Showing results 1 to 25 of 42
Search took 0.88 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: John A
Forum: Cat anecdotes December 31st 11, 07:42 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 4
Posted By John A
The Mousehole Cat: Radio Broadcast

Long time since I've posted here, but those who like cat stories might
be interested in "The Mousehole Cat" by Antonia Barber, broadcast on
BBC Radio 4 Extra on Christmas Day and which may be...
Forum: Cat anecdotes October 3rd 10, 09:54 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 8
Posted By John A
Homing Purrs for Oskar please

Not one of my owners, and I don't even know his slaves, but posters
have gone up in my neighbourhood for a tabby lad by the name of Oskar
who's been missing for a week. I'm sure his slaves would...
Forum: Cat anecdotes December 22nd 09, 08:04 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 0
Posted By John A
Paw Tracks in the Moonlight - UK BBC Radio 4

Currently being read on UK BBC Radio 4 is "Paw Tracks in the
Moonlight", a story by Dennis O'Connor about his rescuing an orphaned
kitten in Northumberland. Read by Kevin Whately (Lewis from...
Forum: Cat anecdotes August 26th 09, 09:13 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 0
Posted By John A
OTish: Leopard and a very brave mouse

Apologies if this has been posted here before, but this is a mouse with
guts!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1190772/What-squeak-Daring-mouse-
whos-boss-scares-leopard-steals-lunch.html

or...
Forum: Cat anecdotes May 15th 09, 10:08 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 42
Posted By John A
Baby Boy Bengal (unknown birth day - May 15, 2009)

In article
,
Annie wrote:

Actually, he wasn't a baby. I have no idea how old he was. I tried
to...
Forum: Cat anecdotes April 27th 09, 08:13 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 95
Posted By John A
Steel yourselves - it's the worst news

In article , Christina Websell
wrote:

I have found out what has happened to Kitty Farmcat. Someone found her
nearby and...
Forum: Cat anecdotes March 20th 09, 08:45 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 73
Posted By John A
Lindy is gone

In article , Joy
wrote:

Lindy woke me up this morning, vomiting on the bed. It looked like clear
fluid and blood. There wasn't a...
Forum: Cat anecdotes February 11th 09, 08:56 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 6
Posted By John A
Weird

In article , Christina Websell
wrote:

I signed on to my computer a few minutes ago and all my newsgroups were
there...
Forum: Cat anecdotes January 23rd 09, 10:23 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 4
Posted By John A
Everyone needs a laugh right now

In article , jmcquown
wrote:

Herding cats... it can be done lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SmgLtg1Izw

Jill

Thanks, I just...
Forum: Cat anecdotes January 7th 09, 08:37 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 28
Posted By John A
Kitty Farmcat gives cause for concern

In article , Christina Websell
wrote:

well - because of her extreme age. I knew that.
KFC could use a few purrs.

Forum: Cat anecdotes September 6th 08, 06:44 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 20
Posted By John A
Purr request for a pretty, homeless Siamese

In article
,
GaDragonfly wrote:

Thank you all for purrs for ShopCat, as we called her...you have to
Forum: Cat anecdotes August 29th 08, 07:25 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 7
Posted By John A
Advice: Feeding Two Cats Differently

The terrible two to TED's yesterday for their annual vaccination and
check-up. I felt real sorry for the poor lass when, after she'd
struggled with a wriggling Rhia to get her to stay still for...
Forum: Cat anecdotes August 20th 08, 08:55 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 31
Posted By John A
Goodbye sweet Tiger

In article , Nanny
wrote:

Tiger went to the Rainbow Bridge almost an hour ago at the vet, he died
peacefully and with a fur...
Forum: Cat anecdotes July 25th 08, 09:49 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 13
Posted By John A
The Princess Rita and the Thunderstorm

In article
,
Jane wrote:

We had a lovely storm tonight. Booming thunder, torrents of rain,
lightning, and...
Forum: Cat anecdotes July 24th 08, 11:00 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 2
Posted By John A
We Two are Three

It's the Dynamic Duo's third Purrday today (not sure which one's Batman
and which is Robin!). Lots of cuddles and plenty of meezer mischief, so
just like any other day really.

Any thoughts that they...
Forum: Cat anecdotes July 10th 08, 11:10 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 8
Posted By John A
[OT] Telescopes

In article , Yowie
wrote:

Anyone know much about telescopes? I was given a Tasco 66TE one with some
extra eyepieces. I am...
Forum: Cat anecdotes June 4th 08, 09:26 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 22
Posted By John A
Change of Plans

Well, at least you thought of it before you did the trip. I usually get
the 'why didn't I' moment when it's too late.

Purrs for a boring trip (these are always the best).

John, servant to their...
Forum: Cat anecdotes May 23rd 08, 10:09 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 24
Posted By John A
Nanki-Poo's check-up

In article , Joy
wrote:

Nanki-Poo had his first visit to the oncologist since the radiation
treatments ended. The doctor said...
Forum: Cat anecdotes May 23rd 08, 09:56 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 22
Posted By John A
Aftermath of I Was Robbed! :-( Bye My Sweet GARRR

In article , :-\)Liz wrote:

My sweet innocent Garrr(Garfunkle)..My "Crank Tail (as he had a HALF tail
that looked like crank) My Blind Bat (as he was...
Forum: Cat anecdotes May 13th 08, 08:42 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 53
Posted By John A
Update KFC (GW)

In article , Christina Websell
wrote:

She's been doing well, appetite wise, since she was home from hospital, but
her...
Forum: Cat anecdotes April 23rd 08, 10:56 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 31
Posted By John A
KFC update 2

In article , Christina Websell
wrote:

I am sure you have done the right thing. Loud Siamese purrs for you
and KFC.

John,...
Forum: Cat anecdotes April 23rd 08, 10:49 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 8
Posted By John A
Arrggghhh! Cats!

In article , Joy
wrote:

I don't know what I'm going to do with these cats! I give them as much
freedom as possible, but I...
Forum: Cat anecdotes April 12th 08, 06:46 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 18
Posted By John A
Dealing with Terrorists (Nocturne Wins)

In article
,
Enfilade wrote:

We have had no choice but to concede to the Phantom Piddler.

Forum: Cat anecdotes April 8th 08, 10:49 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 4
Posted By John A
KFW: A "squirm" of kittens

In article ,
Kreisleriana wrote:

http://mfrost.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/2008/04/07/kittenpile.jpg

Wow, that's...
Forum: Cat anecdotes April 7th 08, 09:33 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 21
Posted By John A
You have been a cat owner to long when....

In article
,
wrote:

1) Your cat walks into the lounge, meows at you, you meow back and
then you...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 42