - not at home.

Today we get a call...
Forum: Cat rescue May 4th 08, 02:20 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.rescue
Replies: 1
Posted By Cat Guy
Kitten rescue

wrote:

We have 2 queens who have had litters on our rural back porch.

Why don't you do the humane, responsible thing and spay the female
cats?

They are not queens. ...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour April 22nd 08, 01:13 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 1
Posted By Cat Guy
Nasal rabies medication

wrote:

my three cats got it a week ago.

Why the nasal version, and not the injectible?
Forum: Cat health & behaviour April 20th 08, 04:34 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 13
Posted By Cat Guy
Former feral cat Behavior

" wrote:

I'm not sure what his complete history is.

I noticed that you didn't answer my first question, which was if both
cats were neutered / spayed.
Forum: Cat health & behaviour April 20th 08, 03:29 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 13
Posted By Cat Guy
Former feral cat Behavior

" wrote:

I adopted two cats one is a former feral.

Are they both neutered / spayed?

He is getting better but when I stand up or walk in his direction
he runs away. ...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour April 19th 08, 03:19 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 6
Posted By Cat Guy
Stray cat I want to bring in - best procedure?

wrote:

Recently, there's been a stray coming around that is very sweet.

If you can handle the cat, then pick it up and put it in a cat-carrier
and take it to your vet.

Tell...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour April 17th 08, 02:08 PM Posted to alt.cats,rec.pets.cats.health+behav,alt.pets.cats
Replies: 29
Posted By Cat Guy
Normal for a cat to vomit a tapeworm vs the worm coming out in thestool?

wrote:

I had a large gray cat named Purr Baby. He' throw up tape worms
from time to time when he got older. He passed last month.

Why not give him a flea treatment like...
Forum: Cat rescue April 17th 08, 01:26 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.rescue
Replies: 3
Posted By Cat Guy
Anyone here?

John Ross Mc Master wrote:

The group was long ago wiped out by spammers and trolls.

The spammers and trolls don't seem to be here anymore...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour April 15th 08, 04:02 AM Posted to alt.cats,rec.pets.cats.health+behav,alt.pets.cats
Replies: 29
Posted By Cat Guy
Normal for a cat to vomit a tapeworm vs the worm coming out in thestool?

balikitty wrote:

So is it normal, or unusual, for the worm to be vomited out?

If you are seeing an actual worm when the cat regurgitates food,
the cat can ingest the worm while grooming....
Forum: Cat health & behaviour April 14th 08, 03:10 AM Posted to alt.cats,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 29
Posted By Cat Guy
Normal for a cat to vomit a tapeworm vs the worm coming out inthe stool?

I'm re-posting this because AMUN removed some of the distrubution
groups before I realized it. I'm restoring them.

AMUN wrote:

Gee whiz. I caused all this trouble ?

Only because my...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour April 14th 08, 03:04 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav,alt.pets.cats,alt.cats
Replies: 29
Posted By Cat Guy
Normal for a cat to vomit a tapeworm vs the worm coming out inthe stool?

-mhd wrote:

Ignore my reply with apologies (heh, maybe I cancelled it in
time). It's multiposting that is bad and crossposting is the
correct form.

hmmmm.

Too late.
Forum: Cat health & behaviour April 14th 08, 03:02 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav,alt.pets.cats,alt.cats
Replies: 29
Posted By Cat Guy
Normal for a cat to vomit a tapeworm vs the worm coming out in thestool?

-mhd wrote:

I've been posting to usenet since 1988.

Clearly clueless since 1988.

You're clearly a moron, or a troll. Your next response will tell me
which one.

Then you should know...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour April 13th 08, 07:38 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav,alt.pets.cats,alt.cats
Replies: 29
Posted By Cat Guy
Normal for a cat to vomit a tapeworm vs the worm coming out inthe stool?

cshenk wrote:

"Cat Guy" wrote:
Is there a reason why you're removing some of the groups I'm
cross-posting to?

Yes, it's considered bad to crosspost like that.

Wrong.
Showing results 1 to 25 of 30