Showing results 1 to 25 of 25
Search took 1.08 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Sharon Too
Forum: Cat health & behaviour September 30th 08, 06:02 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav,alt.med.veterinary,alt.cats
Replies: 20
Posted By Sharon Too
Carbon Monoxide other euthanesia

Gunshot
"Recommendations-When other methods cannot be used, an accurately
delivered gunshot is a conditionally snipped for brevity

Since a target has to be completely still in order for...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour September 28th 08, 07:02 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav,alt.med.veterinary,alt.cats
Replies: 20
Posted By Sharon Too
Carbon Monoxide other euthanesia

Using CO2 is a very, VERY bad way to 'euthanize' any animal.

It's not euthanasia ("painless death"). CO2 is murder.
Forum: Cat health & behaviour September 26th 08, 02:53 AM Posted to alt.med.veterinary,rec.pets.cats.health+behav,alt.cats
Replies: 15
Posted By Sharon Too
Saving money on consult fees

Please read the original post carefully. This has nothing to do with
making a diagnosis, but a simple inquiry as to whether or not a clinic
can or does do a certain procedure (not ear cropping...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour September 24th 08, 06:45 AM Posted to alt.med.veterinary,rec.pets.cats.health+behav,alt.cats
Replies: 15
Posted By Sharon Too
Saving money on consult fees

The OP was not asking for that.

Then the OP needs to learn to make logical statements.

Sounds like you're trying to pick a fight, or you have a reading
comprehension problem.

Blather. Put...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour September 24th 08, 01:34 AM Posted to alt.med.veterinary,rec.pets.cats.health+behav,alt.cats
Replies: 15
Posted By Sharon Too
Saving money on consult fees

If your pet is sick and requires more than simple vaccinations or special
food, do NOT go to a vet who refuses to tell you over the phone if he
generally can do such and such a procedure or...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour September 4th 08, 02:16 AM Posted to alt.med.veterinary,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 29
Posted By Sharon Too
Feline shots question

How does the pet insurance
thing work for an average vet? Do the companies that hold the
insurance pay you just like a person's health insurance? It's so
relatively new that I'm a little leary of...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour September 3rd 08, 08:12 PM Posted to alt.med.veterinary,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 29
Posted By Sharon Too
Feline shots question

Not surprising that pet insurance is getting so popular. Most people
can't afford the vet bills anymore.

It's tough all over. We own a practice and we've taken personal pay cuts,
withheld a...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour August 21st 08, 04:31 AM Posted to alt.med.veterinary,rec.pets.cats.health+behav,soc.college.admissions
Replies: 29
Posted By Sharon Too
Feline shots question

They should be interviewed by skilled, trained interviewers to eliminate
those individuals who lack good character and motivations to become
veterinarians. They used to do this at Harvard for...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour August 21st 08, 01:31 AM Posted to alt.med.veterinary,rec.pets.cats.health+behav,soc.college.admissions
Replies: 29
Posted By Sharon Too
Feline shots question

Hard to say if you're being facetious, but yes, it DOES seem to
frequently be about money, which is another good reason to wonder who
the idiots are that screen pre-vet candidates and allow...
Forum: Cat community July 16th 08, 09:52 PM Posted to alt.med.veterinary,rec.pets.cats.community
Replies: 8
Posted By Sharon Too
Over the counter dewormer pills question

This is nuts. My advice is to find a vet who will sell you a pill.
Shop around.

Veterinarians, like doctors, are restricted by state law with regard to
prescription medication. States require...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour March 26th 08, 02:27 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav,alt.med.veterinary
Replies: 24
Posted By Sharon Too
polyps, steroids, average vet's capabilities

........Dream on. Most vets I've been to do NOT do inhouse
histopathology.
They simply do not have enough experience as it's a separate field. In a
perfect world the diagnosis would be...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour March 21st 08, 11:54 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav,alt.med.veterinary
Replies: 24
Posted By Sharon Too
polyps, steroids, average vet's capabilities

It would be nice if someone actually READ my posts and saw that I
asked several important questions, and price was only one of them.
Maybe I need to bring down my language to a layman's level...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour March 21st 08, 10:52 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav,alt.med.veterinary
Replies: 24
Posted By Sharon Too
polyps, steroids, average vet's capabilities

Disagree completely. A good experienced clinician CAN tell you the most
cost efficient and best route to take. That is THEIR JOB. Should be easy
for anyone knowledgeable in the field especially...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour March 21st 08, 10:23 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav,alt.med.veterinary
Replies: 24
Posted By Sharon Too
polyps, steroids, average vet's capabilities

What is the estimated cost to determine the exact cause of the nostril
problem? If malignant what can I guess will be the cost of surgery.
What clinical tests would find the cause most...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour February 12th 08, 08:22 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav,alt.med.veterinary
Replies: 10
Posted By Sharon Too
Red, raw nose on cat, OUCH :-(

It won't be cheap though. It cost over $1000 to have the teeth pulled
on an elderly cat that I adopted, but it solved the problems.

(BTW, it is National Pet Dental health Month) :-)

Boy, we'd...
Forum: Cat community November 15th 07, 04:32 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.community,rec.pets.cats.health+behav,rec.pets.dogs.health
Replies: 13
Posted By Sharon Too
Flotsam and Jetsam

Don't fall for it Sharon. It is simple troll 101 Get a good laugh out of
it or turn it around on them. ;-)

No problem. Thanks for the heads up.
Forum: Cat health & behaviour November 15th 07, 04:32 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.community,rec.pets.cats.health+behav,rec.pets.dogs.health
Replies: 13
Posted By Sharon Too
Flotsam and Jetsam

Don't fall for it Sharon. It is simple troll 101 Get a good laugh out of
it or turn it around on them. ;-)

No problem. Thanks for the heads up.
Forum: Cat health & behaviour November 14th 07, 10:30 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.community,rec.pets.cats.health+behav,rec.pets.dogs.health
Replies: 13
Posted By Sharon Too
Flotsam and Jetsam

Again to the other poster, what "billing" since you all seem to demand
full payment immediately? Why do you need someone to bill for you?

We let our established clients bill. But not new...
Forum: Cat community November 14th 07, 10:30 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.community,rec.pets.cats.health+behav,rec.pets.dogs.health
Replies: 13
Posted By Sharon Too
Flotsam and Jetsam

Again to the other poster, what "billing" since you all seem to demand
full payment immediately? Why do you need someone to bill for you?

We let our established clients bill. But not new...
Forum: Cat community November 14th 07, 10:28 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.community,rec.pets.cats.health+behav,rec.pets.dogs.health
Replies: 13
Posted By Sharon Too
Flotsam and Jetsam

And, in answer to the other poster, posing as a veterinarian,

I never "posed" as a veterinarian. I am a practice manager/owner and stated
as such. Again, if you have specific questions about the...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour November 14th 07, 10:28 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.community,rec.pets.cats.health+behav,rec.pets.dogs.health
Replies: 13
Posted By Sharon Too
Flotsam and Jetsam

And, in answer to the other poster, posing as a veterinarian,

I never "posed" as a veterinarian. I am a practice manager/owner and stated
as such. Again, if you have specific questions about the...
Forum: Cat community November 14th 07, 01:58 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.community,rec.pets.cats.health+behav,rec.pets.dogs.health
Replies: 13
Posted By Sharon Too
Flotsam and Jetsam

He is just someone off their meds. he started about 3 months ago. Since
than it has been doing what you see using about 7 or 8 different display
names always from the same server...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour November 14th 07, 01:58 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.community,rec.pets.cats.health+behav,rec.pets.dogs.health
Replies: 13
Posted By Sharon Too
Flotsam and Jetsam

He is just someone off their meds. he started about 3 months ago. Since
than it has been doing what you see using about 7 or 8 different display
names always from the same server...
Forum: Cat community November 13th 07, 10:40 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.community,rec.pets.cats.health+behav,rec.pets.dogs.health
Replies: 13
Posted By Sharon Too
Flotsam and Jetsam

Indeed - a vet practices needs at a minimum a reception person who can
perform billing etc, a technician and the vet themselves.

But many of those people are veterinary school interns.

We...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour November 13th 07, 10:40 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.community,rec.pets.cats.health+behav,rec.pets.dogs.health