Showing results 1 to 25 of 286
Search took 0.20 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Wayne Mitchell
Forum: Cat anecdotes May 6th 13, 01:20 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 32
Posted By Wayne Mitchell
Quick Poll: Gravy or No Gravy?

jmcquown wrote:

She was fussy about the gravy thing *years* before she
had kidney problems. I recently made a mistake while
purchasing a dozen cans of FF. I...
Forum: Cat anecdotes April 12th 13, 04:53 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 30
Posted By Wayne Mitchell
Nope, we don't like that food anymore

"EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)" wrote:

how do you force-feed a cat? (Other than intravenously, which
hardly seems warranted after only two days!)

I've done it. Syringes...
Forum: Cat anecdotes January 22nd 13, 01:07 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 1
Posted By Wayne Mitchell
Alan Hovhaness's cat music

Jack Campin wrote:

(I'm currently trying to play the trumpet part from his
"Prayer of St Gregory" on the ocarina - beautiful piece).

Ah! That's a piece I recognize --...
Forum: Cat anecdotes November 22nd 12, 01:55 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 17
Posted By Wayne Mitchell
Cat chew toy?

Bastette wrote:

senior moment ... those big grazing animals that travel in
herds of thousands across the Serengeti. They're lion and
crocodile food. I'm sure I'll...
Forum: Cat anecdotes November 20th 12, 03:07 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 41
Posted By Wayne Mitchell
Are you all happy?

"cshenk" wrote:

I have a problem with *forcing* a religious organization
to have it as part of the healthcare plan they have to add
to all employees for free.

Why should...
Forum: Cat anecdotes November 19th 12, 03:56 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 31
Posted By Wayne Mitchell
Delightful visitor

(---MIKE---) wrote:

This morning I thought I saw a cat walking up my
driveway. When it got closer I saw it was a beautiful
grey fox.

Lucky you. Though they are said...
Forum: Cat anecdotes November 15th 12, 02:54 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 4
Posted By Wayne Mitchell
I outdid myself today

"Joy" wrote:

LOL! Your posts contain such wonderful mental pictures,
I can just see what happened.

I can see it too -- because it happened to me exactly that way a...
Forum: Cat anecdotes November 9th 12, 02:37 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 41
Posted By Wayne Mitchell
Are you all happy?

"Christina Websell" wrote:

What is the "War on Women" ?

It's the war in which Malala Yousafzai was wounded.
--

Wayne M.
Forum: Cat anecdotes October 17th 12, 02:18 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

(---MIKE---) wrote:

It was an earthquake - centered about
100 miles east of here.

Kinda piddlin', as earthquakes go. Wouldn't have made the news in
California, I suspect,...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour October 11th 12, 02:35 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 11
Posted By Wayne Mitchell
Driving cats around town

FragSinatra wrote:

My mom used to take her cat out for short Sunday drives
around the neighborhood at slow speeds (25 MPH). It
seemed like her cat enjoyed the fresh air and...
Forum: Cat anecdotes September 28th 12, 02:31 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 13
Posted By Wayne Mitchell
would your cat go for this?

"Matt Ferrari" wrote:

http://www.ferrari-dvd.com/04/crazycatrequest.jpg

This is obviously a drawing of Will the day I stepped into his walk-in
cage at the shelter in...
Forum: Cat anecdotes August 30th 12, 03:52 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 23
Posted By Wayne Mitchell
Morning routines

"Joy" wrote:

Some cats can free feed, and some can't.

And that can change. Heidi was the first cat I ever had that I couldn't
free feed. She came to me an emaciated waif,...
Forum: Cat anecdotes July 10th 12, 02:20 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 25
Posted By Wayne Mitchell
Ideal home for a cat

"Christina Websell" wrote:

"Marina" wrote in message

Some cats just don't want to be...
Forum: Cat anecdotes July 7th 12, 02:55 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 25
Posted By Wayne Mitchell
Ideal home for a cat

"Christina Websell" wrote:

Is it in an apartment or if they can get outside to hunt a bit?

They each have their own opinions. I've heard of cats who have...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour July 5th 12, 02:42 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 9
Posted By Wayne Mitchell
Choking and vomiting

"Bill Graham" wrote:

No, she tries to bite them into two pieces perhaps, but
this isn't really chewing. You need molars to chew
properly, and cats have no molars.

You're...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour July 5th 12, 02:39 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 9
Posted By Wayne Mitchell
Choking and vomiting

"Bill Graham" wrote:

We have an old one, with no teeth at all.... We try to feed
him just the ground up stuff, or wet food that is shredded
into very small pieces to make it...
Forum: Cat anecdotes June 23rd 12, 04:19 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 4
Posted By Wayne Mitchell
goofy was sent outside for yard patrol

"Matt Ferrari" wrote:

shortly after I found him laying down on the job!

Oh, no! Caught and transfixed by spot of sunlight. Poor lad just
couldn't fight his way...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour June 19th 12, 12:58 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 13
Posted By Wayne Mitchell
feline hyperthyroid?

Gandalf ingold1234(at)yahoo(dot)com wrote:

The radioactive iodine treatment is fairly expensive,
but it does mean you cat doesn't need medication every
day. Some cats are just very difficult...
Forum: Cat anecdotes February 4th 12, 01:57 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 6
Posted By Wayne Mitchell
Purrs for Moxie (a friends cat)

Moxie will get plenty of purrs from Will, who has been a CRF kitty for
half a year now and is doing quite well.

"jmcquown" wrote:

The vet gave her appetite stimulant...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour January 25th 12, 02:36 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 14
Posted By Wayne Mitchell
Aerokat and Flixotide, for feline "asthma"

"Bill Graham" wrote:

A, "puff" for kitty is proportionately smaller than a, "puff"
for a human, so I would think that your cat should also take
a puff a day.

Actually, a...
Forum: Cat anecdotes January 1st 12, 03:46 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 19
Posted By Wayne Mitchell
Do cats eat more in winter?

CatNipped wrote:

Mine have never had problems with their teeth - I think that
has more to do with the luck of the genetic draw than what
food they eat.

I'm sure that...
Forum: Cat anecdotes December 9th 11, 01:18 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 27
Posted By Wayne Mitchell
Typical Archer

wrote:

Although I might call that more like an attractive danger.

That's why it's considered a term of art -- because it's meaning is
different from common usage. "Nuisance"...
Forum: Cat anecdotes December 9th 11, 01:45 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 27
Posted By Wayne Mitchell
Typical Archer

CatNipped wrote:

gotta love somebody that trained and practiced in his art!

Speaking of "art": There is a term of art in the legal field,
"attractive nuisance". In that...
Forum: Cat anecdotes December 7th 11, 05:58 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 1
Posted By Wayne Mitchell
Meowmie has gone stoopid

"Pat" wrote:

Meowmie'is in the bathroom washing her face like crazy
and I'm telling on her, ha ha ha! You all will not
BELIEVE how stoopid she is.

Hi, Lily. When...
Forum: Cat anecdotes December 7th 11, 02:48 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 5
Posted By Wayne Mitchell
OT - One Lsat One

CatNipped wrote:

my hands and feet are *COLD*!!!!

A microwave oven and several pillows filled with corn/rice/barley or
what-have-you. Those things are heavenly!

And...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 286