Showing results 1 to 25 of 500
Search took 1.39 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Rhonda
Forum: Cat anecdotes July 5th 07, 04:41 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 7
Posted By Rhonda
Kittens Still Sneezing

Karen,

When our cat had nasal congestion on one side and one weepy eye, it
turned out to be a tooth problem on that side. Tooth problems very often
have the same symptoms as URI's. Is Pearl the...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour July 5th 07, 04:34 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 23
Posted By Rhonda
Cats and Colds

CatNipped wrote:
"Rhonda" wrote in message

CatNipped wrote:

The vet gave me eye drops that can be used as nose...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour July 5th 07, 04:32 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 3
Posted By Rhonda
Kittens Still Sneezing - Advice Needed

CN, those viruses do have to run their course no matter what medicine
they get. We never had it in our house until a few years ago when we
brought home one rescue cat -- now everyone has the virus....
Forum: Cat anecdotes July 5th 07, 04:16 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 3
Posted By Rhonda
Catnapper

What do you think about it, Winnie?

Rhonda

Winnie wrote:
This morning's paper front page headlined this story about a 17 year
old cat that was kidnapped

Forum: Cat health & behaviour July 5th 07, 04:14 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 10
Posted By Rhonda
Is this feeding method safe?

James wrote:

I'm surprised you didn't sue for millions because the can didn't have
a warning that you can cut your hand. Guess you don't live in an area
with a bunch of sleezy...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour July 5th 07, 03:40 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 10
Posted By Rhonda
Is this feeding method safe?

Lis wrote:
On Jul 3, 2:19 pm, "
wrote:

My sister feeds her cat partly with food from cans with pull tabs.
She pulls the top off, then...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour July 4th 07, 07:10 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 31
Posted By Rhonda
Byproduicts, what are they? was Report on Alex for Phil --

-L. wrote:
cybercat wrote:

The question is, why would anyone bother trying to feed cats and dogs
to cats and dogs?

Cheap source of protein. The bodies are disposed of, anyway, so...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour July 4th 07, 07:05 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 23
Posted By Rhonda
Cats and Colds

Thanks, Cheryl. I will ask the vet about that next time, if there is a
next time!

Rhonda

Cheryl wrote:

Our vet prescribed Chlor-Trimaton several times, even for kittens.
Just a very small...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour July 4th 07, 07:04 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 23
Posted By Rhonda
Cats and Colds

CatNipped wrote:
"Rhonda" wrote in message

cybercat wrote:

These are good enough reasons for most people who care...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour July 1st 07, 06:35 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 23
Posted By Rhonda
Cats and Colds

cybercat wrote:

These are good enough reasons for most people who care about their cats to
take them in when they see signs of a cold or "URI" (upper respiratory
infection) so that the vet...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour June 28th 07, 08:35 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 31
Posted By Rhonda
Byproduicts, what are they? was Report on Alex for Phil --

cybercat wrote:
"Rhonda" wrote

What AAFCO doesn't mention is that meat byproducts may also legally
contain: "4D animals (dead, dying, diseased, down), road kill,...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour June 28th 07, 08:30 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 31
Posted By Rhonda
Report on Alex for Phil -- Pro-Plan versus Fancy Feast

cybercat wrote:
"Rhonda" wrote

Hey Cindy,

This was an interesting bit of additional grossness from one cat site:

--------------------
Definition: Meat...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour June 27th 07, 07:51 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 31
Posted By Rhonda
Report on Alex for Phil -- Pro-Plan versus Fancy Feast

cindys wrote:
This is just the opposite of what I thought the byproducts were. I thought
they were rendered, nonclean parts etc and *did* include horns, hair, teeth,
hoofs, etc However, I...
Forum: Cat anecdotes June 26th 07, 06:23 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 26
Posted By Rhonda
Pics of the Orphan Babies

Sherry -- these guys can advertise for themselves!

What cute little things. I swear you could put a pic like that up at a
vet office and put a big heading like "We lost our mom and we need a
home...
Forum: Cat anecdotes June 26th 07, 05:25 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 12
Posted By Rhonda
Buster's questionable diet

Wow Tak, if he really ate all of that and he's throwing up -- I'd take
him into the vet right away for an x-ray.

Here's one vet site that mentions cats eating strange...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour June 23rd 07, 01:50 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 129
Posted By Rhonda
My cats have never been out

bookie wrote:

like I have said many times before you cannot judge about an area
someone lives in and whether ti is safe for their cats to go outside
unless you have been there.

Bookie,

That...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour June 21st 07, 06:16 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 9
Posted By Rhonda
Orphans -- Phil? Anybody?

Sherry wrote:
On Jun 18, 6:51 pm, Cheryl wrote:

On Sun 17 Jun 2007 10:46:26p, Sherry wrote...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour June 21st 07, 06:13 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 129
Posted By Rhonda
My cats have never been out

bookie wrote:
On 21 Jun, 01:37, "barb" wrote:

Ryan Robbins wrote:

Yeah -- don't let them out. Cats don't enjoy being maimed or killed. Nor do
the owners who...
Forum: Cat anecdotes June 17th 07, 06:13 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 84
Posted By Rhonda
Integrating the new kitties

Pat wrote:
"MaryL" -OUT-THE-LITTER wrote

| I have relied on advice of experts in animal behavior (who advocated
| gradual introduction).

But Tak has a different...
Forum: Cat anecdotes June 17th 07, 06:10 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 84
Posted By Rhonda
Integrating the new kitties

Jack Campin - bogus address wrote:
There are *very good* reasons for keeping the cats apart during
the introduction period.

We tried the keeping-them-apart thing when we introduced...
Forum: Cat anecdotes June 17th 07, 06:08 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 84
Posted By Rhonda
Integrating the new kitties (the first night)

Takayuki wrote:
mlbriggs wrote:

On Sat, 16 Jun 2007 12:57:30 -0400, Takayuki wrote:

Buster kept up a murping, trilling commentary as he reacquainted...
Forum: Cat anecdotes June 16th 07, 07:09 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 70
Posted By Rhonda
Betty's successors in hiding

Wow, sounds like they're both doing great! I can't believe they're
snuggling with you and doing so well right away. You must just have a
way with cats.

It sounds like they're going to be good...
Forum: Cat anecdotes June 15th 07, 09:37 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 67
Posted By Rhonda
Visiting the shelter

Takayuki wrote:
Karen wrote:

I'm so happy you went!! I was thinking...Hmmm siblings! If you decide
to take the plunge, I hope you get two. They are so good company....
Forum: Cat health & behaviour June 10th 07, 02:11 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 208
Posted By Rhonda
My cat had an accident - I'm sick with worry!

Charlie Wilkes wrote:
On Fri, 08 Jun 2007 05:11:39 GMT, Rhonda
wrote:

Bookie,

Most people here are against the war, and many of us shook our heads in...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour June 10th 07, 02:05 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 208
Posted By Rhonda
My cat had an accident - I'm sick with worry!

sheelagh wrote:
On 9 Jun, 15:55, "reeper" wrote:

what is pmt?

what is pmt?

PRE MESTURAL TENSION,
I think we have different ways of saying the same thing,
Showing results 1 to 25 of 500