Showing results 1 to 25 of 46
Search took 0.05 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Gail[_2_]
Forum: Cat health & behaviour October 19th 08, 03:50 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 4
Posted By Gail[_2_]
Going to move the litter box.

You should have two boxes for one cat. Show her (repeatedly) where you are
moving the new box.
Gail
"James" wrote in message...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour October 4th 08, 08:54 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 5
Posted By Gail[_2_]
Cat poops on rug.

Could be a medical problem. He should be checked by a vet firstly.
Gail
wrote in message
We have 3 cats and one...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour September 21st 08, 04:14 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 2
Posted By Gail[_2_]
Feeling very sad

The cats became ill very suddenly and died 24 hours later, is what they
said. I think it was a very virulent strain.
Gail
wrote in message...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour September 20th 08, 04:11 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 2
Posted By Gail[_2_]
Feeling very sad

A cat rescue near me had an outbreak of feline calicivirus. They lost 82
cats. The disease did not discriminate between adults or kittens. Has anyone
experienced this? Thanks in advance.
Gail
Forum: Cat health & behaviour May 8th 08, 02:23 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 15
Posted By Gail[_2_]
Look what I found...

Beautiful. I'm so glad you rescued them.
Gail
"Phil P." wrote in message
...in a shelter scheduled to be killed that night-- because they're "so...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour May 8th 08, 02:22 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 12
Posted By Gail[_2_]
Introductions not going well

I would let the new cat wander into the house. Leave the gate open so she
can return. Supervise the cats. Hissing is not a problem. I would separate
them if they actually fight. After a time of...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour April 19th 08, 06:12 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 13
Posted By Gail[_2_]
Former feral cat Behavior

It takes much time and patience. Remeber to speak softly to him and to sit
(quietly) in the room when you feed him. Also, try interactive toys with him
(ie. a feather on wand). Do you let the cats...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour March 14th 08, 11:06 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 13
Posted By Gail[_2_]
Euthanasia - The Second-Guessing

I once read on this newsgroup "better a little too soon than a little too
late" with regard to euthanasia. I agree with this. I had my 17 year old cat
with fibrosarcoma euthanized and she was still...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour March 8th 08, 11:07 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 10
Posted By Gail[_2_]
More questions regarding stray cat

She acts that way with your husband because he fed her when she was outside
so she "knows" him. She will love you in time, also.
Gail
"blkcatgal" wrote in message...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour March 8th 08, 04:57 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 10
Posted By Gail[_2_]
More questions regarding stray cat

Make sure you are the one that feeds her and speaks softly to her. Get one
of those feathers on a wand and play with her (interactive play). In time
she will grow to trust you. It will take time...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour March 3rd 08, 03:38 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 6
Posted By Gail[_2_]
New Kitten Worries

I've always had a weakness for black cats, also. I once had 4 of them at
once. I used to confuse some of them and ran down the list of all four names
when calling them.
Gail
"T"...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour March 2nd 08, 07:40 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 6
Posted By Gail[_2_]
New Kitten Worries

Do not give him milk. THis may cause diarrhea. You should bring a stool
sample to the vet to check for parasites. Young kittens often have worms.
Feed high quality canned kitten...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour February 28th 08, 01:56 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 6
Posted By Gail[_2_]
Need help with stray cat (kinda long)

Yes, slowly introducing her to the other cats is the key. You can keep her
in the enclosure and gradually let the other cats see her (inside the
enclosure). They will hiss initially and this is to...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour February 25th 08, 05:47 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 4
Posted By Gail[_2_]
Tiddles update

Love the pix!! Thanks for posting.
Gail
"BLOGGZPOT" wrote in message
Tiddles is doing...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour February 25th 08, 02:55 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 16
Posted By Gail[_2_]
Becoming Very Discouraged - Heartbreaking

Keep him in a room of his own with a litter box, bed, food, and water. See
if he will use the box if restricted to a smaller space. He is still
recuperating and it will take time for him not to...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour February 21st 08, 11:28 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 1
Posted By Gail[_2_]
update on older adopted cat

Thanks for the update. It's good that you see that your other cat is
reinforcing her fear (by standing guard at the stairs.). I think it time,
all will be OK. The pecking order (establishing it)...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour February 16th 08, 01:09 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 3
Posted By Gail[_2_]
Please help-strange behavior

Is the male eating, urinating, and defecating normally? If they both seem OK
physically, I think it is just a short term "blip" in their relationship.
Sometimes cats will become aggressive with...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour February 14th 08, 11:13 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 5
Posted By Gail[_2_]
need advice...blending an older adopted cat into the household

It takes less time with a kitten and more time with an adult cat.
Personality is also an issue, especially for an adult cat. I would continue
to do what you are doing. Bring her upstairs and stay...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour February 10th 08, 07:05 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 3
Posted By Gail[_2_]
kidney disease crf and overweight cat question

If he will not eat the renal food, ask the vet which of the regular foods
would be best for a cat with renal failure. I know dry food is not good
either for obesity or renal failure.
Gail
"eden"...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour February 7th 08, 07:13 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 3
Posted By Gail[_2_]
input needed

Thank you for your response!!
Gail
"hopitus" wrote in message
On Feb 6, 5:17 pm, "Gail"...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour February 7th 08, 12:17 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 3
Posted By Gail[_2_]
input needed

I have two indoors, active cats (ages 2 and 4 years) and am considering
adopting a third one. Has anyone tried integrating a deaf cat into a
household that already has cats? I am wondering if a...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour January 30th 08, 03:42 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 4
Posted By Gail[_2_]
Cat Peeing On Bath Rug?

He needs to see a vet to rule out a urinary tract infection. Urinating
outside of the box is a classic symptom. Also, you should provide him with
two boxes since many cats do not like to urinate...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour January 26th 08, 12:47 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 21
Posted By Gail[_2_]
Questions About Black Cats, Genetics and Feral Cats

This cat is not feral. Sounds like she may have been abandoned. Have her vet
checked and then slowly integrate her into your home. You must isolate her
in a room by herself and slowly introduce her...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour January 25th 08, 12:58 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 5
Posted By Gail[_2_]
Cat Bowls

I see no reason why it would cause any problem.
Gail
"Indiana_John" wrote in message
Just wondering if...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour January 17th 08, 02:21 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 5
Posted By Gail[_2_]
Is Nuggy sick?

Try switching him to canned food.