Showing results 1 to 25 of 95
Search took 0.02 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Spot[_2_]
Forum: Cat anecdotes March 12th 09, 12:13 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 4
Posted By Spot[_2_]
cat with possible thyroid problems

I took squeekers to the vet yesterday. He's been loosing some weight and he
shouldn't be because he's still eating like a champ.

They ran a panel at the office and everything is ok. I was worried...
Forum: Cat anecdotes March 12th 09, 12:13 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 10
Posted By Spot[_2_]
OT - Brooke Update 3-11

This is absolutely wonderful news. Tell her we are all praying for her.

Celeste
Forum: Cat anecdotes March 6th 09, 04:34 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 4
Posted By Spot[_2_]
Brooke Update 2/27 - 3/4

Let he know we are all praying for her. Also thank her for the nice thank
you cards she is sending out. I received one yesterday in the mail from
her. After everything she's been going through I...
Forum: Cat anecdotes March 6th 09, 04:11 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 9
Posted By Spot[_2_]
Tigger's Tribute Page

A very beautiful tribute. I'm so sorry for your loss, they are never with us
long enough it seems.

Celeste

--
Get 600 FREE 4X6 prints and 600 FREE 5x7 prints
sign up for...

If the car is in excellant condition I would try and sell it to a dealership
or used car lot and be done with it. They tend to snap up good clean used
cars in great conditon. If it's not then I'd...
Forum: Cat anecdotes March 4th 09, 02:09 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 7
Posted By Spot[_2_]
Two kitties on your lap

My oldest has decided in the last 6 months that he likes to sleep on my
pillow "While I'm there sleeping to" I've taken to just giving him a pillow
above my head and I lay on another one. ...
Forum: Cat anecdotes March 2nd 09, 03:43 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 17
Posted By Spot[_2_]
OT the Geeks won

Pants that are too short for your legs. This means you could walk through
flood water without getting your pants wet.

Celeste

--
Get 600 FREE 4X6 prints and 600 FREE 5x7 prints
sign up for...
Forum: Cat anecdotes February 26th 09, 03:33 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 37
Posted By Spot[_2_]
Need ideas for cat toys

Empty tread spools make good toys. They roll around nicely for the cats to
chase.
Plastic rings off milk jugs.
Paper bags
Socks filled with crinkly paper or catnip
Paper wads to bat around

Celeste
Forum: Cat health & behaviour February 25th 09, 02:37 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 6
Posted By Spot[_2_]
Why do cats hate riding in a car but dogs love it?

Most people don't routinely take cats in a car and they never get used to
them. I had a cat years ago who on a weekly basis traveled from my home to
my parents every weekend. We did that from the...
Forum: Cat anecdotes February 24th 09, 05:50 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 11
Posted By Spot[_2_]
A house divided (Quinn)

I certainly wouldn't let him loose. But then I never let my cats roam.
There are too many dangers out there
Celeste

--
Get 600 FREE 4X6 prints and 600 FREE 5x7 prints
sign up for...
Forum: Cat anecdotes February 22nd 09, 04:22 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 21
Posted By Spot[_2_]
Your cat's theme song?

Squeekers would be "I'm too sexy" by Right Said Fred He's always trying to
get happy with Mushkins

Mushkins would by "I'm a Bitch" by Alansi Morissette. She's the mouthiest
siamese mix I've ever...
Forum: Cat anecdotes February 15th 09, 03:24 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 13
Posted By Spot[_2_]
(OT) Who knows chainsaws?

Even in the national forest they allow cutting if you get a PERMIT. They
issue so many every year and specify where and what you are allowed to cut.
That's how it's done in just about all public...
Forum: Cat anecdotes February 15th 09, 03:24 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 13
Posted By Spot[_2_]
(OT) Who knows chainsaws?

This isn't big enough to cut anything more than 4 to 6 inches around. You
aren't going to be cutting much in the national forest with this because
most trees are alot bigger. You need to get him...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour February 10th 09, 09:13 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 8
Posted By Spot[_2_]
fleas...

You need to use a product that has a growth inhibitor like Frontline Plus.
This kills the fleas and makes the eggs infertile so they don't hatch. If
you don't use something like this you are only...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour February 9th 09, 02:38 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 9
Posted By Spot[_2_]
Question about cat coughing spasms

It could be any number of things from hairballs, worms, congestive heart
disease to asthma. You need to see a vet to have it diagnosed properly and
get the correct treatment.

If you have a camera...
Forum: Cat anecdotes February 5th 09, 04:10 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 8
Posted By Spot[_2_]
OT Strange but true

I could see some redneck around her actually doing this.

Celeste

--
Get 600 FREE 4X6 prints and 600 FREE 5x7 prints
sign up for Artscow

baking soda, peroxiide & dish soap are supposed to remove odors can you mix
it up in a bucket or something and dunk the trap into...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour February 2nd 09, 06:59 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 11
Posted By Spot[_2_]
Lump in tail

I would think that he can at least do a needle biopsy with out putting under
for it. I would want it done just to rule out cancer at least. I may be
nothing more than a fatty cyst.

celeste

--...
Forum: Cat anecdotes February 2nd 09, 02:48 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 26
Posted By Spot[_2_]
OT Florida couple clones beloved dog for $155,000

Now see that's my concern, if the original dog had cancer then the clone
will be predisposed to it also.

I doubt these people are the type to just PTS this puppy if it later in life
has cancer or...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour January 30th 09, 02:19 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 2
Posted By Spot[_2_]
Food allergy to prescription food - need advice

You could try Natural Balance they make allergy food for both dogs and cats.
I have a cat who eat the duck & green pea food and is doing great on it.
You can find it at Petco.

Celeste

--
Save...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour January 28th 09, 05:00 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

I had a shy cat years ago that was very aloof with my other two, didn't like
petted and hid anytime anyone came by. I had to moved and gave her to my
sister and her personality came out. She went...
Forum: Cat anecdotes January 28th 09, 04:47 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 6
Posted By Spot[_2_]
AW - do not read if sensitive

Some people just don't get it.

I hope the judge nails this bitch and her boyfriend.

Celeste

--
Save 25% or more on your eBay® auctions
Snipe eBay Auctions with Bidnip

I think it's more important for the dog to be raised from a pup with cats in
order for them to get along. That may not be the case for all dogs but for
dogs with a high prey drive I feel it's...
Forum: Cat anecdotes January 22nd 09, 02:44 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 6
Posted By Spot[_2_]
Medicating KFC

The last time a family member gave me crap about an old animal. I looked at
him and said - "well hell how about we just put you out of your misery when
you get old and decripit, don't you think...
Forum: Cat anecdotes January 20th 09, 06:13 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 11
Posted By Spot[_2_]
Hair licking

Squeekers has taken to sleeping above my pillow on another pillow (his now)
And once in a while he will wake me in the middle of the night cleaning my
hair. I tell him no and it usually stops but...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 95