Showing results 1 to 25 of 271
Search took 0.01 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Pat
Forum: Cat anecdotes September 30th 06, 09:43 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 4
Posted By Pat
"Skweek, mrrrrrrrrkeek!!" she said.

Little Beatrice talks to me and I start to melt down. I want to squeeze,
squeeze that squeaky kitten!!! But it scares her, so I can't!

Don't you sometimes just wanna hug the cat so hard!
Forum: Cat anecdotes September 30th 06, 03:50 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 0
Posted By Pat
[OT] Hey Grace - this sounded familiar

"Mark Edwards" wrote

There was a news item today that reminded me of Grace:

http://www.nbc5i.com/news/9962631/detail.html

I can't read the article because there's...
Forum: Cat anecdotes September 30th 06, 03:37 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 23
Posted By Pat
Purrs needed for my Bobby cat

"Mishi" wrote

Sigh - it seems like I am always asking you all to purr for someone.
Tonight, will you purr for my Bobby cat? We had to take him to the
emergency vets...
Forum: Cat anecdotes September 27th 06, 04:01 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 3
Posted By Pat
Yet MORE Abelard news!

For the first time in his life he's PLAYING WITH ELI.

I can NOT believe my eyes....
Forum: Cat anecdotes September 26th 06, 05:37 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 10
Posted By Pat
A frog worth its cost

"jmcquown" wrote
Jane wrote:
Pat wrote:
A small item I acquired at the recent auction where I got my lovely
sofa for $20 is a hollow ceramic frog. I liked his...
Forum: Cat anecdotes September 26th 06, 12:00 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 18
Posted By Pat
My excellent nurse kitties

"Jo Firey" wrote

I feel a bit like that guy from the American folk tale who took the many
year nap. But still feeling to fuzzy to recall his name.

Wasn't it Rip Van...
Forum: Cat anecdotes September 25th 06, 07:46 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 10
Posted By Pat
A frog worth its cost

"Joy" wrote

It looks as though it would keep him from getting his face in there to get
a drink.

Well, it doesn't stop him or any of the others. They do have to angle...
Forum: Cat anecdotes September 25th 06, 07:12 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 10
Posted By Pat
A frog worth its cost

"Marina" wrote

The frog is very cute, but I don't understand how it stops Tommy from
splashing the water. Well, good thing it does, anyway!

I think it works because...
Forum: Cat anecdotes September 25th 06, 05:32 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 10
Posted By Pat
A frog worth its cost

A small item I acquired at the recent auction where I got my lovely sofa for
$20 is a hollow ceramic frog. I liked his looks, and I like real frogs a
lot, but I wouldn't have bid on this frog...
Forum: Cat anecdotes September 24th 06, 01:10 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 7
Posted By Pat
Abelard again (pic)

This time he was awake and looking into the camera lens:

http://www.dropshots.com/day.php?userid=154049&cdate=20050607&ctime=111417
Forum: Cat anecdotes September 23rd 06, 07:51 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 4
From the top down

":-)Liz" wrote

I'd be real leery as to letting the kitties into the attic until you make
sure the attic spacing between the walls are capped

I will check that. Thanks...
Forum: Cat anecdotes September 23rd 06, 07:50 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 4
From the top down

"mlbriggs" wrote

It gives me "the willys" to think of cats going into crawl spaces and
finding crawlies. How do you know they won't find something poisonous to
say...
Forum: Cat anecdotes September 23rd 06, 07:43 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 5
Posted By Pat
My sweet green-eyed baby girl

When precious Lily (a.k.a. Lily-pad) really wants attention, she will crawl
so stealthily into your lap that you almost don't notice she is even there,
and then she will start licking your hand. If...
Forum: Cat anecdotes September 23rd 06, 02:45 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 11
Posted By Pat
More Abelard News

"Kreisleriana" wrote

He's so gorgeous. The sofa's nice, too. ;)

I just used the link and saw that the title was wrong (something about the
new cat condo) so I changed...
Forum: Cat anecdotes September 22nd 06, 11:36 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 11
Posted By Pat
More Abelard News

I finally got someone to deliver my sofa, and guess who took possession of
it first!!

He might be going for alpha-male-of-the-house status....

It's harder to see in the pic but the sofa does match...
Forum: Cat anecdotes September 22nd 06, 05:31 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 6
Posted By Pat
Quickie announcement

Forgot to mention also demanding FOOD more than before. Since he's burning
it off, he's getting all he can eat.
Forum: Cat anecdotes September 22nd 06, 04:52 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 6
Posted By Pat
Quickie announcement

"Kreisleriana" wrote

Abelard has resumed being a playful boycat. Meowmie is very pleased!

Oh no, you can't just drop that and run away again! What did he
Forum: Cat anecdotes September 21st 06, 12:09 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 6
Posted By Pat
Quickie announcement

Abelard has resumed being a playful boycat. Meowmie is very pleased!

Whatever caused it is contagious. Several of the others are now officially
in full Zoomy Mode.
Forum: Cat anecdotes September 20th 06, 08:59 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 6
Posted By Pat
Quickie announcement

Abelard has resumed being a playful boycat. Meowmie is very pleased!
Forum: Cat anecdotes September 19th 06, 11:56 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 7
Posted By Pat
Hear ye, hear ye!

I'll be scarce here for a while to come. Not sure how scarce or for how long
but probably enough to make a few of you eventually wonder 'what happened to
Pat', in the absence of any forewarning...
Forum: Cat anecdotes September 16th 06, 02:53 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 41
Posted By Pat
UPDATE: The guy who hit me is LYING! :(

wrote

I got a call today from the insurance company for the guy who backed
up into my car with his truck. The f*****g b*st*rd is claiming that I
rear-ended him!!! I...
Forum: Cat anecdotes September 14th 06, 10:00 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 4
From the top down

I dreamed the roof of my house was burning. The fire was extinguished in
time to save the house but it was an experience fraught with terror, both my
own and the cats'. In the end, I got a whole...
Forum: Cat anecdotes September 14th 06, 02:53 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 9
Posted By Pat
Abelard reaches normal weight

"CATherine" wrote

wrote:

Abelard's weight has finally gone up to what it is supposed to be normal
for
an aduly Aby...
Forum: Cat anecdotes September 13th 06, 03:30 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 9
Posted By Pat
Abelard reaches normal weight

Abelard's weight has finally gone up to what it is supposed to be normal for
an aduly Aby male: 9 lbs. If he would put on one more pound I would feel
better about his weight, because he seems to...
Forum: Cat anecdotes September 11th 06, 11:52 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 7
Posted By Pat
OT Sept. 11, 2001 a remembrance

"Dan M" wrote

On 9/11/01 I was driving a truckload of tires from Reno, NV to Oxnard, CA.
I had stopped at the TA truck stop in Salinas, CA for a cup of coffee.
While I was...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 271