Showing results 1 to 25 of 59
Search took 0.08 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Sharon
Forum: Cat anecdotes February 27th 12, 10:29 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 7
Posted By Sharon
purrs for Lily please

Could be kidney failure. Cats not eating can go bad, fast. Don't
hesitate taking her to the vet.

On Feb 27, 2:58*pm, "Irulan" wrote:
Lily is not eating again. She doesn't...
Forum: Cat anecdotes February 9th 12, 11:20 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 132
Posted By Sharon
Vaccinations?

On Feb 8, 10:14*am, "jmcquown" wrote:
It's time for me to take Persia for her annual checkup. *I just know the vet
will want to give her booster shots. *That's all well...
Forum: Cat anecdotes November 15th 11, 11:20 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 4
Posted By Sharon
Still Worried

Maybe he should see the vet. That is a lot of weight loss regardless
of what's going on in his world. Could be thyroid trouble.

On Nov 14, 6:10*pm, CatNipped wrote:
I'm...
Forum: Cat anecdotes November 6th 11, 11:45 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 8
Posted By Sharon
Elderly cats

On Nov 5, 3:08*pm, (wanda Dye) wrote:
I have a cat who has been limping lately. She is about 13 years old and
slightly overweight, The ppl at the health food store sold...
Forum: Cat anecdotes August 6th 11, 09:08 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 3
Posted By Sharon
No posts since Aug. 1?

Is there really no posts since Aug. 1 or is something wrong?
Forum: Cat anecdotes December 19th 10, 11:04 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 15
Posted By Sharon
Lorelei update 12-18-2010

I think cats are afraid of people with shoes on because that means
they are going to the vet or in some cases, the shelter. That has
been the case with my cats. So now, I put them in the carrier...
Forum: Cat anecdotes October 20th 10, 01:29 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 2
Posted By Sharon
Blue Buffalo Catfood

Someone recommended that I try Blue Buffalo Dry Catfood as a treat for
my cat as it has antioxidants and is all "natural".

Does anyone here use this brand and if so, what are your thoughts?
Forum: Cat anecdotes March 2nd 10, 10:58 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 25
Posted By Sharon
HELP! Raccoon (OT)

Jill
There is nothing that I have found that repels raccoons. I would
recommend calling a nuisance trapper who would use a live trap and
take the raccoon away from your neighborhood. They are...
Forum: Cat anecdotes September 16th 09, 11:00 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 5
Posted By Sharon
Hairball remedies

My vet said that using things like Petromalt coats the stomach and the
cats don't absorb nutrients from their food. So it should be used
short term only. My cats won't eat pumpkin. I have had...
Forum: Cat anecdotes September 2nd 09, 10:50 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 31
Posted By Sharon
Rhett has the stink foot again

My cat had foot fungus once. I had carpenters inside doing some work
and kitty must have stepped on something that gave him a little cut.
Then he kept licking it and kept it wet and the fungus...
Forum: Cat anecdotes August 2nd 09, 10:48 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 10
Posted By Sharon
Pic of John + Joe (orange tabby kittens)

They look like they have lived with you since the beginning!!!
Forum: Cat anecdotes July 25th 09, 08:27 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 20
Posted By Sharon
Strange Foods?

I had a cat that loved cantaloupe!! Corn on the cob too!
Forum: Cat health & behaviour July 4th 09, 10:51 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 29
Posted By Sharon
cat needs to lose weight - calorie question

The feeding recommendations are usually on the can or bag. I think
that canned food would be better as it isn't filled with carbs. Cats
don't eat carbs in the wild. Carbs make them fat. Usually 1...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour July 3rd 09, 10:53 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 5
Posted By Sharon
Q on hairball onitment

Temptations for hairballs works great and the cats love to eat the
little treats.
Forum: Cat health & behaviour June 29th 09, 10:53 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 31
Posted By Sharon
Espy not eating

I would treat him for hair balls. Try Temptations.
Forum: Cat anecdotes June 24th 09, 08:51 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 9
Posted By Sharon
Cat hug

Joyce
Not deliberate training - just being handled/raised by a human who
loves them and holds them a lot.

Are you talking about deliberate training, or just the learning that
happens when a...
Forum: Cat anecdotes June 24th 09, 10:51 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 9
Posted By Sharon
Cat hug

My vet says that those hugs are uncommon and come from training when
they were kittens. All the kitties that I raised would hug me when
being held. The kitty that I currently have, was adopted from...
Forum: Cat anecdotes June 6th 09, 10:45 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 16
Posted By Sharon
Abelard walked into a wading pool

I agree. I had a cat with kidney failure who would walk to the lake
that we lived on.
Forum: Cat anecdotes June 2nd 09, 10:51 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 141
Posted By Sharon
Aaargh - busybody neighbor! :(

Don't let your cat outside.

On Jun 2, 1:27�am, wrote:
I have this neighbor who seems to be convinced that I'm starving my cat.
Her concern was touching at first, but now...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour April 14th 09, 10:34 PM Posted to alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 20
Posted By Sharon
Cat gnawing on wires

I had a cat who chewed wires and tobassco sauce, etc. did not help.
He chewed through phone wires constantly. One day, while ironing, the
phone rang and while I answered it, the cat chewed halfway...
Forum: Cat anecdotes December 30th 08, 08:14 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 26
Posted By Sharon
Lids for Fancy Feast

Thanks everyone!! I will check the link that MaryL provided. You
guys are really great!
Forum: Cat anecdotes December 30th 08, 01:15 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 26
Posted By Sharon
Lids for Fancy Feast

Does anyone have a source for lids that fit Fancy Feast cans? My lids
are tearing and I can't find anything that works. Even the ones that
say they fit multiple size cans are too big for Fancy...
Forum: Cat anecdotes December 27th 08, 11:27 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 17
Posted By Sharon
I've had enough (OT)

Jill
I thought the executrix received 10 percent, not 2!!!!
Forum: Cat anecdotes December 14th 08, 09:04 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 6
Posted By Sharon
My CHristmas Gift to You

My dad was born in Paw Paw! What family names do you have from
there? I have Moreland, Youngblood, Largent, McCool, Hiett, Loy.
Sharon
Forum: Cat anecdotes November 22nd 08, 07:56 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 58
Posted By Sharon
My Mother Died

I am shocked and so very sorry Jill.