Showing results 1 to 22 of 22
Search took 0.00 seconds.
Forum: Cat health & behaviour April 28th 09, 07:17 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 4
Posted By [email protected]
Help - cat aggressive towards kid after attack by another cat

This sounds like a case of re-directed aggression (based on the
information you posted here). Do you have another, spare room,
possibly with a window that you can shut the cat in instead of...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour April 20th 09, 03:15 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 9
Posted By [email protected]
Cat food brands--Science Diet = cat equivalent of rich folkbuying their people food at Whole Foods and other boutique grocery stores?

Anyway, would love to hear from people who know something about cat
health and nutrition who don't also subscribe to the view that buying
organic people food will significantly expand the life...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour April 14th 09, 05:41 PM Posted to alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 20
Posted By [email protected]
Cat gnawing on wires

First, one question--how often are you feeding her the wet? It's best
to serve twice per day, approximately 12 hours apart. Cats don't need
more frequent feedings than that. IMO I would stick to...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour March 12th 09, 03:10 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 4
Posted By [email protected]
Cat insurance

In my case, I opted *not* to go with any insurance plan and instead to
"self-insure." *I have put a small amount into an interest-bearing savings
account (admittedly, *very limited* interest at...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour March 4th 09, 05:58 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 13
Posted By [email protected]
Cat Cataracts

On Mar 4, 10:41*am, Poe wrote:
wrote:
We have a cat (who is 8 now) who has cataracts in both eyes. They
developed at quite a young age,...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour March 4th 09, 03:53 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 13
Posted By [email protected]
Cat Cataracts

We have a cat (who is 8 now) who has cataracts in both eyes. They
developed at quite a young age, about 2, and we did opt to see an
animal opthamalogist (who we continue to see regularly). In our...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour February 26th 09, 05:40 PM Posted to alt.med.veterinary,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 23
Posted By [email protected]
Cat suddenly throwing up after environment change

I do not think the couch and her vomiting are related. I think the
timing is purely coincidental. I personally would call your vet today
and get her in. What looks like 'depression' to you could...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour February 24th 09, 06:41 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 16
Posted By [email protected]
Cat Food

Because I bought them on-line and the shipping is too much to return
them that way. *You need not worry. *I only posted to try to recoup
some money.

That makes sense, and I understand why...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour February 12th 09, 07:28 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 0
Posted By [email protected]
Brushing Teeth

Does anyone have a trick they use for getting at the lower back teeth?

Hi Laura,

I highly recommend the C.E.T. cat toothbrush. It's different from
other 'dog' or 'pet' toothbrushes in that it's...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour February 12th 09, 07:24 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 9
Posted By [email protected]
Hissing when playing?

IME, some cats hiss a lot more than others. One of ours will hiss
quiet often at a number of things, while another rarely (if ever)
hisses. What you're describing sounds like an automatic reflex and...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour February 9th 09, 07:13 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 22
Posted By [email protected]
cat clawing furniture

Yes, the Pedi-Paws. A worthfy investment. ... [A]fter awhile
both of you get into the hang of it and it becomes a regular weekly
bonding ritual. They love the attention.

I had been...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour February 5th 09, 09:29 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 22
Posted By [email protected]
cat clawing furniture

Is "Ultimate Cat Scratcher" a trade name?

Yes, it is. It's made by Smart Cat. You can find stores near you that
sell it on their web site. On this page, in the middle is a photo of
the scratcher....
Forum: Cat health & behaviour February 5th 09, 07:05 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 22
Posted By [email protected]
cat clawing furniture

Several things to comment on:

1. Please do NOT spray her with a water bottle. You are teaching her
to be afraid of you, or to simply be more secretive about her
scratching. Neither is helpful to you...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour January 30th 09, 07:45 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 1
Posted By [email protected]
Today is Duffy's 6th annifursary

Hooray for Duffy (and you)! Congrats on this special day. Spoil him
rotten.
Forum: Cat health & behaviour January 17th 09, 07:40 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 3
Posted By [email protected]
He's Home!

Hooray! I hope he makes a full and speedy recovery.
Forum: Cat health & behaviour January 9th 09, 07:52 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 46
Posted By [email protected]
cat's front teeth gone

If all cats need is meat, why not feed them nothing but plain chicken and
pork? Chicken and pork can be bought at a cost per pound significantly less
than cat food. (This is actually a serious...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour December 11th 08, 03:42 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 9
Posted By [email protected]
need advice on giving eye drops to a kitty

Nadia,

How are things going?
Forum: Cat health & behaviour November 25th 08, 03:31 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 8
Posted By [email protected]
Eilish Could Not Be Saved

My condolences to you and your family. Eilish will be waiting for you
at the Bridge and you will meet again someday.
Forum: Cat health & behaviour November 20th 08, 07:22 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 7
Posted By [email protected]
Ping Claude

Here's a pic. She could be Bubba's sister...

http://www.sonic.net/~claudel/Rascal01.jpg

One eye looks bluer than the other, but they're both the same green IRL.

She is beautiful! Those...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour November 15th 08, 02:40 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 9
Posted By [email protected]
Urination in Bed

My first question is, what kind of food are you feeding her? Since she
has a history of urinary problems, wet food is HIGHLY advised. It will
increase her water intake and dilute her urine.

Most...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour November 14th 08, 05:12 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 9
Posted By [email protected]
Carpet cleaning?

A good possibility.
I appreciate the brand names.

Thanks, and thanks to all for your thoughts.

Sylvia

FWIW, I can only find the Holy Cow cleaner at Walgreens.
Forum: Cat health & behaviour November 14th 08, 05:11 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 24
Posted By [email protected]
Marlo's drooling

I'm getting out of here at 1:30 and will rush home.

Good for you. With as many problems as I've had lately with our cats,
it's better to nip things in the bud (if there is a problem).
Showing results 1 to 22 of 22