Showing results 1 to 25 of 145
Search took 0.01 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Rhonda[_3_]
Forum: Cat anecdotes May 10th 09, 06:10 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 30
Posted By Rhonda[_3_]
RIP Grandcat

Sorry to hear about your baby, Sherry. I think they take a piece of our
hearts with them when they have to leave.

Rhonda

Sherry wrote:
Orion had to be PTS. About a year and a half ago he was...
Forum: Cat anecdotes May 10th 09, 06:09 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 34
Posted By Rhonda[_3_]
Advice needed: pilling Smudge

We have a cat with arthritis that is getting bad, too. We decided to get
glucosimine in capsules. That made it very easy. We just open the
capsule and sprinkle some on wet food or a spoonful of...
Forum: Cat anecdotes April 28th 09, 05:25 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 95
Posted By Rhonda[_3_]
Steel yourselves - it's the worst news

Christina,

Wow, what a horrible thing you're going through. I cannot even imagine
being sick and having an emergency operation, then coming home to this.
You need time to heal physically, let...
Forum: Cat anecdotes April 28th 09, 05:14 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 84
Posted By Rhonda[_3_]
Aggie Marble Jan 1993 - Mar 2009

Charleen,

I'm coming in late, but wanted to tell you I was very sorry to read
about Aggie Marble.

She was so lucky to have people like you and your husband who took the
time to get to know her,...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour January 23rd 09, 05:51 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 5
Posted By Rhonda[_3_]
Hobbes Not Eating!

Another thought -- did they thoroughly check his teeth? Bad teeth can
have the same symptoms as a virus, especially the nose running.

Hope you find out what's wrong.

Rhonda

LauraM wrote:

Forum: Cat health & behaviour January 23rd 09, 05:49 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 5
Posted By Rhonda[_3_]
Hobbes Not Eating!

Hi Laura,

When our cat had bouts of pancreatitus, he would not eat. When cats get
sick to their stomachs they tend to blame their food and refuse the last
food that they ate.

With Bob, we had to...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour January 9th 09, 03:57 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 10
Posted By Rhonda[_3_]
Megacolon

LauraM wrote:

He *is* a Main Coon! You're psychic! ;) He's laying on his back
right now looking at me with those lovable eyes.

Our megacolon cat is a tortie.

Yeah, I figured he'd be on...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour January 8th 09, 04:04 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 5
Posted By Rhonda[_3_]
Is it politically correct to call a cat "pussy"???

He does it on purpose for the shock and attention value.

Rhonda

Gene Stonerly wrote:
Because calling a cat "pussy" may offend many women...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour January 5th 09, 05:23 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 3
Posted By Rhonda[_3_]
Dolly can't deficate

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about Dolly. Our cat had the same problem a couple of
years ago. She could not go at all, and then the toxins built up in her
system enough that she was throwing up all of...
Forum: Cat anecdotes January 2nd 09, 02:10 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 18
Posted By Rhonda[_3_]
Dan, Any Word on Tabitha?

Dan, any fireplace or wooden stove-type thing where she could be stuck?
Maybe a vent or pipe? Also, inside of box springs?

Rhonda

Daniel Mahoney wrote:
Still no sign. We've checked all of the...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour November 17th 08, 06:10 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 9
Posted By Rhonda[_3_]
Urination in Bed

Hi there,

We have a cat with urinary infections and general cystitis. He gives us
symptoms when his bladder is bothering him, and he has peed on the bed.
I've covered the bed with a sheet of...
Forum: Cat anecdotes November 4th 08, 06:07 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 117
Posted By Rhonda[_3_]
Did You Set Your Clocks Back?

Sherry wrote:
I think this is a classic case of making a mountain out of a molehill.
Ask yourself
if *anyone else* except Kyla had posted the same thing, what would the
response
have...
Forum: Cat anecdotes October 14th 08, 11:16 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 75
Posted By Rhonda[_3_]
OT - Chronic Pain Management Experience?

Kyla, I just caught this. You don't have any medical insurance at all?

In Washington, there's a state program for very cheap medical insurance
so that everyone can be insured. I think it starts at...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour October 9th 08, 06:02 AM Posted to alt.cats,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.health+behav,rec.pets.cats.misc
Replies: 3
Posted By Rhonda[_3_]
Cats Moaning in the night?

I don't know what it could have been, but I'd be worried that she was
hurt and moaning in pain. When cats are sick or injured, they tend to hide.

Please go out and look under every bush, and check...
Forum: Cats - misc October 9th 08, 06:02 AM Posted to alt.cats,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.health+behav,rec.pets.cats.misc
Replies: 1
Posted By Rhonda[_3_]
Cats Moaning in the night?

I don't know what it could have been, but I'd be worried that she was
hurt and moaning in pain. When cats are sick or injured, they tend to hide.

Please go out and look under every bush, and check...
Forum: Cat anecdotes September 11th 08, 04:58 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 9
Posted By Rhonda[_3_]
He's home!

Good for you, Annie! I wish all you a quick and safe trip out of there.

Check in when you can.

Rhonda

Annie Wxill wrote:
The power of purr helps once again. Although Jim could use a little
Forum: Cat health & behaviour September 11th 08, 04:57 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 27
Posted By Rhonda[_3_]
R.I.P. Puss Puss. ? - 20080904 0901 AM EST. Pictures and arant.

CatNipped wrote:

Just replying in kind, Rhonda. Maybe you haven't read the posts (maybe 5 or
6 now) with the ad hominem attacks she's been leveling at me, calling me a
bitch, accusing me of...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour September 11th 08, 04:52 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 27
Posted By Rhonda[_3_]
R.I.P. Puss Puss. ? - 20080904 0901 AM EST. Pictures and arant.

cybercat wrote:
"Rhonda" wrote in message

CN, wow. That was painfully harsh. I thought you were trying to rein in
the...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour September 10th 08, 06:36 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 27
Posted By Rhonda[_3_]
R.I.P. Puss Puss. ? - 20080904 0901 AM EST. Pictures and arant.

CN, wow. That was painfully harsh. I thought you were trying to rein in
the the personal dramatics for awhile, but now something else is coming out.

What's going on?

Rhonda

CatNipped wrote:
Forum: Cat health & behaviour September 6th 08, 06:43 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 48
Posted By Rhonda[_3_]
EMERGENCY!!: Seriously injured cat and I CANNOT do anything aboutit (sort of - READ!) PLEASE HELP!

cybercat wrote:
"Rhonda" wrote in message

Wow, what a tough situation. I can feel the panic -- the middle of the
night...
Forum: Cat anecdotes September 6th 08, 06:12 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 15
Posted By Rhonda[_3_]
Aggie Marble and Dr. Hernandez

Charleen,

I'm so sorry to hear about Aggie Marble. Darn it, I hate those steroids
for cats. It only took one shot for Bob, our beautiful Maine Coon, to
get full-fledged diabetes. We have pledged...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour September 5th 08, 05:42 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 15
Posted By Rhonda[_3_]
change of litter brand - cud it lead to UTI?

Cat Protector wrote:
No. UTI's usually happen because of diet.

Well, not always. We have a cat with bladder issues and he has flare-ups
every 8 mos or so. This last time, it was not a true...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour September 5th 08, 05:35 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 15
Posted By Rhonda[_3_]
change of litter brand - cud it lead to UTI?

I would suspect that as at least part of the problem.

Stress can cause a flare up if changing litters upset the kitty. Also,
if the cat doesn't want to use the litter and is holding the urine too...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour September 5th 08, 05:32 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 48
Posted By Rhonda[_3_]
EMERGENCY!!: Seriously injured cat and I CANNOT do anything aboutit (sort of - READ!) PLEASE HELP!

Wow, what a tough situation. I can feel the panic -- the middle of the
night and a cat in critical condition.

I'm sorry you had to go through that. You did the cat a favor by getting
him to the...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour August 6th 08, 06:22 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 2
Posted By Rhonda[_3_]
Mysterious skin problems

Is there anything new you've been using this year, or using more often?
Different detergent on the bed linen, new carpet shampoo, anything at
all? Do you get them groomed, did the groomer change...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 145