Showing results 1 to 25 of 228
Search took 0.16 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: barb
Forum: Cat health & behaviour September 9th 11, 02:49 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 34
Posted By barb
7-year-old cat with "smoker's cough" !

You could try Googling for extra info and then phone call to your vet.

Barb
Forum: Cat health & behaviour August 31st 11, 06:35 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 16
Posted By barb
contacting news group

My ISP is IO Cablevision in NY. I am getting our newsgroup. At first it
seemed to have shrunk so much I almost downloaded a different provider for
newsgroups.

Barb
Forum: Cat health & behaviour August 28th 11, 12:51 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 33
Posted By barb
Cats too fat.

Good question. I only know I've read not to get cats to lose weight too
fast.

Barb
Forum: Cat health & behaviour August 14th 11, 05:29 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 11
Posted By barb
cat toileting outside litter tray

Sorry, misspelled, should be "medical issue", not "medial issue".

Barb
Forum: Cat health & behaviour August 14th 11, 05:24 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 11
Posted By barb
cat toileting outside litter tray

Has he been taken to a vet for a check-up? This could be a sign of a medial
issue.

Barb
Forum: Cat health & behaviour August 14th 11, 05:22 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 16
Posted By barb
contacting news group

We had our share of spammers and insulters but I was willing to overlook all
that-you're not forced to read every post. Looks like most of the spammers
got tired of us, anyway.

Barb
Forum: Cat health & behaviour August 13th 11, 03:27 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 16
Posted By barb
contacting news group

Okay, thanks!

Barb
Forum: Cat health & behaviour August 12th 11, 03:33 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 16
Posted By barb
contacting news group

Yes, I had googled and learned that other sources are taking the place of
newsgroups. I'd been in this group along time and really hate to give it
up. I don't do facebook or twitter and don't...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour August 11th 11, 01:49 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 16
Posted By barb
contacting news group

Okay, I see my message posted. Had heard that Windows 7 is not compatible
with news groups.

Barb
Forum: Cat health & behaviour August 11th 11, 01:46 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 16
Posted By barb
contacting news group

With this new Windows 7 I suspect I am not getting our news group although I
installed it and have one message from yesterday (Wednesday).

Barb
Forum: Cat health & behaviour August 8th 11, 03:13 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 19
Posted By barb
Trying to decide if its time to let go...

Since she seemed to be enjoying life before the move, I'd give the steroids
a shot.

Barb
Forum: Cat health & behaviour June 6th 11, 03:16 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 6
Posted By barb
Medicating a recalcitrant cat

There's this stuff called Feliway. You plug it into the wall and it calms
down the cats. I used it once when I went away for a week and left a new
cat with my other cat. When I came home they...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour June 5th 11, 07:51 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 6
Posted By barb
Medicating a recalcitrant cat

I don't like the idea of the pet sitter transporting Meep unless it's a dire
emergency. My vet has a couple of vet techs who help him out. They are not
paid that well and would make house calls. ...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour May 20th 11, 03:27 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 16
Posted By barb
What do I need to know about pet sitters?

I'd used one of my vet's techs for several years for my cats. Then, my
neighbor across the street started a pet-sitting and errands business
because she lost her job. I knew her before and she's...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour February 19th 11, 03:29 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 19
Posted By barb
Boarding v friends v professional sitter for two weeks?

Guess you'd get the carpet cleaned after that!

Barb
Forum: Cat health & behaviour February 19th 11, 03:27 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 19
Posted By barb
Boarding v friends v professional sitter for two weeks?

Yes, about the water. Even with a pet sitter I leave a big bowl in the
upstairs bathroom sink with water dripping into it. Just in case...

Barb
Forum: Cat health & behaviour February 18th 11, 03:40 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 19
Posted By barb
Boarding v friends v professional sitter for two weeks?

I've used a professional sitter once and he was great but he stopped doing
the work. I asked my vet and he recommended his assistants and I used one
and that worked out fine. My neighbor across...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour December 29th 10, 03:51 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 9
Posted By barb
What Are The Cats Doing?

It's nice when they knead you and a reminder to trim their claws. I do it
about once a month.

Barb
Forum: Cat health & behaviour December 20th 10, 04:45 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 25
Posted By barb
Moe is slipping away

So sorry about Moe. I've been following this story as an owner of black
short hairs for many years. Their life spans are shorter than ours so that
we can take care of them their whole lives. ...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour November 29th 10, 04:34 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 8
Posted By barb
Any large houseplants that cats don't like?

I planted an avocado seed outdoors and then brought it in for the winter.
It summered outside (in NY) for 5 years and is now almost up to the ceiling
and too big to take outside any more, I guess....
Forum: Cat health & behaviour November 23rd 10, 08:00 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 14
Posted By barb
Tough decision for my cat

I'd go with the surgery. He deserves a chance. Good luck.

Barb
Forum: Cat health & behaviour November 13th 10, 05:24 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 1
Posted By barb
I love Maru (the box cat)

Interesting! But the swishing tail shows his anger so get him a bigger box,
okay?

Barb
Forum: Cat health & behaviour September 20th 10, 01:38 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 1
Posted By barb
Cat rejecting microchip??

Hi, John. Hope all goes well. His body must know what it's doing. Hope
he's an indoor cat.

Barb
Forum: Cat health & behaviour August 26th 10, 04:03 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 16
Posted By barb
Magic the beautiful guy

Ha,

If he's still able to catch a mouse he must still have a lot of life in him!

Barb
Forum: Cat health & behaviour August 25th 10, 03:45 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 16
Posted By barb
Magic the beautiful guy

Really loved your story.

I walk my cat outside on a leash. She only likes to walk on pavement which
is fine with me- less chance of fleas. The other cat has to wear a leash on
the back deck...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 228