Showing results 1 to 21 of 21
Search took 0.02 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Ken Knecht
Forum: Cat health & behaviour August 8th 07, 06:29 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 8
Posted By Ken Knecht
good news server?

Lynne wrote in
:

My news server is screwed up lately, very unreliable. Anyone have any
good ones they...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour July 31st 07, 02:41 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 4
Posted By Ken Knecht
Skin spots

My cat gets a small red spot or three in the thin fur in front of her
ears every once in a while. I've tried drug-store OTC antibiotic ointment
but it has no effect. Eventually they go away, but...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour June 7th 07, 07:15 PM Posted to alt.cats,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.health+behav,rec.pets.cats.misc
Replies: 24
Posted By Ken Knecht
Can you save by buying Advantage flea control for dogs and using smaller dosage for cats?

"Garret Swayne" wrote in
:

I've been told Advantage Flea control has the same ingredients,
whether it's used...
Forum: Cats - misc June 7th 07, 07:15 PM Posted to alt.cats,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.health+behav,rec.pets.cats.misc
Replies: 20
Posted By Ken Knecht
Can you save by buying Advantage flea control for dogs and using smaller dosage for cats?

"Garret Swayne" wrote in
:

I've been told Advantage Flea control has the same ingredients,
whether it's used...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour May 24th 07, 06:24 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 11
Posted By Ken Knecht
Adventures in home-made cat food

PawsForThought wrote in
:

I have Dr.
Pitcairn's book but found his cat food recipes too high in grains and

At...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour May 23rd 07, 05:44 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 11
Posted By Ken Knecht
Adventures in home-made cat food

James wrote in
:

On May 12, 2:25 pm, Ken Knecht wrote:

I tried frying it. She...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour May 21st 07, 06:03 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 15
Posted By Ken Knecht
Homemade catfood?

"Rene S." wrote in news:1179756360.879155.308210
@n15g2000prd.googlegroups.com:

Why don't you try a premade raw diet? That way you won't have to worry
about adding the...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour May 21st 07, 02:29 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 15
Posted By Ken Knecht
Homemade catfood?

If you are making your own cat food, what is your cat's favorite catfood?
I've been feeding raw ground turkey. At first she ate it for a few days,
then refused it. I tried again after a week and...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour May 12th 07, 07:25 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 11
Posted By Ken Knecht
Adventures in home-made cat food

"cybercat" wrote in :

"Ken Knecht" wrote in message
After several...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour May 12th 07, 05:38 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 11
Posted By Ken Knecht
Adventures in home-made cat food

After several days of eating it twice a day, Emily 'Bottomless Pit' cat
refused her raw turkey last Thursday. Back to dry food. I'll start trying
once a day again Sunday.

If someone would put out...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour May 12th 07, 05:29 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 5
Posted By Ken Knecht
Another Recall Alert

I read on Usenet that the US is getting set to import whole cooked
chickens from China - without being labeled so. Also, I'm hearing about
contaminated imported catfish from China - probably not...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour May 8th 07, 05:57 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 10
Posted By Ken Knecht
RECALL OF PET FOODS REACHES EUROPE (ALREADY!!)

jmc wrote in
:

Suddenly, without warning, sheelagh exclaimed (06-May-07 1:28 AM):
On 5 May, 05:33, jmc...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour May 7th 07, 06:51 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 14
Posted By Ken Knecht
Laser pointer as cat toy?

Laser pointers to amuse cat? Bah, humbug! Invested in a laser pointer
with a nice bright red dot. Does the cat chase the dot? Of course not.
She just ignores it. Much prefers a toy using piece of...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour May 6th 07, 05:14 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 0
Posted By Ken Knecht
Cat supplements

I bought a package of Designing Health Inc.'s Missing Link dietary feline
supplement? Anyone else using this?

I plan to add it to my home-made cat food. It seems to provide everything
but seems a...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour May 2nd 07, 11:11 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 10
Posted By Ken Knecht
Anyone making cat food?

sheelagh wrote in
:

On 2 May, 17:39, Ken Knecht wrote:
sheelagh...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour May 2nd 07, 05:39 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 10
Posted By Ken Knecht
Anyone making cat food?

sheelagh wrote in
:

On 2 May, 16:22, Ken Knecht wrote:
I'm gathering the...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour May 2nd 07, 05:14 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 10
Posted By Ken Knecht
Anyone making cat food?

"cindys" wrote in
:

"Ken Knecht" wrote in message
Forum: Cat health & behaviour May 2nd 07, 04:22 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 10
Posted By Ken Knecht
Anyone making cat food?

I'm gathering the ingredients to make my own cat food and if someone here
is doing this I have a few questions.

No, not recipes, I have those.

Like do you feed the same amount as you did the...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour April 30th 07, 06:11 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav,rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Replies: 123
Posted By Ken Knecht
Pet Food Recall: PURINA UR (MAYBE)

"cybercat" wrote in :

"blkcatgal" wrote in message
Well, I...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour April 20th 07, 06:33 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 16
Posted By Ken Knecht
My solution to contaminated foods

I ordered a book on making your own pet food that was recommended by
someone here. Should be here Monday. In the meantime I'm feeding canned
tuna & salmon. Also some many-months-old dry food that...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour April 18th 07, 06:41 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 1
Posted By Ken Knecht
Rice protein = brewer's rice?

The Science Diet dry food I feed my cat has brewer's rice. Is this the
same as the recalled rice protein? From what I've found so far with
Google I think not but I'm not sure.

What's next? Corn...
Showing results 1 to 21 of 21