Showing results 1 to 25 of 26
Search took 0.00 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: David Rorer
Forum: Cat anecdotes May 27th 11, 03:31 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 1
Posted By David Rorer
Funny Bunny! (not OT)

Should have mentioned this earlier - but if the bunny is big enough the cats
will not see it as prey.
If I recall correctly, cats will not take adult rabbits as prey, they are
too large. Cats will...
Forum: Cat anecdotes May 20th 11, 03:33 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 2
Posted By David Rorer
Visit to the shelter

Did my twice weekly visit to the shelter to play with the cats yesterday and
had some long sessions of chase the red dot with several of the grown cats.
Then went into the kitten room where four two...
Forum: Cat anecdotes May 5th 11, 12:22 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 1
Posted By David Rorer
Little red dot

When I visit the shelter to play with the cats I take along a small
flashlight that has a red laser and use it to entertain them. The adult cats
will lose interest in the red dot after a while but...
Forum: Cat anecdotes May 4th 11, 11:58 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 10
Posted By David Rorer
Paw Prints in the newly fallen snow

"Judith Latham" wrote in message

In article ,
David Rorer wrote:
Paw Prints in the...
Forum: Cat anecdotes April 24th 11, 02:17 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 9
Posted By David Rorer
OT - Need suggestions for news readers

Cannot see the problem with Windows Live Mail myself, as that is what I am
using. Pretty much the same as Outlook Express, which I used before.
However, if you really want another news reader go to...
Forum: Cat anecdotes April 24th 11, 12:12 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 10
Posted By David Rorer
Paw Prints in the newly fallen snow

Paw Prints in the Snow
This morning there were paw prints in the newly fallen snow
Where a kitty had come to visit in the night

A single line of prints up the driveway to the opening in the garage...
Forum: Cat anecdotes February 26th 11, 02:45 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 0
Posted By David Rorer
A February Tableaux

A February Tableaux

A rare clear sunny winter day

Chill air, warm sun

Snow clings to patches of shade

Tree branches sharp against the hard blue sky
Forum: Cat anecdotes February 1st 11, 03:29 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 4
Posted By David Rorer
8 degrees (F) outside today

My cat O.C. never came inside and seldom let me get close enough to pet him.
He happily lived in a shelter, with a heating pad through below zero F
winters for nearly eight years. Only in his last...
Forum: Cat anecdotes February 1st 11, 03:11 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 8
Posted By David Rorer
Kittens

I have five cats at home - two of whom are still very kitten like though
they are now about five years old.
I would love to adopt another kitten, but at 71 am afraid that it would out
live me. i.e....
Forum: Cat anecdotes January 22nd 11, 06:18 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 8
Posted By David Rorer
Kittens

Update on the kittens:
Three of them have been adopted. The two black and one Tortie were still
there yesterday.
Because of the snow, no one has been to visit them for a few days and when I
walked...
Forum: Cat anecdotes January 15th 11, 03:26 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 8
Posted By David Rorer
Kittens

There is a kitten over here
Another kitten over there
There's a kitten on my lap
Curled up for a nap
There's a kitten on my shoulder
Could a kitten get much bolder
A kitten purring in my ear
What a...
Forum: Cat anecdotes December 30th 10, 03:25 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 1
Posted By David Rorer
Involuntarily gone

You wern't the only one. My ISP went down on Thursday and didnot come back
up until Sunday sometime.
The contacts at customer service could not say what the problem was, but did
know that the...
Forum: Cat anecdotes December 4th 10, 03:07 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 20
Posted By David Rorer
"Inky" RB

I believe that cats are really angels

Come to bless us with their presence, for a while

Then they return to heaven

Such small creatures, so soft and warm
Forum: Cat anecdotes November 30th 10, 12:29 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 3
Posted By David Rorer
Of Winged Kittens

"Grieve not, nor speak of me with tears,

but laugh and talk of me as if I were beside you.

I loved you so -- 'twas Heaven here with you."
Forum: Cat anecdotes November 7th 10, 10:25 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 4
Posted By David Rorer
Mooch's winter home

I too had a resident cat who lived on our deck. He was an orange cat and we
named him O.C. which could stand for either Other, Orange or Outside + Cat.
I bought a small house (just like the one in...
Forum: Cat anecdotes September 19th 10, 10:37 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 8
Posted By David Rorer
Cold Sales Calls...

It would have been funny if you'd gotten her to meow into the phone. :)

Roxy sometimes purrs into the phone when I'm talking. The person on
the other end hears an amplified version - I hear...
Forum: Cat anecdotes September 18th 10, 03:56 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 8
Posted By David Rorer
Cold Sales Calls...

"MatSav" wrote in message
Prompted by the thread about a TV commercial, I like this response to
"cold calls" on the...
Forum: Cat anecdotes August 23rd 10, 01:41 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 11
Posted By David Rorer
Shoe laces make the best kitten toys

The laces - if you read the story carefully - were and remained on my shoes.
At no time were the kittens allowed to play with them unsupervised.

David Rorer
"---MIKE---" ...
Forum: Cat anecdotes August 22nd 10, 02:59 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 11
Posted By David Rorer
Shoe laces make the best kitten toys

The shelter I visit has a room set aside for kittens and pregnant moms.
There are four double stack cages along one wall a couple of chairs and some
climbing towers on the other. The staff usually...
Forum: Cat anecdotes July 6th 10, 03:02 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 4
Posted By David Rorer
The Ham monster

Now two of mine will do anything for ham. I usually microwave a couple of
slices for a sandwitch and the smell brings them running. The Fluffy
actually gets right up and tries to take a piece right...
Forum: Cat anecdotes July 6th 10, 02:45 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 1
Posted By David Rorer
Tuesdays with Fred

Tuesdays with Fred

Tuesday mornings I drive over to the group home to visit with my old friend
Fred.

Fred is always glad to see me and we spend about an hour together, while I
tell him what's...
Forum: Cat anecdotes June 18th 10, 03:50 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 1
Posted By David Rorer
Wet Paws

Miss Inky went out this morning, when the grass was still quite wet, and
wandered as far as the tree line.
Like the good girl she is, she came back when I called her, but it was
obvious that she...
Forum: Cat anecdotes May 24th 10, 02:58 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 5
Posted By David Rorer
squirrels and cats

We have a bay window that looks out on our backyard, which is partly wooded
and is rife with wildlife. Birds, squirrels, deer, once a fox, you get the
picture. I keep feeders hanging in the trees for...
Forum: Cat anecdotes April 27th 10, 11:53 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 1
Ink
Posted By David Rorer
Ink

There's Ink on the table

Now Ink is on the chair

What ever shall I do?

Ink can be removed
Forum: Cat anecdotes April 25th 10, 11:31 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 4
Posted By David Rorer
Angel Cats