Showing results 1 to 25 of 211
Search took 0.01 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: nik Simpson
Forum: Cat anecdotes April 29th 13, 05:56 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 10
Posted By nik Simpson
Where's my rabbit surprise?

It's spring and my cats are "hunting wabbit". Woke up this morning and
the living room was covered in rabbit fur, but no sign of the
unfortunate owner of the fur. So far no sign of the corpse,...
Forum: Cat anecdotes March 29th 13, 02:41 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 3
Posted By nik Simpson
Rose is a demon mouser

Rose,the name I settled on for the Tortie kitten, after the character in
Two and Half Man that was always stalking Charlie Sheen as she's adopted
a similar tactic with Custer and keeps ambushing...
Forum: Cat anecdotes March 26th 13, 10:17 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 32
Posted By nik Simpson
Amber RB

On 3/26/2013 3:50 PM, ---MIKE--- wrote:
About 2:00 this afternoon Amber started twitching her legs. I made a
vet appointment for 3:45. When I put her in the carrier she had stopped
breathing....
Forum: Cat anecdotes March 26th 13, 08:37 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 13
Posted By nik Simpson
I've Created a Monster

My lot are particularly fond of Goodlife Recipe Catnip treats, I only
have to shake the bag and they appear from all over the house in seconds ;-)
--
Nik Simpson
Forum: Cat anecdotes March 25th 13, 07:55 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On 3/25/2013 6:56 AM, ---MIKE--- wrote:
She has been fading recently. She was eating very little and drinking a
lot of water. Yesterday she didn't eat any supper. Last night she
stayed on my...
Forum: Cat anecdotes March 4th 13, 11:02 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 2
Posted By nik Simpson
It's all fun and games until...

Had to take Libby to the vet this morning, her left eye has a burst
blood vessel, the vet couldn't find any obvious cause and think she
probably collided with something while chasing Rose around...
Forum: Cat anecdotes February 20th 13, 11:49 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 2
Posted By nik Simpson
Seen it all now

On 2/20/2013 3:28 PM, Judith Latham wrote:
In article
,
Lesley wrote:
I usually make breakfast...
Forum: Cat anecdotes February 19th 13, 03:52 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 4
Posted By nik Simpson
Interesting story about Torties

As a new slave to a Tortie, this is something that I didn't know...

http://io9.com/5890039/how-tortoiseshell-cats-show-the-limits-of-cloning

--
Nik Simpson
Forum: Cat anecdotes February 5th 13, 09:19 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On 2/5/2013 10:30 AM, jmcquown wrote:
Being a tortie she looks a little "dusty" ;) I'm sure if it's not her
true name she'll be letting you know.

Yes, Dusty was chosen because she does look a...
Forum: Cat anecdotes February 5th 13, 03:56 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 12
Posted By nik Simpson
Emily's successor

On 2/4/2013 7:55 PM, Joy wrote:
"nik Simpson" wrote in message
Needless to say, after Emily's death, a new kitten was on...
Forum: Cat anecdotes February 4th 13, 08:52 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 12
Posted By nik Simpson
Emily's successor

Needless to say, after Emily's death, a new kitten was on the cards ;-)
So, here she is:

http://public.fotki.com/niksimpson/custer/56-381700136148.html

She's a Tortie, about 6 months old from the...
Forum: Cat anecdotes February 1st 13, 04:23 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 12
Posted By nik Simpson
A candle for Emily

http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=GFS

Adrian isn't here so I hope this works.

Tweed

Thanks
Forum: Cat anecdotes January 29th 13, 10:57 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 15
Posted By nik Simpson
Sad day

Just wanted to say thanks for the kind words.
--
Nik Simpson
Forum: Cat anecdotes January 28th 13, 04:17 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

I just had to take Emily to the vet for the last time, she didn't quite
make her 19th birthday, but a good innings none the less. She was very
calm and relaxed at the vet which was totally unlike...
Forum: Cat anecdotes September 24th 12, 05:35 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 5
Posted By nik Simpson
Billy the Kit

On 9/24/2012 9:35 AM, dgk wrote:

Oh, that one looks just like Espy did when I first got him. I think
that perhaps teaching him to pounce on things moving under the covers
will not work out...
Forum: Cat anecdotes September 5th 12, 07:40 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 4
Posted By nik Simpson
(OT) Help w/Thunderbird again?

On 9/5/2012 12:52 PM, Nadia N. wrote:
jmcquown wrote:
I'm trying to get Thunderbird to sort ng posts the way I'm used to in
Windows Mail (and before that, Outlook Express). I'd love to use...
Forum: Cat anecdotes August 17th 12, 05:08 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 7
Posted By nik Simpson
(OT) Thunderbird

On 8/17/2012 10:32 AM, jmcquown wrote:
I really like Thunderbird as my newsreader. It quotes text
appropriately, which people have bitched at me for years about (not
necessarily on RPCA!) for...
Forum: Cat anecdotes August 16th 12, 03:58 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 1
Posted By nik Simpson
Libby and Custer

Custer wasn't to sure what to make of Libby at first, but he's started
playing with her, which involves complex games of tag. At one moment,
he's chasing Libby, then it's the other way around which...
Forum: Cat anecdotes August 10th 12, 04:48 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 11
Posted By nik Simpson
Breakfast - A Battle of Wills

On 8/9/2012 9:04 PM, Bastette wrote:
nik Simpson wrote:

On 8/9/2012 2:10 PM, dgk wrote:

Hmm. Maybe I should try feeding my brood -- ah, whatever is in your
bowl. What's in...
Forum: Cat anecdotes August 9th 12, 10:00 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 11
Posted By nik Simpson
Breakfast - A Battle of Wills

On 8/9/2012 2:10 PM, dgk wrote:
On Thu, 09 Aug 2012 10:57:05 -0500, nik Simpson
wrote:

The new kitten (now called Libby, since I already have Custer) is
determined to...
Forum: Cat anecdotes August 9th 12, 04:57 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 11
Posted By nik Simpson
Breakfast - A Battle of Wills

The new kitten (now called Libby, since I already have Custer) is
determined to dive headfirst into my morning bowl of cereal, fighting
her off is quite a challenge, and one that she is winning at...
Forum: Cat anecdotes August 2nd 12, 03:18 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 29
Posted By nik Simpson
(OT) Mozilla Firefox Advice

On 7/31/2012 4:51 PM, EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque) wrote:
I have sort of the same problem - I've been using Firefox in an older
version, but suddenly it INSISTS upon offering me the newer...
Forum: Cat anecdotes July 30th 12, 08:25 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 23
Posted By nik Simpson
New kitten

On 7/30/2012 2:08 PM, Bastette wrote:
Debby Hanoka wrote:

"Cat, get off my head!"

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

I don't get it...

In the first...
Forum: Cat anecdotes July 30th 12, 02:30 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 23
Posted By nik Simpson
New kitten

One less kitten at the local animal shelter. She's about 12 weeks old
and blue-grey. At the shelter, she made it abundantly clear that she was
going home with me, despite the other kittens being...
Forum: Cat anecdotes June 15th 12, 04:46 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 15
Posted By nik Simpson
Goofy brought in a present last night.

On 6/8/2012 3:17 PM, Bastette wrote:

I had a similar, though not quite as grotesque, experience several years
ago. A bird got into my apartment (my previous apt) and Smudge caught it.
There...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 211