Showing results 1 to 25 of 50
Search took 0.11 seconds.
Forum: Cat health & behaviour January 27th 07, 02:38 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 10
Posted By [email protected]
HELP- My cat has gone insane!

Look, it's been two days, not two years. For all you know, it's
redirected aggression
about something else entirely and isn't even about you. I wouldn't
personalize
it so much, although I know it...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour January 27th 07, 02:24 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 4
Posted By [email protected]
Learn a different Behavior!

Not every cat can adjust to the auto boxes, at least not right away.
Why not supply
an extra litterbox (for #2) for a while, until the 2nd kitten relaxes a
bit. Cats can be slow
about even the...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour January 26th 07, 12:56 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 3
Posted By [email protected]
Spray smell but doesn't linger

Just give him a litle time. It can take 1-2 weeks to totally end the
spraying behavior.
He may just be sprinkling a little bit here and there. It should
totally cease in a week
or two - the hormonal...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour January 20th 07, 07:59 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 117
Posted By [email protected]
Best Method for Declawing a Cat?

Follow your instincts here. They're telling you the right thing - that
declawing
the cats is a really, really bad idea. Your marriage is your marriage,
of course,
but hey, sometimes spouses get ideas...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour January 19th 07, 10:55 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 23
Posted By [email protected]
Will trimmed cat nails still damage leather furmiture?

Hi,

Firstly, declawing shouldn't even be on the table here. You don't cut
off a child's fingers because they fingerpaint on the wall. That's a
boundary that needs to made right now. To solve the...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour January 19th 07, 10:18 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 20
Posted By [email protected]
Need help with anorexic cat

The cat has to be sick, even though the illness is manifesting only in
his eating behavior right now. He's off his food because wating it is
causing him to feel bad in some way, and like you, he's...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour January 12th 07, 02:33 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 22
Posted By [email protected]
PLEASE HELP! Fleas, fleas, FLEAS!

Right. Your vet is basically selling at a little above the on-line
cost. One treatment for $10 is $60 for a sixpack - and the online cost
is $40-$45 or so for six vials. If your vet's throwing in 4...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour January 12th 07, 02:33 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 22
Posted By [email protected]
PLEASE HELP! Fleas, fleas, FLEAS!

Right. Your vet is basically selling at a little above the on-line
cost. One treatment for $10 is $60 for a sixpack - and the online cost
is $40-$45 or so for six vials. If your vet's throwing in 4...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour January 10th 07, 09:10 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 22
Posted By [email protected]
PLEASE HELP! Fleas, fleas, FLEAS!

If you've got fleas in the house, buy a container of "Fleabusters"
powder. You need to get them out of the carpets or flooring in your
home. A jar of powder costs about 22.95. There's not much you...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour December 22nd 06, 08:21 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 9
Posted By [email protected]
Is my cat crazy?

Well ... you didn't properly introduce them and now you're paying the
price. It is fixable, but it will take some time. It's not the cats or
the dogs fault - don't blame either of them - they're just...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour December 11th 06, 04:22 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 14
Posted By [email protected]
Hand raised kittens for sale

What the heck is wrong with you? You'll ship moggie kittens worldwide
to someone you've never even met? Do the kittens a favor and try to
find a local no-kill rescue that will place them for you....
Forum: Cat health & behaviour December 11th 06, 04:18 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 2
Posted By [email protected]
best general book on cats?

The Cornell Book on Cats. It's the best one.

Maxine G wrote:
Hi. Can someone recommend a good, basic reference book on cat health? One
for looking up health questions as they arise.

Forum: Cat health & behaviour December 10th 06, 04:21 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 22
Posted By [email protected]
What breed of cat should my mom get?

No need to get a breed. The common domestic shorthair will do and they
come in all colors - grey, black, brown, orange and striped. Go to a
shelter (www.petfinder.com will give you a comprehensive...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour December 8th 06, 09:38 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 40
Posted By [email protected]
On Ferals

The reason that I posted this was that I had been thinking about some
of thiis stuff since I took over part-time feeder duties for a small
colony of local outdoor cats - and am now working with a...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour December 8th 06, 06:10 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 3
Posted By [email protected]
Moving a cat - and adding another?

Unless you have a very playful ten year old cat, you may find he is
more annoyed than happy to have a kitten. Why not look for a mellow
young adult (2-6 years old) who won't be in your cat's face...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour December 8th 06, 06:04 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 9
Posted By [email protected]
Kitten with Rabies

Well, the obvious answer here is to get the recommended kitten shots at
the recommended kitten ages - not months later. Getting an intial
distemper vaccination at just about six months of age -...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour December 7th 06, 04:41 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 12
Posted By [email protected]
is it best to go ahead or wait?

Sheelagh,

Of course I don't hate you personally, but I do hate what you're doing
and I hate it whether it's once or a kazillion times. Of course there
are breeders worse than you - there's somebody...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour December 6th 06, 08:31 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 10
Posted By [email protected]
Timid cat

You're doing fine. Relax. Cats adjust on cat time, not human time. Look
at it from the cat's point of view - he was free and now he's been
caught by a stranger and confined to a strange place in...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour December 6th 06, 04:28 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 20
Posted By [email protected]
Exotic Snow Bengal/ Manx, extra toed Kittens for sale (150.00 & shipping)

I hate breeders and I wish you wouldn't post here. In your case, this
is even stupider as Bengal/Manx polydactyl mixes aren't a breed =
you're just trying to sell moggie kittens in a world where...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour December 6th 06, 04:26 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 12
Posted By [email protected]
is it best to go ahead or wait?

Sorry, but I hate breeders and your problems really don't interest me.
The only advice I can give you is to STOP making more cats - right now
- and figure out some way to help the millions that are...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour December 5th 06, 07:29 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 40
Posted By [email protected]
On Ferals

http://www.alleycat.org/pdf/TNRnotTNA.pdf
Forum: Cat health & behaviour November 29th 06, 09:53 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 44
Posted By [email protected]
In or out?

By all means, keep the cat inside when she's young. At seven weeks old,
she is far too young - unsupervised or supervised. If you decide to go
indoors/outdoors, do some hard calculating about how...
Forum: Cat community November 28th 06, 06:16 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.community,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 22
Posted By [email protected]
Opinion / helpful suggestions about what to do with a neighborhood cat needed. (LONG)

I'm glad to hear this is the option you're selecting - and I'm
definitely going to encourage you to do whatever you can - pick up some
Frontline - maybe you can make a warm space for him in your...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour November 28th 06, 06:16 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.community,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 25
Posted By [email protected]
Opinion / helpful suggestions about what to do with a neighborhood cat needed. (LONG)

I'm glad to hear this is the option you're selecting - and I'm
definitely going to encourage you to do whatever you can - pick up some
Frontline - maybe you can make a warm space for him in your...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour October 6th 06, 05:39 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 7
Posted By [email protected]
Food Untouched

It stays out until the next meal around here. Sometimes the cats work
on it gradually: sometimes they won't touch it after the first 2 hours
or so. Don't forget they have excellent senses of smell...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 50