Showing results 1 to 25 of 72
Search took 0.02 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Eddy[_2_]
Forum: Cat health & behaviour November 23rd 11, 05:43 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 5
Posted By Eddy[_2_]
How Can I Keep My Cat Off Kitchen Counters?

Persian wrote:
Q. My cat is always jumping up on tables and kitchen counters. When I
think about where those paws have been, I know he needs to stay on the
ground. What can I do?

Interesting...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour November 23rd 11, 05:29 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 34
Posted By Eddy[_2_]
using Flixotide via Aerokat

Hi Wayne,

Just looking through old posts in my newsreader and see your helpful
posts of a while back and am reminded to thank you very much for your
last post to me via the FAIM group.

You...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour November 17th 11, 06:06 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 14
Posted By Eddy[_2_]
Aerokat and Flixotide, for feline "asthma"

Gandalf wrote:
I worked very closely with my vet when my cat was sick, and she knew I
didn't have much money. She offered to write prescriptions for Kenzie's
medications, so I could get them at...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour November 15th 11, 06:43 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 3
Posted By Eddy[_2_]
Male cat getting underfoot

John Doe wrote:
My first male cat has been around for five years. Sometimes, I am
walking around, maybe in a hurry doing stuff, but not really
paying attention to him (in other words... not...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour November 15th 11, 06:39 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 34
Posted By Eddy[_2_]
using Flixotide via Aerokat

Wayne Mitchell wrote:

Will and I are old hands, and it has been a long time since I stopped to
read the manufacturer's directions. It surprises me that it now says
once a day. Very few...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour November 14th 11, 04:29 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 14
Posted By Eddy[_2_]
Aerokat and Flixotide, for feline "asthma"

Malcom \Mal\ Reynolds wrote:

f the vet prescribed it, what did the vet tell you?

Vet was unfortunately rather vague. Used to dealing with big animals, I
think.

you might see what you can...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour November 14th 11, 03:53 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 14
Posted By Eddy[_2_]
Aerokat and Flixotide, for feline "asthma"

Gandalf wrote:

If you are getting the asthma medications directly from your vet, just
call some pharmacies, and see if you can buy the same medication for
less. Then, just ask for vet for a...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour November 13th 11, 02:46 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 14
Posted By Eddy[_2_]
Aerokat and Flixotide, for feline "asthma"

Gandalf wrote:
Using systemic steroids, via injection or by oral administration will
control the asthma, but corticosteroids used long term take a VERY heavy
toll on cats and humans, later in...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour November 12th 11, 02:01 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 14
Posted By Eddy[_2_]
Aerokat and Flixotide, for feline "asthma"

Some of you were very kind with your views two months ago when Puss here
developed serious asthma attacks. Since then the vet has been
experimenting and the latest experiment was to give him a...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour November 12th 11, 01:48 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 34
Posted By Eddy[_2_]
using Flixotide via Aerokat

Hi Wayne,

Well, two months have gone by and in that time the vet has used a
step-by-step method that has been as easy on Puss as possible.

Firstly Puss was put on a ten-day course of antibiotics....
Forum: Cat health & behaviour September 15th 11, 06:54 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 34
Posted By Eddy[_2_]
7-year-old cat with "smoker's cough" !

Rene wrote:

I agree with Bill's suggestion. Also, what kind of home cleansers or
air fresheners do you use? I've will use only certain things,
especially floors, where cats' faces are much...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour September 15th 11, 06:51 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 34
Posted By Eddy[_2_]
7-year-old cat with "smoker's cough" !

honeybunch wrote:
I think youre on to something here with the new detergent. I dont
think you live in the USA but you must have similar detergents to our
Free and Clear detergents. Its really...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour September 15th 11, 06:47 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 34
Posted By Eddy[_2_]
7-year-old cat with "smoker's cough" !

Bill Graham wrote:
If he is an "inside cat", you may be able to help him (and yourself) with an
air filtration device. There are several on the market that sit in the
middle of the room and...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour September 15th 11, 06:23 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 34
Posted By Eddy[_2_]
7-year-old cat with "smoker's cough" !

Rene S. wrote:
Take him to a vet and get a thoracic radiograph. Chances are it will
show the diagnostic "donuts and tramlines" which are caused by thickened
bronchial walls and trapped...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour September 12th 11, 06:37 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 34
Posted By Eddy[_2_]
7-year-old cat with "smoker's cough" !

Bill Graham wrote:
When I retired, I didn't know how much of my time was going to be spent with
cats. Had I known, I probably would have retired near to UC Davis, where
their veternary...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour September 10th 11, 07:03 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 34
Posted By Eddy[_2_]
7-year-old cat with "smoker's cough" !

Bill Graham wrote:
Well, allergies seem to develop with time. People who work in animal
shelters seldom last more than five years or so. Wait until this fall, when
he stops shedding. Perhaps...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour September 10th 11, 07:01 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 34
Posted By Eddy[_2_]
7-year-old cat with "smoker's cough" !

honeybunch wrote:

Have you considered allergies? Is he an outdoor cat? Have you made
any changes in household?

Hi, Honeybunch. Only last night did I start to consider the possibility
of...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour September 9th 11, 03:58 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 34
Posted By Eddy[_2_]
7-year-old cat with "smoker's cough" !

Bill Graham wrote:

Well, if he was a Human, you would get him a "CAT" scan. (No pun intended)
But, since he's just a cat, there wouldn't be much you could do about it if
he has some kind of...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour September 9th 11, 03:53 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 34
Posted By Eddy[_2_]
7-year-old cat with "smoker's cough" !

---MIKE--- wrote:

When I had Ike (RB) he had the same symptoms. It was asthma and the vet
would give him a prednisone shot. This would stop the attacks right
away. The relief would last...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour September 9th 11, 03:51 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 34
Posted By Eddy[_2_]
7-year-old cat with "smoker's cough" !

Wayne Mitchell wrote:

This sounds like a classic asthma attack. My Will would do this a dozen
times a day before we got his asthma under control.

Take him to a vet and get a thoracic...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour September 8th 11, 09:59 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 34
Posted By Eddy[_2_]
7-year-old cat with "smoker's cough" !

Does anyone recognise the following?

Puss will be sleeping happily and then he'll start "coughing". It seems
he's trying to move something. He keeps on coughing but whatever it is
doesn't move or...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour July 24th 09, 11:25 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 63
Posted By Eddy[_2_]
Update: re talk to vet, re painless death possible?

Hi Everyone,

I promised some of you who have been very helpful with our dilemma an
update following our talk with our vet regarding the awful way in which
our cat was put to sleep.

We saw the vet...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour July 19th 09, 02:33 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 63
Posted By Eddy[_2_]
Cats: is a "painless end" possible?

Michelle C. wrote:
Thirdly, your cat may have just been struggling against the presence of
a stranger and be handled by said stranger. And/or even if the
medication didn't directly cause...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour July 19th 09, 01:12 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 63
Posted By Eddy[_2_]
is a "painless end" possible?

Michelle C. wrote:
As a person who used to live in a rural community myself, I don't think
it hurts to share your concerns with the vet as long as you're a matter
of fact and not...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour July 17th 09, 06:21 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 63
Posted By Eddy[_2_]
is a "painless end" possible?

Granby wrote:

Pretty simple, to me. You know people who have had their vet do the shave,
give the shots thing while the owner is controlling the pet. NO jab the
needle or hold the cat by...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 72